Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It's such a shame that you had to go and use dubstep, because I was actually interested in the vent chatter

Your intro is so badass. Congrats on the kill!

Hey just out of curiosity what software do you use to edit and record the video?
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2011-08-07 at 11:35 PM.

Go read the youtube comments, Kina admits they were smoke bombing some of the traps.

Quote Originally Posted by sintaxx View Post
    Go read the youtube comments, Kina admits they were smoke bombing some of the traps.
    What a wonderful way to start your first post on mmo-champ.

You guys should start watching their stream, they're pulling off that smoke bomb joke on everything it's hilarious.

Edit: Oh and if anyone still can't believe it (shame on you really) you missed a full night of attempts last monday which ended with a kill. Strangely, since there's no 15 minutes restriction like youtube, you could clearly see how legit their strat was.

Edit again: Here's a link to their stream recordings http://sv.twitch.tv/learntoraid/b/292147906 kill starts at around 55 minutes in part 2 if you wanna watch the entire fight.
    Light music with entire vent chatter, cool stuff.
    Last edited by Estride; 2011-08-09 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Estride View Post
    What a wonderful way to start your first post on mmo-champ.

You guys should start watching their stream, they're pulling off that smoke bomb joke on everything it's hilarious.
    I have no clue about any of this but I did find it interesting that in the video we can see Killars's Smoke Bomb come off Cooldown around the time of the second seeds in phase 2.

No idea if that's actually an exploit or what, but it's a 3min CD and we can clearly see it coming off CD in phase 2. Meaning it was used in phase 1...

You all realize that a smoke bomb is the very first thing you see in the video right? Doesn't really seem like they're trying to hide it, like the video says they just cut phase 1 short to fit the video into 15 minutes.

People are gonna find every little freaking things to discredit achievements like these.
    It's laughable at best.

Hey, I am happy to shed some light on this. First as has already been stated we did in fact use smoke bomb during p1 on our kill. No we are not trying to hide anything and as people have already stated YouTube has a limitation on length which is the reason for the cut of phase 1.

Now over the course of our ~450 attempts we had not known about this and had practiced and were handling all traps as anyone would expect. Approximately 20-30 attempts before we scored a kill someone discovered the effects of smoke bomb and we started using it. I won't lie, it helps but it is not make or break by any means and has little impact over the course of 15+ min of combat. Anyone who knows anything about the fight knows that the real challenge in the fight lies in meeting the p3 DPS check and executing well in phase 4.

Without a doubt its lame and if you don't already know it has been fixed. Truthfully who are we to know what is intended and not when abilities work on boss encounters. We were also able to repeat our kill after the fix with little issue because we had already practiced dealing with it for over 400 attempts. You’re welcome to watch a recording of this past week’s stream if you need further proof and we encourage you to tune in this week as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysopoeia View Post
    Nice vid. But can never be better than Paragon's
    Not gonna lie, I thought this was 100 times better than Paragon's.