Thread: Latency

Latency

Has anyone noticed a higher latency to the WoW servers lately? Usually, I can ping about 30-80ms to my server (US-The Venture Co). Lately, my latency has been a solid 100-250ms out of nowhere and I'm really doubting it's my connection. Speed tests and ping tests elsewhere are fine, but WoW is higher. Any ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    So long as it's not "spiky" it won't cause you any issues until it hits 700+ms.... I used to play on the US servers (from England) and regularly had between 400 and 900ms with no problems at all.

It might just be some re-routing going on within the blizzard network. (Which is why they originally took out the latency bar from the standard UI).

15+ Year Old Account
    Last night during raid, my ping was 91ms to world, 89ms to home. I play from the east coast on Rexxar-US, which is a central timezone server based in the LA data center (Source). So sub-100ms, while raiding, across the country isn't too bad. Meanwhile, it appears you're in the DC area and connecting to a server in the NY data center. Perhaps a localized problem with your ISP is the cause?

NY Data center has been fine for me from the east coast. I swapped servers from west coast to NY and Im running at a steady 42ms during raids. It's unreal.