Low level pvp - Mage

Hello All,

First of all, I have high level chars of everything but a mage. I have faced many mages in pvp and I know most play frost for all the CC but what I would really like to know is out of the three trees, what is the most fun? I'm currently lvl 16 and frost is ok but I was wondering if any of the other builds are a little more fast paced (imo more fun). I play a feral druid, enhance sham, and DK most of the time so I like the fast paced gameplay and didn't know if there are any mage builds that play a little faster than frost (at least at lower levels).

Just a side note. I'm only really playing this char to play with friends that recently rolled to my server and I want something to play with them as my next lowest char is 75. So this isn't a main by any means... just for fun.

Thanks for any info.

Deleted
    Arcane makes those boom sounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    Fire feels more fast paced imo, as you're free to cast scorch while on the run at higher levels. Frost becomes pretty op once you get Ice Barrier as it basically doubles your health. Arcane can be fun when you're able to free cast b/c you blow people up. I think you'll like fire more, frost undoubtedly pays off the most though.

I'd just try all the specs out, spend a few hours doing bgs as them all and see what you like. The learning curve between each spec isn't too big imo. Also, make sure you use all your cc, too many mages level up without using polymorph.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll try them out tonight.

My mage is currently level 68, I leveled him through basically only pvp (I have master of warsong gulch on him). Frost is the best IMO, you can kill almost anything without them touching you, they're slowed or frozen 100% of the time, especially with your water elemental and his freeze cast. If you have the flag or are running away from enemies, just have your water elemental freeze everyone in place as you run away.

I currently have my Arcane mage at lvl 29, I find it more viable then frost or fire at this lvl tbh. Just use Arcane Barrage, while kiting the melee, and use it everytime it gets off cooldown, Freeze them in place if needed, then use the Arcane Missiles proc, otherwise just use Arcane Barrage and kite him around again.

Also, use Counterspell against casters, talented gives a 4 second silence to the enemy target, and that's great against healers, you usually nuke them down in those 4 seconds.

Deleted
    i just love to pvp as fire, a nice combustion on someone and they are DEAD !

I see Arcane as the best spec until ice lance at level 28, then frost simply dominates all the way to 85 and only getting better.