2t12 for Balance?

So when I saw the post on today's hotfixes and saw the phrase "Burning Treant" I got excited, and then my hopes were dashed. While having them take appropriate pet AoE damage is nice, am I the only one who thinks they need a big buff to be viable as a 2 piece bonus?

Not to QQ (well, maybe just QQ a little ) I'm kinda disappointed by the Treants. They attack whoever they like, which isn’t uncommon for non-Hunter/Lock pets, but when one spawns on H Rhyolith and I see him fireballing the wrong leg, well… BAD TREE! NO BISCUIT! :P The fact that they tend to stand there without casting isn’t terribly impressive either. On a single-target fight like Baleroc when I’d expect maximum uptime, I usually only see them contributing at most 0.7-0.9% of my total damage, though usually around 0. 4%. Is it just me, or is this a little low?

I don’t know a lot about other dps 2 piece bonuses this tier (I know mages and locks get a helper too, but the mages’ one gets lumped in with regular mirror image so it’s hard to tell, and I haven’t seen many logs for locks), but does anyone think maybe this set bonus is due for a little buff?

Or should I just be happy that I get an OMG TREE IS 4 FIER and quit my whining?

Someone did the math and figured if it proc'd around every 45 seconds then it'd be worth the same amount of damage as our treant cooldown if it was used on cooldown.

It's not the greatest, but you get it on your way to the 4PC which is very helpful on fights where you have minimal time to swap between eclipses.

EDIT: If anything it looks like Burning Treants are doing more damage than Fiery Imps in the past few kills where our warlock has had her 2pc.
    Last edited by Clawtrocity; 2011-08-05 at 11:58 PM.

Hmm, how much of a DPS increase is the 4pc? Also.. how much of a DPS increase would it be to reach the 3101 haste point for 14 dot ticks under NG?

3,1k Haste would probably be a DPS loss due to gear availability. Maybe next tier.

4t12 is up to 20% lower eclipse downtime. How much of a damage boost that is depends on your mastery.
    All set bonuses are worth getting though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Hmm, how much of a DPS increase is the 4pc? Also.. how much of a DPS increase would it be to reach the 3101 haste point for 14 dot ticks under NG?
    Surely you're best running for 2639 and giving a blowjob a week for DI? (I've seen quite a significant increase - dots dont fall off lunar > solar)