Angry Bethsida threatens mojang with suit over mojang's in development card game "scrolls"

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/05/mi...scrolls-title/
    so, yeah.
    i imagine EA and Activision are sending their greeting cards to the newest member of the "dickhole publishers club".

what do you think about this?
    me, its nothing more then Bethseda strong arming Mojang around and in general being a bully.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a previous thread about this, I'll see if I can find and link it for ya

Notch notes at the top of his piece, "I love Bethesda. I assume this nonsense is partly just their lawyers being lawyers, and a result of trademark law being the way it is."
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Notch notes at the top of his piece, "I love Bethesda. I assume this nonsense is partly just their lawyers being lawyers, and a result of trademark law being the way it is."
    i truely do hope Bethseda calls them off, seeing as they haven't in the pass 6 months after Mojang was first contacted about this...
    Last edited by mordale; 2011-08-06 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    ^ This

If you gonna hate anything about Bethesda hate their lawyers. I honestly doubt that anyone outside their legal department has an issue with this, and I think it'll be ended without any trouble.

Seems like Bethseda are being extremely petty.

oh a little backstory:
    mojang was contacted by Bethseda around 6 months ago about this with basically "change the name or give us money" being the jist of it, Mojang responded with he won't put anything in front of the word scrolls.
    after that there was no word from Bethseda until this.

also can a mod please fix the title, i fucked it up.
    Last edited by mordale; 2011-08-06 at 04:00 AM.

Deleted
    Tbh i think its silly The Elder Scrolls and just Scrolls are realy diffrent i cant see why they have a problem with it no one even uses the term Elder Scrolls games anymore they just say Oblivion and Skyrim or atleast from my personal experience.

Whether or not its infringement really depends entirely on the content. If it turns out ot be an open world fantasy RPG then Bethesda has a case. That's the equivalent of me making a random shitty third person shooter and calling it "Gears." But if the design is substantively different i see no problem. Its just a working title anyways, its not like its set in stone.
    "It is like they have two devs changing shit in some kind of a war. "Fuck mages" "No fuck you!" and every few weeks they get into arguments and secretly change the notes and hope the other guy doesn't notice." ~Strakha

Quote Originally Posted by moocowfrakmilk View Post
    Whether or not its infringement really depends entirely on the content. If it turns out ot be an open world fantasy RPG then Bethesda has a case. That's the equivalent of me making a random shitty third person shooter and calling it "Gears." But if the design is substantively different i see no problem. Its just a working title anyways, its not like its set in stone.
    It basically is.. They have a website for it and everything

---------- Post added 2011-08-06 at 02:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    There was a previous thread about this, I'll see if I can find and link it for ya
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...0#post12581390

Here it is, although the title is misleading

suddenly i will not pay for skyrim.
    and bethesda just became a lowly trash company.
    Azeroth and Kalimdor and Northrend and Outland

INB4 they try to sue Madman entertainment for the Series - Ninja Scroll

Because people for the last 5000 years of Civilisation have always heard the word Scrolls and thought Bethesda.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    Save your breath, the article was dated Aug 5th 2011, it's relevant.

---------- Post added 2011-08-06 at 07:12 AM ----------

While good to learn what's going on within the industry, I have to say the whole lawsuit is umm, silly?

Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    Save your breath, the article was dated Aug 5th 2011, it's relevant.
    There's a thread on this subject already, made 7 hours before this one. OP obviously didn't search

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    There's a thread on this subject already, made 7 hours before this one. OP obviously didn't search
    oops so noted

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...sda-sues-Notch