Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviltry View Post
    If you want more thrash - Coroner, Intruder, Whiplash, Mekong Delta, Aftermath, Vio-lence. Less mainstream, but every metalhead listened to that when they were 16-18.

Some underground - SSA, Tidal Wave, Arcane.
    Finally some bands I never heard of. I heard of Vio-lence but thats about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    or the mystical third option, which involves handcuffs and lubricant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I seriously think some people picture the higher ups at Blizzard as a group of guys in suits sitting around an office wearing giant hats made out of $100 bills and smoking giant cigars rolled out of $100 bills saying to each other "How can we piss off out players this week? Muhahahahaha!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Havok \m/ these guys are great

10+ Year Old Account
    I love exodus, there wacken set was brutal and they haven't lost there edge

slayer
    vio-lence
    Sacred Reich
    megadeth
    nuclear assault
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Some Legion of the Damned maybe?

Bit more Thrash/Death then thrash but still worth a mention i suppose o.o

Deleted
    Guys i just viewed most of the posts and i think no one has mentioned Annihilator which is the best thrash metal band imo.Testament are also good as well as Sodom .As for a more "underground" band check Artas they are from Austria if not mistaken more of death/thrash but still good.

Quote Originally Posted by -holden caulfield- View Post
    Guys i just viewed most of the posts and i think no one has mentioned Annihilator which is the best thrash metal band imo.Testament are also good as well as Sodom .As for a more "underground" band check Artas they are from Austria if not mistaken more of death/thrash but still good.
    Didn't I mention Annihilator? great band by the way.

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 08:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by abislpknt View Post
    Some Legion of the Damned maybe?

Bit more Thrash/Death then thrash but still worth a mention i suppose o.o
    This is death. Thrash lyrics sound nothing like this.
    I seriously think some people picture the higher ups at Blizzard as a group of guys in suits sitting around an office wearing giant hats made out of $100 bills and smoking giant cigars rolled out of $100 bills saying to each other "How can we piss off out players this week? Muhahahahaha!"

Witchtrap is one of the few bands still keeping the oldschool non mainstream thrash sound alive. Also, LOL to the person who said Otep is black metal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sodom, Municipal Waste, Destruction, Kreator, Exodus, Toxic Holocaust, Coroner even maybe the new Darkthrone is reminiscent of early thrash. I'm a fan of thrash and black metal mostly, keep it old.

Also, Otep is black metal, you need to have a seat.

Thrash is alright, but I'm more into the Prog/Jazz Fusion Death Metal of Atheist and Death and those types of bands lately. If you really like thrash, you should look into a lot more of the hardcore (genre) stylings of thrash. Municipal Waste comes to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evF80GEuVe8

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post

Also, Otep is black metal, you need to have a seat.
    I hate to pull the "I've been listening to black metal for 20 years" card...but I have. Otep is no NO way black metal in any form of the genre. If you think they are, you have been horribly misinformed.
    Listen to some black metal.

Deleted
    Add Tankard to the Thrash list they are awsome!:P

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Great Album

And I wish people would stop bashing Metallica, I actually got to see them 5 times in the 80's, so I'd know how good they are.

Saw them Once In 1983 with Dave, 1985, Day at the Green (will never forget when a car was set on fire and James commented with "Nothing like a bit of senseless destruction!"), 1986 When they were there for Ozzy, yet they stole Ozzies show lol, 1987 Gothenburg, and 1989, the famous Seattle concert.

Metallica are by far my favorite band, Back then, they played so much faster, James' vocals were crazy, Kirk was much much better at Guitar, and Obviously Cliff was alive, but even the 2 gigs without Cliff were more energetic, due to their anger from Cliffs death.
    Last edited by Rend; 2011-08-13 at 12:37 AM.

Deleted
    Some of my favorite trash songs.

Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    Witchtrap is one of the few bands still keeping the oldschool non mainstream thrash sound alive. Also, LOL to the person who said Otep is black metal.
    Listen to them. Its nu-metal influenced by black metal. At least thats whar I think.

Warbringer
    Overkill
    Arthemis (sort mix between thrash and power metal)

Deleted
    Lots of good songs in this thread. Here is one of my favorites:

10+ Year Old Account

[Music] Getting into new thrash metal

Hello fellow Metalheads! Wanted to talk about a growing interest of mine.. Ive recently been listening to my old Testament tracks, and noticed on newer ones, Chuck's screams sound like today's thrash metal singers' screams. Thus, ive checked out alot of newer metal bands with similiar types of singing and have started getting more into the modern Thrash. As I listen, i am realizing that alot of the riffing and break-downs sound very similiar to 80s style thrash. Through controversy, I always see people claiming metal is dead, and forever will be. Well, I for one was agreeing. I thought that 80s thrash was nothing like todays. But i guess alot of the younger metal heads out there who grew up on the old school stuff are bringing the style back. Opinions are very much welcome!!! Thanks. \m/
    Why do we only travel outwards in space? Lets try going up or down.

Bring back Warcraft, for Chen's sake.

Dude, check out Warbringer. Best modern Thrash band IMO
    <-Song starts at 0:32

Personally I enjoy these guys alot more than Testament
    Last edited by WaitingforMoP; 2012-05-03 at 11:13 PM.

Look up Justin Bieber hands down best metal band