Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

European Battle net invitational

I've been tuning in to the stream of the European BN invitational and was quite excited about some of the games in both SC2 and WoW, only to be driven away by a pathetic polish caster who cant speak understandable english to save his life. Who put this clumsy fool in charge of casting games? The american that's co-casting with him must be so embarrassed to sit next to that clown.

Anyone else seen this and heard this caster? Is it really too much to ask that they have a caster that speaks comprehensible english?

Deleted
    Rotterdam...is dutch.

whatever, he needs to see a speech therapist and take english lessons...maybe social therapist too or gtfo..so disappointing to hear that clownish voice aaaaaaaaaaalll the time

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually find it understandable. Granted, it's a bit hard to understand when he speaks fast, it doesn't put me off watching :P.

Would you prefer they spoke russian :P ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    whatever, he needs to see a speech therapist and take english lessons...maybe social therapist too or gtfo..so disappointing to hear that clownish voice aaaaaaaaaaalll the time
    You're just a tool. It's not his first language, and guess what? It's not just catered to the English audience.

Do some research before blindly spouting off.

It's perfectly understandable

---------- Post added 2011-08-06 at 02:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    If we're talking about English lessons, then I'm sure you'd have to follow him through the door. Such a hypocrite
    Last edited by mmoc9fada5a631; 2011-08-06 at 02:55 PM.

Deleted
    I understand he is dutch, and his English is great but he just talk to much and to fast, just rattling on, the American is calm and clear, cant see why they didn't get TB in

You should know him. He casted IEM and HomeStoryCup in the past.

Deleted
    Because they wanted Rotter...When people host the event themselves, they can get whoever they want to shoutcast.

Really wondering if you're hearing the same stream as me, because it's perfectly understandable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MorTvicR View Post
    I understand he is dutch, and his English is great but he just talk to much and to fast, just rattling on, the American is calm and clear, cant see why they didn't get TB in
    Probably because they didn't want to, and TB is off streaming the Assembly :P.

You've got to be fucking trolling. Rotterdam has casted tonnes of European events. Maybe if you opened your ignorant ears you would be able to understand him. Why is it so shocking that a person casting a European event has a European accent?

Funny, I feel the opposite, Rotterdam is always awesome but MrBitter is always really boring.

yep one of the casters' english was pretty annoying....

Deleted
    I generally don't like to hate too much but this clearly shows how Blizzard doesn't give a fuck about what they are in Europe...

- There are two hosts. One is a disgusting fat f*ck with the most retarded haircut anyone has ever seen, not even mentioning the bald spot on his head (not his fault though, I get that but when you have something like that it sure as hell would be a time to reconsider your haircut).

- The other one looks exactly like one of the guys who were renovating our building last month. I mean no offence but shouldn't hosts have pretty much only one quality and that is looking good enough to be shown on TV (stream, whatever)?

- Those guys who comment on gameplay... Lol... Especially the accent of one of them. Get a guy who can at least speak the damn language.

- They translate every stupid bullshit into Polish even though you can see that 95-100% of the crowd understands english (they laugh at funny stuff when it's said originally).

- With ease they just cut out all WoW games for the day so they can show gazilion SC2 games and then 10min "interesting" interviews about nothing. Probably so you can see those lovely hosts.

- They don't give a shit about streaming. They only have one stream that shows the above, no god damn WoW... And obviously they don't even charge for it because then the joke would really be complete.

I am really pissed off here.

- I was like "YES, finally I get to see a WoW arena tournament during a day and won't have to watch it between like 10pm and 7am"
    - Blizzard: "LOL JK, we don't give a fuck because in this time US can't watch it so here you have this crap..."

Deleted
    Rotterdam's English is fine. The irony of someone from fucking Prague moaning about a strong foreign accent amuses me greatly.

cant see why they didn't get TB in
    They wanted someone who understands SC2, not a bumbling fool who has a stream that people only watch because he's hilariously bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    - There are two hosts. One is a disgusting fat f*ck with the most retarded haircut anyone has ever seen, not even mentioning the bald spot on his head (not his fault though, I get that but when you have something like that it sure as hell would be a time to reconsider your haircut).

- The other one looks exactly like one of the guys who were renovating our building last month. I mean no offence but shouldn't hosts have pretty much only one quality and that is looking good enough to be shown on TV (stream, whatever)?
    I saw this part and did a facepalm, vain much? Also, how does job relates to looks? You don't have to be ugly to renovate buildings right? So why do you need to be fappable-material to be in the public spotlight?

Lets just ignore them, people on TL are already having fun laughing at the people from various WoW forums posting shit about SC2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalizari View Post
    Rotterdam's English is fine. The irony of someone from fucking Prague moaning about a strong foreign accent amuses me greatly.

They wanted someone who understands SC2, not a bumbling fool who has a stream that people only watch because he's hilariously bad.
    Yeah, if they were gonna go with a British caster they'd probably get Apollo anyway

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hyysteria View Post
    Are they even streaming WoW yet?
    Nope, I don't think there's an ETA yet.