Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    I honestly don't think there's a problem with "GMOs" After all, do you have any idea what corn used to look like before the thousand-year-long domestication process? Genetically modified organism sounds scary, but it's really not any different from selective breeding; you know, the thing that made your terrier look different from your great dane. GMOs might also be the solution (along with better ditribution) to world hunger. It allows the produce to grow in an area and flourish where it used to be inhospitable. The corn still needs sunlight and water whether it's organic or genetically altered. You're not feeding one with laser beams instead of a water can.
    A. it is highly irresponsible to release GMO crops without thorough investigation and study, which has not happened to date. monsanto is the sole owner to the intellectual property rights to said GMO seeds. for a nice view on how the financials work behind this check out food inc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEu27wZZtHI

Quote Originally Posted by Tang View Post
    I'm reminded of the scene in "Liar, Liar" where one of Jim Carrey's clients is on the line because he got arrested, and wonders what he should do. Carrey's honest response to the often arrested client? "QUIT BREAKING THE LAW, ASSHOLE!!"

Food safety is a big issue in the world. Every time there's an outbreak of salmonella or e coli, people question why the government didn't do more to detect it or prevent it. Part of prevention is requiring that food producers are open to inspections and follow regulations meant to make food safe to eat. These guys wanted to run an illegal business so they could avoid those regulations, which put their customers and the general public at risk. It's not fair to all of the dairy producers in California who play by the rules that these guys ignored the law for their own profit. Now they'll pay the price, or not, depending on what gets decided at trial.
    Hey Tang,

Its not all as black and white as you think and never forget the "law" is created and amended by those in power.

These days the FDA and your government are more interested in making money than protecting your health. They side with big food corporations and companies like Monsanto to do this, passing bills to allow GM food to be fed to everything that can fetch a dollar. I suggest you watch Food Inc to broaden your horizons somewhat and come out of the dark.

Also check out this site with the relevant source biography:

http://www.realmilk.com/foodborne.html

If this short text incites you to obtain more information this online PDF file is a fantastic read although somewhat long at 55 pages.

http://www.gardenstaterawmilk.org/do...idtbookpdf.pdf

Wake up guys, we are getting screwed left, right and centre by those who claim to look out for our needs. I'm not politically minded but love my food and its getting harder and harder to know what we are putting in our mouths ever day...

Not wanting to sound like an internet nut job, but did you know the US made it illegal for Iraquis to grow any new seed variations in Iraq? Forcing them to buy genetically modified seeds supplied by US corporations like Monsanto and thus enslaving them to buy new seeds every year.

Here is information on this:

http://www.grain.org/article/entries...gainst-farmers

Here is directive 81 as well for you if you can make sense of it

http://www.iraqcoalition.org/regulat...atents_Law.pdf

I suggest anyone who reads this and has the slightest interest in what is happening to food around you to google Monsanto and read what comes up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    Should work using planetary movement, form of radiation, analysis of structure of/elements in the Sun, etc.
    Not really because if you go by OP's logic there could always be a gigantic conspiracy among all scientists to make us believe this. It is possible cause you can't prove it's not true

>.<

On topic: the hell is the point of this topic? you basically said: " hey look people got arrested and that might be an outrage, cause they might be innocent! We might have to get all kinds of upset about this"

Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    Allowing me to freely choose which product I consume is anarchy?
    The problem in this case isn't what you're allowed to BUY, but what you're allowed to SELL without proper permits and safety checks.

You are free to consume whatever you wish. The anarchy comes in if we were to allow all food to become unregulated and sold without permits or safety checks. It doesn't matter if these people were selling perfectly healthy and wonderful food, if they were doing it unlawfully. If those laws were not there, then anybody could sell you food containing anything. It should be obvious what the implications of a lack of regulation could result in.

Before I believe you and that guy with the wooly hat, I'd rather trust the hundreds of scientists who have spent years being educated in their respective fields and then spent even more years analysing all those products you mentioned on their effects on the human body.
    You mean the same scientists that approved asbestos? Or perhaps the ones that created an environment where the norm is a 2 minute drug commercial, with over 50% of it being warnings set to pretty images and music, followed by law offices saying 'if you or a loved one have been injured or killed by <insert drug name here>'?

Proper testing takes far too long, and prolonged exposure is something we are as a society OK with testing on patients. I get it. But man, untested products we put in our food and bodies is mostly gray area at best. We didn't even know if the world would survive one nuclear blast, and we tried it out anyway. Humans are dumb as shit.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zadiell View Post
    its kinda of ironic when you think about it, the more we try to not eat harmful things. we loose a tolerance to it, and become weaker to things, and more reliant on medicine. I think you can eat almost everything raw, except maybe meat, but alot of why meat is bad to me is force feeding them things they don't naturally eat so they grow bigger, like making cows eat corn which they never naturally would of done, and has to change their biology to a degree, and might weaken their tolerance to disease aswell.
    Yes and no. That's the purpose of Vaccines in the case of disease. Ironically enough many of those same "NaturalNews" people are against them, despite the fact that they expose your body to a disease without the inherent risks of- you know- getting sick and dying.

The fact is, is that exposition to strengthen the body IS NOT a strong enough argument to not cook food. And it does not matter how it's grown, not cooking is simply not safe, GMO, AB's or "organic".

Quote Originally Posted by Goosfraba View Post
    You mean the same scientists that approved asbestos? Or perhaps the ones that created an environment where the norm is a 2 minute drug commercial, with over 50% of it being warnings set to pretty images and music, followed by law offices saying 'if you or a loved one have been injured or killed by <insert drug name here>'?

Proper testing takes far too long, and prolonged exposure is something we are as a society OK with testing on patients. I get it. But man, untested products we put in our food and bodies is mostly gray area at best. We didn't even know if the world would survive one nuclear blast, and we tried it out anyway. Humans are dumb as shit.
    Scientists did not approve asbestos. There were no regulations or governing body in place to conduct safety studies on building materials when asbestos began to be used by builders as a cheap material. Scientests also do not create drug commercials. Absurd statements like that are what incense me.

First I would like to say that I think it is kind of silly that this whole thing is about milk. That being said It seems to me these people had been knowingly breaking the law on a large scale for years, they went through great lengths to do what they were doing knowing full well what it entailed. They had to have known they'd get arrested sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Sotos View Post
    Hey Tang,

Its not all as black and white as you think and never forget the "law" is created and amended by those in power.

These days the FDA and your government are more interested in making money than protecting your health. They side with big food corporations and companies like Monsanto to do this, passing bills to allow GM food to be fed to everything that can fetch a dollar. I suggest you watch Food Inc to broaden your horizons somewhat and come out of the dark.

Also check out this site with the relevant source biography:

http://www.realmilk.com/foodborne.html

If this short text incites you to obtain more information this online PDF file is a fantastic read although somewhat long at 55 pages.

http://www.gardenstaterawmilk.org/do...idtbookpdf.pdf

Wake up guys, we are getting screwed left, right and centre by those who claim to look out for our needs. I'm not politically minded but love my food and its getting harder and harder to know what we are putting in our mouths ever day...

Not wanting to sound like an internet nut job, but did you know the US made it illegal for Iraquis to grow any new seed variations in Iraq? Forcing them to buy genetically modified seeds supplied by US corporations like Monsanto and thus enslaving them to buy new seeds every year.

Here is information on this:

http://www.grain.org/article/entries...gainst-farmers

Here is directive 81 as well for you if you can make sense of it

http://www.iraqcoalition.org/regulat...atents_Law.pdf

I suggest anyone who reads this and has the slightest interest in what is happening to food around you to google Monsanto and read what comes up.
    wow a fellow logical thinker, and using actual government documents? and sources to verify claims made? you sir deserve a high five!

Quote Originally Posted by Finn mac cool View Post
    First I would like to say that I think it is kind of silly that this whole thing is about milk. That being said It seems to me these people had been knowingly breaking the law on a large scale for years, they went through great lengths to do what they were doing knowing full well what it entailed. They had to have known they'd get arrested sooner or later.
    What I'm wondering right now, especially since it seems that they had been raided once before, is why they did not just get a permit?

You realize that this isnt about what you can consume (Its legal to comsume unpasturized milk, raw food, etc.) but more so that its illegal to SELL IT (un-licensed that is)

I find it hard to see why people cant distinguish these concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn mac cool View Post
    Milk is actually a fairly dangerous, and semi-unnatural, product. Humans are the only animals that drink it past infancy and there are suggestions that this change happened very, very recently. There's nothing natural about drinking cow/ goat/ horse milk and nothing natural about human milk past childhood (i think i've read some cultures breastfeed until about 8).

That said, cows are pretty gross creatures. There's lots and lots of things they pass on into their milk that's life-threatening to humans.

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    I honestly don't think there's a problem with "GMOs" After all, do you have any idea what corn used to look like before the thousand-year-long domestication process? Genetically modified organism sounds scary, but it's really not any different from selective breeding; you know, the thing that made your terrier look different from your great dane. GMOs might also be the solution (along with better ditribution) to world hunger. It allows the produce to grow in an area and flourish where it used to be inhospitable. The corn still needs sunlight and water whether it's organic or genetically altered. You're not feeding one with laser beams instead of a water can.

Well a plant would reject the splicing of branches if it was too bad. but now with more advanced genetic methods, they put spider dna in goats so they make silk in their milk, and insect DNA in plants, they also have GMO salmon that will grow 2 times larger, the problem with the salmon issue is, they they got loose in the wild, they would cause a lot of problems. I just think humans ethics haven't caught up with their technology advancement, and I simply don't trust corporations, the only people they care about, really, are the stockholders, lead by sociopathic minds.I just simply don't trust corporations to make ethical choices, the scientists arin't at fault, but the final choice to put something on the market isn't the scientists, it's the guy that pays him. Many products have failed testing and are still on the market, Aspartame for one, that's why they have to put "Aspartame" on the front, cause it never went through proper testing, it was pushed through by their business people like Donald Rumsfeld. Aspartame might be linked with diabetes as well, since it tricks the body into thinking it got sugar, when it didn't, it satisfy the craving, and can knock insulin out of balance. Yet it's still in tons of products.
    Last edited by Zadiell; 2011-08-06 at 07:36 PM.

Deleted
    What I'm wondering right now, especially since it seems that they had been raided once before, is why they did not just get a permit?
    That would be giving in to the man bro!

I do wonder about all these people complaining about the government and yet when they have the chance to do *something* - how many is it exactly in the US? - only half of them show up to vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone calm down and watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gty73...feature=relmfu
    Farewell WoW Pandaland
    Intel i5 2.67 OC 3.3ghz | ATI 6950 850mhz OC 920Stable 950 Push 1000Insane

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Milk is actually a fairly dangerous, and semi-unnatural, product. Humans are the only animals that drink it past infancy and there are suggestions that this change happened very, very recently. There's nothing natural about drinking cow/ goat/ horse milk and nothing natural about human milk past childhood (i think i've read some cultures breastfeed until about 8).

That said, cows are pretty gross creatures. There's lots and lots of things they pass on into their milk that's life-threatening to humans.
    Very good point actually, humans have only started consuming dairy products about 10000 years ago and our system is still not adapted to consuming it. the whole notion of someone selling milk claiming to be all natural is kinda funny in that regard.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Scientists did not approve asbestos. There were no regulations or governing body in place to conduct safety studies on building materials when asbestos began to be used by builders as a cheap material. Scientests also do not create drug commercials. Absurd statements like that are what incense me.
    Bingo, bingo and bingo. Goosfraba, you're quite uniformed as to who has approved what, and are arguing from a position of ignorance. Testing is still being done for drugs, and each country often duplicates and triplicates what other countries have done, resulting in HUGE bodies of data. It's not as rammed-through as you make it out to be. To add to that, it still has to go through the process of being prescribed by a doctor who is trained in the area of the disease being combatted, as well as a pharmacist who knows EXACTLY what that drug will do to you biochemically. But no, tinfoil hat-types would rather take the placebos from Homeopathy...

Quote Originally Posted by ThePalidius View Post
    wow a fellow logical thinker, and using actual government documents? and sources to verify claims made? you sir deserve a high five!
    So the only person in this thread to some what share your views is the only logical one? Get off your high horse, half of your "logical arguments" are only logical to YOU. The have been many posts in this thread with similar logic, yet since they dont share your sentiment of the situation, you try to dismiss them by twisting their statements and countering with your own illogical fallacies.

Its funny how far conspiracy theorists and those with close minded views will go to prove that theyre the only ones right in a discussion...