Thread: Graphics Issue?

Graphics Issue?

So, around the time cata started (maybe a little later) I've been having trouble with my graphics. In certain zones my screen goes completely black, making me unable to do anything/see anything. Whenever it goes black I tab back to my homescreen and it says "Display Driver [I forget the letters] has stopped responding and recovered." Can anyone tell me what I can do to fix this? I don't have the money for a new graphics card and I have no idea whats going on. Please resond? Ty.
    -Shim

Try updating your graphics card drivers.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

hit windows key + r
    type in dxdiag
    hit enter
    click display page
    see what it says your graphics are. be it on board graphics or a video card.
    compare to the list of supported video cards blizz has.
    if yours is on the list update your drivers. if not get a new video card nothing you do will fix it.

Looks like it isn't supported. But I never had this problem throughout WOTLK. Can anyone explain that?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    There was a graphics update when Cataclysm was released. Update your graphics card driver.

a display driver that is fucked does not mean your gfx card is dead, far from it even just update your gfx drivers ( from the intel/nvidia/ATI site) and see if problem persists,
    don't worry mate, it's probably not as bad as you think, just update your drivers, see what it does, and then maybe, just maybe start panicing if its still broken.