Flash / Binding heals macro.

Hi there.

I'm leveling a priest and I've just got Binding Heal. I'm trying to set a macro to do the following:

- If I'm targeting a friendly target but not me, cast Binding Heal.
    - Otherwise (targeting myself, targeting a hostile target), cast Flash Heal.
    - No modifiers.

/cast [help] Binding Heal; Flash Heal

this is easy, the problem is when I target myself I get stuck with Binding Heal, which doesn't work unless I target a friendly target. So I don't know how to set a condition so if I target myself then cast Flash Heal.

Any thoughts? Thanks

what if the person you are targeting needs healing but you dont, wouldnt that make this useless? or are you planning on using a seperate keybind for the flash heal?

Edit:
    i guess i'll give my macro experience a shot, for the hell of it. try..

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=yourcharacternamehere] flash heal
    /cast binding heal

I'm terrible with macros, no clue if that'll work/is what you're looking for. i just didnt want to seem completely lame for not replying to the main question.
    Last edited by Nossianiis; 2011-08-06 at 05:08 AM.

Deleted
    Macros cannot decide based on who your target is (e.g. cannot distinguish between you or another friendly unit).

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Macros cannot decide based on who your target is (e.g. cannot distinguish between you or another friendly unit).
    Unless you personally add in someone else, of course.
    Ex:

/cast [target=Treeston] binding heal
    /cast [target=Nossianiis] Flash heal

But if i'm understanding you correctly, what you're looking for is impossible.

Deleted
    That would decide who to target specifically, but would not decide based on who your target is (e.g. if I were not targetting myself, your first line would still cast at myself).

Yeah, i misread the "decide based on who your target is" part. my bad.

About the best I can find to do is
    /cast [@mouseover,help] Flash Heal; [help] Binding Heal; [harm] Flash Heal
    This would let you heal yourself when mousing over your health frame instead of having to target yourself.

As stated above, you cannot set a conditional to differentiate between yourself or your target. The above macro, however, would permit you to do as close to your request as can be attempted. At least, from my own testing and macro knowledge. :P
    Eshraem / Tiraka / Iaqalis / Izare / Sinzhetu / Daezek / Asri / Zelven / Tseta / Kisei / Rheasil

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    But hey, i'll let you spank the monkey whilst imagining rapists being boned by Bubba the anal destroyer - veteran of the poppers conflict.

True that's not a bad idea.. This macro would have a more stable tooltip and function though.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead]Flash Heal;[help]Binding Heal;Flash Heal

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator