Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Talking DOTA 2 presentation - 10 days and counting!

IMHO there are too many depressing posts in these forums so, with that in mind, I would like to spread a little cheer to those of you who consort with the awesomeness that is DOTA!

Valve have kept everything on the hush hush until a couple weeks back when they officially announced a date for the presentation of DOTA 2 in all it's glory.

http://www.dota-two.com/ keep track here

Anyway, this made my day, and hopefully yours too!

Bring on the ladders, low wait times, player substitutions, coaching et al

dope!!!

hitting up the website now.

my answer to the depressing posts line is, spend a few minutes doing something in the real world to change the cyberworld, because as it sits now they seem pretty interconnected, unfortunately. "you can ignore reality, but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality."

but thank you for the awesomeness of DTOA 2!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrProperSK View Post
    I'm honestly concerned about Dota2. Sure 1.6 million tournament is HUGE, but it makes me question quatlity of Dota2. Announcing this big prize pool 1 or 2 days after Heroes of Newerth goes F2P shows how much they respect and fear HoN. Hyping game like this makes me feel like improvements over HoN are going to be minor.

I wish I'm wrong though. Just give the game decent engine, never turn it F2P and I'm in.
    You mean they don't care about HoN; which went F2P as it was probably the only option for them to stay alive and on track.
    Wouldn't surprise me if HoN community was decimated after Dota2 launch considering that HoN is a complete copy of Dota (and not a good one imo) and now that Valve took it over with such a huge budget...

Troll account with 20 posts

Good marketing strategy imo. Some of my friends who never played dota heard about this and might buy it now...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ament-and-date!

Stop making repeat threads and use the search function.

Is DoTA 2 just a carbon copy of original but better graphics/accessibility,etc? Isn't that basically what HoN did?

DoTA/HoN was incredibly unforgiving to newbies. The denying and losing gold when you die basically meant any death was 3x worse than it is in LoL creating 3x the rage in chat from angry team members. But LoL's micro transactions sucked..

They surely cant expect Dota 2 to be as big as something like SC2 when the mechanics of the game cause excessive rage and shut out half the people who play?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ament-and-date!

Stop making repeat threads and use the search function.
    Quoting your reply to that thread "I wonder when they'll make a game people care about... (Portal 3, HL3)" haha.. no wonder you're unhappy about the repeat post. These forums aren't all about you, and a few people in this thread obviously weren't aware there were 10 days left so just... don't waste your time replying next time?

---------- Post added 2011-08-06 at 10:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post
    Is DoTA 2 just a carbon copy of original but better graphics/accessibility,etc? Isn't that basically what HoN did?

DoTA/HoN was incredibly unforgiving to newbies. The denying and losing gold when you die basically meant any death was 3x worse than it is in LoL creating 3x the rage in chat from angry team members. But LoL's micro transactions sucked..

They surely cant expect Dota 2 to be as big as something like SC2 when the mechanics of the game cause excessive rage and shut out half the people who play?
    DOTA 2 is more or less a carbon copy, but produced with Icefrog behind the reigns. If you read the FAQ at http://blog.dota2.com/ you will see that there are big plans to improve the experience for all players. There's even a coaching system implemented where you gain reputation for helping teach people. The FAQ is worth reading, lost of nice touches being added

Quote Originally Posted by Cuts View Post
    Quoting your reply to that thread "I wonder when they'll make a game people care about... (Portal 3, HL3)" haha.. no wonder you're unhappy about the repeat post. These forums aren't all about you, and a few people in this thread obviously weren't aware there were 10 days left so just... don't waste your time replying next time?

---------- Post added 2011-08-06 at 10:31 PM ----------

DOTA 2 is more or less a carbon copy, but produced with Icefrog behind the reigns. If you read the FAQ at http://blog.dota2.com/ you will see that there are big plans to improve the experience for all players. There's even a coaching system implemented where you gain reputation for helping teach people. The FAQ is worth reading, lost of nice touches being added
    Simple math. Anyone with a brain could have figured out there were 10 days left, the date is in the other thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    Simple math. Anyone with a brain could have figured out there were 10 days left, the date is in the other thread.
    At least one person in this thread didn't know the game existed at all. That being true it was worth posting. The irony is, if you hadn't bothered with your pointless comment this thread would have withered and died already

I don't get what you people find in DoTA it's terrible. Tbh I prefer online random maps in WC3.

Quote Originally Posted by WingsofLiberty View Post
    I don't get what you people find in DoTA it's terrible. Tbh I prefer online random maps in WC3.
    I don't get what you people find in online random maps in WC3 it's terrible. Tbh I prefer Dota or Dota 2.

See how easily people's opinions differ?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WingsofLiberty View Post
    It's old school and I always liked it when I was a kid

Clinkz
    Pudge
    Blood seeker
    Drow
    Axe

I can't wait to re-live it once more

HoN couldn't exactly do it for me despite IT was a carbon copy
    I haven't tried LoL yet

Dota is popular because its very easy and quick to play and u dont have to pay attention to your army like in melee maps

Melee maps require more strategy and thinking and sometimes are more fun if u have interesting opponents (i remember having great fun vs friends and on tournaments)

Also u can easily abuse teamplay in Dota
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

This is going to be so epic, I shall shit myself.

is dota 2 or whatever you call it going to be free to play or something like HoN which is Buy to Play

Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post

For me I think Dota is very casual game. It's very easy to learn and play compare to SC2 or WC3. In Dota you are not very stressed when you are playing unlike when you play SC2 that's why I always play Dota with my friends after I lose a match in SC2 to relax. all my friends said that Dota is more fun than SC2 because it's not too serious but myself I like SC2 more for its compettitive nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    Just the thought off playing Rikimaru again is making me drool