How much hit and expertise ?

How much hit and expertise should i have ? Some say i should get away all hit other says i should get almoast hit/expertise capped. How much do i do i acutally need ? : P

Thanks alot

I suppose you are asking this as a dps. You need 8% hit and 26 expertise. L2read your character tab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    I suppose you are asking this as a dps. You need 8% hit and 26 expertise. L2read your character tab
    It's not quite as simple as that. Cats are different because of the way that we don't need to hit the caps to maintain high dps. I personally have been going with the strategy of reforging the highest stat to haste and then all pieces with haste, reforge the other stat to mastery. This has been giving me the best results through mew, but it all depends on gear and playstyle. Because secondary stats are so close right now for the most part, reforging for hit/exp caps can help, especially if you are new to cat.

10+ Year Old Account
    L2Not reply if you don't know what you're talking about.

That whole condescending tone really falls flat if you then go about misinforming people.

//edit: For the OP, if you're asking this, I would imagine you're fairly new to playing as Feral.
    In your case: it doesn't hurt to be close to hit/exp cap as it makes the DPS cycle easier to sustain. This might even give you better results than reforging to 'better' stats. Additionally, the stats are very close to each other for Druids, with the 'better' one shifting due to set-bonuses rather than anything else pretty much. Mihir's thread does contain info on reforging if you want a more precise answer.
    If you're tanking, Hit and Expertise are threat stats and definitely less desirable than Dodge or Mastery. They can help a fair amount if you're mostly tanking 5mans and the DPS won't even wait to see if your Mangle hits. In a Raid situation, they should be a nice bonus, but nothing to aim for.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2011-08-06 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekk View Post
    It's not quite as simple as that. Cats are different because of the way that we don't need to hit the caps to maintain high dps. I personally have been going with the strategy of reforging the highest stat to haste and then all pieces with haste, reforge the other stat to mastery. This has been giving me the best results through mew, but it all depends on gear and playstyle. Because secondary stats are so close right now for the most part, reforging for hit/exp caps can help, especially if you are new to cat.
    So i should just ignore the hitcap completly ?

I would suggest checking out askmrrobot.com or rawr.

Quote Originally Posted by baller1308 View Post
    I would suggest checking out askmrrobot.com or rawr.
    my hat off to you sir

As far as Hit and Expertise are concerned as a Feral you need neither since we are refunded 80% of the energy cost when our abilities are dodged/missed. Swipe being the exception to this rule. However, all the secondary stats are so close in value now that it really doesn't matter what you reforge for. Hit/Expertise are great if you're having trouble keeping the rotation up to help smooth out your cycles, as well as for AoE fights because we do not get refunded energy for missed/dodged Swipes.

It all really depends on your playstyle and what you're more comfortable with. Some of us prefer to be Mastery or Haste heavy while others prefer to cap Hit/Expertise. Both are valid ways of gearing and have a very minimal impact on our theoretical dps. Play around with Mew and see what it recommends, Yawning/Leaf and all of those guys know what they're doing. Also, wowreforge.com is a fairly simple way to see how you should go about capping Hit and Expertise.

Keep on Shredding fellow Feral.

Two people mentioned Mew; bear in mind that the encounter Mew uses is generally a "behind the boss 100% of the time" type encounter, which isn't particularly common. As such, some values may be skewed in relation to actual encounters; in particular, haste's. Its value is dependent on being on the boss the whole time.

Hit/expertise is advised because it benefits swipe (as was mentioned) and it also prevents rip and/or rake suffering from miss streaks when you're about to spend a chunk of time away from the boss (think of Beth's nuke thing). I recommend to stack enough hit/exp to get your chance to miss below 5%.

It depends on your gear level, set bonuses, etc. I capped hit and expertise (and have been loving it) because:

It provides stronger AOE, and we were progressing on Ragnaros.
    It's far more reliable when quickly refreshing Rake/Rip before switching to an add.
    It is easier to play on a jittery internet connection.
    It lowered my blood pressure by at least 20 points.
    It simmed out to less than 100 dps difference at my gear level.

Please don't bring a condescending tone here, especially since the wording of your post makes it quite clear you don't play Feral.

Choosing your path on which secondary stats you want to cap or stack is something that is (AFAIK) totally unique to the Feral spec.
    Last edited by Stevoman; 2011-08-06 at 08:33 PM.

Expertise cap, for sure. Then get as close to hit cap as you can. If you're .20% under, that's fine. If you can get within .05% of being over 8% that's fine too. But make sure you get 26 expertise.