Unfortunately the problem is not mine, nor do I have direct access to try and fix this problem, so the information provided will be a little sketchy :P

Ok, so, a woman from work has a problem with her router, it's a talktalk router (no idea model number), and has been working for the last 12 month no problems. They've had their PC wired to it for that time, and it's worked fine. Her son tried connecting his phone, so they had to enable wireless on the router (with a key), now, the wired connection no longer works.

She's a middle aged woman, minimal experience with these kind of problems, and she didn't have time/thought to try various things like disconnecting the wireless etc and testing if the wired connection still didn't work, but she asked me an hour or two ago if i had any idea.

As far as I'm aware they've not installed/got any conflicting hardware/software/virus issues and this happened because of setting up the wireless/connecting the phone, and I can hardly tell her to try running ipconfigs and checking the IPs for the network (I can already imagine the blank expression), so has anyone else had the same/a similar problem and has a quick fix that a complete novice could understand and do?

(she's already reset the router settings, doesn't appear to have done anything, but as i say, i can hardly get her to run various tests and pulling things out etc )