Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Diablo 3 single player

Hello.
    Why Diablo 3 will require internet connection to play single player? I really don't get it. Single player games were always offline, until some shit didn't made them online because of "pirate versions"...
    Here's the question:
    Why cracked games are better to play than non-cracked? Don't tell me, because I know they are. If I have slow connection it disconnects me = game is exitting. I've paid for a single player game so I want to play it offline, not online. I don't need internet connection to solo play.
    That's why if Diablo 3 will come out, I'll buy it and I crack it if they won't release offline patch. When I'm on a laptop and I'm travelling somewhere/I'm with no internet connection and I want to play Diablo 3, I will play it, because I will PAY for this game. I'll pay, I'll play.

Blizz is forcing players with no internet connection/really slow internet connection to crack this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great idea! Crack it, so that companies will CONTINUE hampering our enjoyment!
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Great idea! Crack it, so that companies will CONTINUE hampering our enjoyment!
    It's already harpened for offliners.

Morons cracking it are the reason they're doing that to begin with. Also , it's not just Blizzard. EVERY steam game requires it, and do a lot of others. The hacking/cracking community ruined it for you, not the companies. Your anger is placed wrong.
    Bleh

Deleted
    Wrong forum and i think theres already a thread about this?!

Quote Originally Posted by Muriko View Post
    Morons cracking it are the reason they're doing that to begin with.
    So they're wrong, since pirates can crack every game. Cracked games (no matter originals or pirates, i'm not downloading illegal games) are just easier to play. No stupid secu-rom thing slowing PC, no passive internet connection.

and afaik steam games dont require internet connection. I was playing Half-Life 1 on steam offline.
    Last edited by Radeghost; 2011-08-06 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    So they're wrong, since pirates can crack every game. Cracked games (no matter originals or pirates, i'm not downloading illegal games) are just easier to play. No stupid secu-rom thing slowing PC, no passive internet connection.
    You do know that playing a cracked game is just as illegal as downloading it right? It's the same damn thing, and I hate every last person who does/supports it. They're the reason we can't have nice things.
    Bleh

Hello.
    Why Diablo 3 will require internet connection to play single player? I really don't get it. Single player games were always offline, until some shit didn't made them online because of "pirate versions"...
    Here's the question:
    Why cracked games are better to play than non-cracked? Don't tell me, because I know they are. If I have slow connection it disconnects me = game is exitting. I've paid for a single player game so I want to play it offline, not online. I don't need internet connection to solo play.
    That's why if Diablo 3 will come out, I'll buy it and I crack it if they won't release offline patch. When I'm on a laptop and I'm travelling somewhere/I'm with no internet connection and I want to play Diablo 3, I will play it, because I will PAY for this game. I'll pay, I'll play.

Blizz is forcing players with no internet connection/really slow internet connection to crack this game.
    Why would D3 be any different than SC 2? SC2 didnt require online access, it had a "guest mode" which allowed offline play. if you were going to play SC2 1-player, then really the only benefit to signing into your battlenet account is it saved your game online, and you could talk with your real-id friends.
    Last edited by Squirreludecker; 2011-08-06 at 06:34 PM. Reason: typos
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

10+ Year Old Account
    I've paid for a single player game so I want to play it offline, not online. I don't need internet connection to solo play.
    Unless it says otherwise on the box or in EULA. If you don't agree - don't buy, this is simple.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Steam has a offline mode feature, allowing you to go singleplayer. So does Starcraft 2. I hope they also implement the same for Diablo 3.

Though there are some benefits to this "online authentication" business, as when some games do it right, they just ask for connection instead of the CD. I know, I'm nitpicky, but I just hate "No disc inserted" error. I'm already paying 60 bucks for a game, and this just kills my momentum when I switch between games.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

You do know that playing a cracked game is just as illegal as downloading it right? It's the same damn thing, and I hate every last person who does/supports it. They're the reason we can't have nice things.
    I'd say yes, but it's inevitable.
    I've never been cracking games, because it's stupid. But when cracked game is better than non-cracked game, that means something.

In my opinion D3 shouldn't be online-only, since it's singleplayer. Activation thing through internet - yes, so I can connect my laptop to internet and activate my game to play offline

Deleted
    It takes 3+ months most of time for an offline crack to be released though.

But I will prob do the same, only I won't buy it. I just wanna check it out, nothing more

Morons cracking it are the reason they're doing that to begin with. Also , it's not just Blizzard. EVERY steam game requires it, and do a lot of others. The hacking/cracking community ruined it for you, not the companies. Your anger is placed wrong.
    Hum no. I do play ME1 and Torchlight (I got them on Steam) without internet just fine. It's just steam cloud which requires internet.

OT: I'll crack it too.

And I hope multiplayer will be free ~~ I mean no paid subscription like wow.

Deleted
    Wrong sub-forum and you won't be able to crack it, because the characters will be saved server side. Unless they change it and make like SC2, there is no way to play D3 offline.

And I hope multiplayer will be free ~~
    ...it is, they've stated that many times.
    Bleh

Im not gonna crack it , Im going to download A crack that some Hacker / cracker Group Release , Give some credit to the Crackers Groups too, after all , thanks to them we can play a game , see if we like it or not , and if we do , buy it . BTW I've never bought any game except for wow .
    I was planing on buying D3 , but after seeing this , i am not going to

...it is, they've stated that many times.
    Full Multiplayer? No "better things" that are bought for real money? No paid features?

All the people posting about downloading games, cracking games, etc. All of you are the reason why companies are doing things like this, why fee's are higher, why games costs more. Then you guys go around parading "I HATE HOW THEY'RE DOING THAT! MONEY GRUBBING ASSHOLES!" Well congratulations. What you guys are doing is the exact reason why they do that.
    Bleh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rakall View Post
    Im not gonna crack it , Im going to download A crack that some Hacker / cracker Group Release , Give some credit to the Crackers Groups too, after all , thanks to them we can play a game , see if we like it or not , and if we do , buy it . BTW I've never bought any game except for wow .
    I was planing on buying D3 , but after seeing this , i am not going to
    Except they won't be able to crack it. Again, the characters will be saved server side. There is no way to crack that.