10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Rise of the Planet of the Apes (possible spoilers)

So what did you guys think of the movie?

Personally I thought it was pretty good and Cesar was really well played out, I still need to see the old ones though. XD
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Haven't seen the Heston ones?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Haven't seen the Heston ones?
    Does this mean I'm a heathen? XD
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Does this mean I'm a heathen? XD
    Pretty much yea

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't seen it yet, wait is this movie before or after the newer one?

Deleted
    Serkis was absolutely amazing. (Only film I didn't like him in was Deathwatch)

As to the timeline : it's a total reboot : the origins if you will. Forget about that Tim Burton shite.

Great film indeed. If you're on the fence: go see it.

Edit : Off topic, but I just realised that Tim Roth (who I absolutely love) was offered the role of Snape in Harry Potter. How awesome would that have been instead of doing planet of the bloody apes by Tim bloody Burton?
    Last edited by mmocf3b228c4c6; 2011-08-05 at 08:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    -----------------------SPOILERS---------------------

I didn't like it. I couldn't follow the premise of everything being completely controllable, yet every human being in the movie lacked any type of common sense. Jesus, the damn ape handler gets sick, REALLY sick, and doesn't bother to see a doctor. He just spews the shit over everybody else, which pretty much causes the whole problem. Oh, and if you're gonna fly a helicopter over a bridge, gunning down super-intelligent apes, don't fly it close enough to where any of em could just jump on board and crash the damn thing. And the head of the company, Jacobs? Yeah, I don't think someone as important as him got to where he was by making rash decisions.

"Hey, this drug that I created? Yeah, it doesn't work. We need more testing done."

"Forget you, I'm going on with the project"

Uh uh, I don't believe it, sorry.

Edit: Tom Felton, a.k.a. Draco Malfoy, plays another dick. Typecast much?
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2011-08-06 at 12:37 AM.

Deleted
    the trailers looked so terrible i didnt check it out (not to mention having 'of the' in the title twice just sounds stupid).

just wondered if its worth checking out for anybody over the age of consent? I enjoyed the old movies as a kid but feel this one would probably ruin the memories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lythria31 View Post
    Having seen all of them including the terrible ones I thought the reason they were able to evolve and take over is because we had a nuclear war and I guess the radiation changed them to be more Human like. I just figured that was the case because Heston sees the statue of Liberty at the end and yells "We finally really did it. You maniacs! You blew it up! Damn you. God damn you all to hell! So I assume the movie has to end in a nuclear war since that was the case in the first Planet of the Apes. It explains why there was no Human technology left and just ruins. If it doesnt end in nuclear war then that means there has to be another one coming out. If they dont keep to the story that leads into the original one then it just sucks just like terminator 4 did.
    You'd be surprised at how fast it takes nature to get rid of any sign of civilization when there are no humans left. I don't know how the Statue of Liberty could be destroyed by nature, but the rest is plausible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomasmgp View Post
    But in the first one we are lead to believe that the reason everything was in ruins and hardly any humans were left along with no technology is because we blew up the planet in a nuclear war. Im hoping either this new planet of the apes or at least the next one leads into this. Im just speculating but I would assume the army of primates lead by Caesar gets so out of control we launch nukes to try and get rid of them. Or maybe they figure out how to launch them and the ensuing radioactive fallout kills off most of us and allows them to evolve into the apes we saw in the first 2 movies where they are more human than ape.
    Unless there's a new movie that shows them gaining forces, no. There's only about 100 apes that are smart, and all they wanted was to be freed. They got that. If you watched through the credits, the neighbor (McKay I think), is at an airport waiting to board, and he's got the disease that killed the ape handler. I don't really know anything about the originals, but it sounds like they retconned it all.

Poor McKay has the worst luck.
    I wonder if they will remake PotA now or what.
    Or maybe an After the Planet of the Apes.