Thread: Worth it?

Worth it?

So, how well would this computer run WoW and other games like Crysis2 and stuff. <snip>

http://www.gamingpcs.com.au/proddeta...pecialForcesi7

edit: or how about this computer;

https://nirv.com.au/customise.php?basenewid=48

Mod Warning: No forbidden topics.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-08-06 at 01:54 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The build you posted is old tech and low level tech, like a GTS 450 video card vs just about any higher card. GTS more or less designates it is for light gaming, not heavy gaming, especially if you plan to have multiple games running at once.

Do you need an i7 processor? From what you're saying, I don't think so.

Get an i5-2500K, 4x4GB of DDR3 RAM, an NVidia GTX 560 Ti (or higher, or Radeon equivalent), P8P67 Asus motherboard is a good choice, if you want a higher one you could do that.

Tell me your actual budget towards a new computer and I (we the computer forum community who don't care what you're going to do with it) can better help you.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    The build you posted is old tech and low level tech, like a GTS 450 video card vs just about any higher card. GTS more or less designates it is for light gaming, not heavy gaming, especially if you plan to have multiple games running at once.

Do you need an i7 processor? From what you're saying, I don't think so.

Get an i5-2500K, 4x4GB of DDR3 RAM, an NVidia GTX 560 Ti (or higher, or Radeon equivalent), P8P67 Asus motherboard is a good choice, if you want a higher one you could do that.

Tell me your actual budget towards a new computer and I (we the computer forum community who don't care what you're going to do with it) can better help you.
    My budget is about that, of that computer I posted. Around $1500.

Deleted
    Both PCs you linked are terrible value/money.

Check out the "sweet spot" builds in Fuzzykins thread for better and more balanced builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Both PCs you linked are terrible value/money.

Check out the "sweet spot" builds in Fuzzykins thread for better and more balanced builds.

Looks good, but how would I go about actually getting a computer with these parts...? Like do I have to go a local guy and ask him for specific parts etc?

:/

edit: I live in Australia too, forgot to add. Price wouldn't differ if I bought it online but just more shipping ofc. Any sites that would build one with those parts?
    Last edited by Vengenz; 2011-08-06 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vengenz View Post
    Looks good, but how would I go about actually getting a computer with these parts...? Like do I have to go a local guy and ask him for specific parts etc?

:/
    Online retailers are your friend

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot of stores that sell individual parts for either you to put together yourself or having someone assemble for you.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Vengenz View Post
    edit: I live in Australia too, forgot to add. Price wouldn't differ if I bought it online but just more shipping ofc. Any sites that would build one with those parts?
    So would this just be the same? I buy the parts online and get a local person to put it together??

If so, what site?

Visit local computer store and ask if they can build a computer for a price if you bring the parts, or email some webstore that sells those parts and operates in your country and ask if they could assemble it.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgsnstuff View Post
    Visit local computer store and ask if they can build a computer for a price if you bring the parts, or email some webstore that sells those parts and operates in your country and ask if they could assemble it.
    Some stores even build it free if you buy all the parts there from them.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Mod Notice: I've removed some posts. Please refrain from discussing forbidden topics here.

OP i also live in australia and I can suggest a few Australian retailers that will do custom rig builds or allow you to purchase the parts and you can build the rig yourself.
    http://www.glitchtechgaming.com.au/
    w
    ww.umart.com.au
    www.msy.com.au

glitchtech is more pricey but they include free shipping and generally do better custom rigs. but msy and umart are good for parts if you plan to build the rig yourself