Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by allakaboom View Post
    The answer to your problems BTW;

ummmm using a AM3 CPU on a AM2 slot lol. You will need to get new mobo and ram if you wanna keep that proc. And i fully suggest replacing mobo and ram because they are terrible. But yeah cant run a AM3 on a Am2 slot
    hmm this is strange, i bought the mobo and cpu as a bundle, seems very strange they wouldnt work together oO. I havent looked into this at all I just assumed that a bundle by nvidia would know what they are doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    running an AM3 cpu in an AM2+ socket wont hurt your performance, or change your graphics, nor is it bad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    looks fine, is your graphics API set to direct x 11?
    no idea :/ I set it to that when I installed DDO. how can I check? sorry dont even know what API means :P im not much of a computer person.

Are you sure it's not just time of day differences.

There is also an option that used to be called "Full screen glow". Turn on/off that option (if it still exists) and report with experiences

-edit- Nvidia bundle? It's an AMD processor with an AMD videocard.
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2011-08-07 at 12:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    running an AM3 cpu in an AM2+ socket wont hurt your performance, or change your graphics, nor is it bad
    I figured it was a cheap mobo, as the bundle was very cheap. (bought about a year ago)

---------- Post added 2011-08-07 at 01:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Are you sure it's not just time of day differences.

There is also an option that used to be called "Full screen glow". Turn on/off that option (if it still exists) and report with experiences
    ah I will look for that, maybe it is the reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's in the options tab under advanced, the 6000 series of ati cards are dx11 capable, so you should run it, it may even give you better framerate, but the biggest change is you have new rendering hardware, so your screen will look different, but your ss matches most of my dx11 machines, your old one looks like wow on my computer with a firepro 4000, so there is nothing wrong with your computer, or wow's graphics

Deleted
    just saw graphics API as option in wow - yes it is set to 11

---------- Post added 2011-08-07 at 01:45 AM ----------

cant find this full screen glow option anywhere :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Um stuff cant go back in time, its called a Am3 socket for a reason. Am2 CPUs can fit in a AM3 slot but not vice versa. Its kinda like how you play PS2 games in a PS3 but you cant put PS3 games in a PS2. But you do have to update bios. Not all Mobos have the update
    Last edited by allakaboom; 2011-08-07 at 12:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    Myself, yes, I have always wanted to be a mod
    Probably not, the job sucks.

Deleted
    Are you using DVI or HDMI? I had problems with HDMI being really bad compared to my DVI. Worse than one would think.

Deleted
    Um stuff cant go back in time, its called a Am3 socket for a reason. Am2 CPUs can fit in a AM3 slot but not vice versa. Its kinda like how you play PS2 games in a PS3 but you cant put PS3 games in a PS2.
    Im sorry but if this was true the OP would not even be able to turn on his pc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Booteh View Post
    Are you using DVI or HDMI? I had problems with HDMI being really bad compared to my DVI. Worse than one would think.
    dvi

10chars...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Im sorry but if this was true the OP would not even be able to turn on his pc.
    woops forgot to say the last bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    Myself, yes, I have always wanted to be a mod
    Probably not, the job sucks.

Deleted
    Um stuff cant go back in time, its called a Am3 socket for a reason. Am2 CPUs can fit in a AM3 slot but not vice versa. Its kinda like how you play PS2 games in a PS3 but you cant put PS3 games in a PS2. But you do have to update bios. Not all Mobos have the update
    well this seems strange, since it was a bundle, and it works fine. I did expect a bit more performance generally, but I put that down to my ram being on 65% when idling, thought 8gig ram upgrade would fix it.

10+ Year Old Account
    AM2+ sockets are pretty much combination AM2/AM3 sockets. AM3 chips feature both DDR2 and DDR3 memory controllers, allowing them to be used on both boards.

Also, not sure if it's just me or what, but I think your new CPU screenie looks significantly better than the old one. Guess I'm not seeing the "plasticy" finish.
    Last edited by Arisfarreach; 2011-08-07 at 12:57 AM.

Deleted
    woops forgot to say the last bit.
    No just no. Taken from wiki:
    As AM3 processors also support DDR2, they are backwards-compatible with Socket AM2/AM2+, contingent upon a BIOS update for the motherboard. Manufacturers including Asus,[5] Gigabyte,[6] and others have labeled existing AM2/AM2+ boards as being "AM3 Ready" or similar, indicating that BIOS support is provided for the specified boards. This allows existing AM2/AM2+ systems to upgrade the CPU without having to upgrade any other components.

If i run game as "full screem", it looks completely shit. But when i turn "full screen - windowed" on its crystal clear and perfect again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Here is how to turn on/off the glow effect.
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2151590926
    ah thanks this seems to improve it a bit. still looks strange, i assume my old screen was more 'blurry' which kind of softened the graphics a bit.

Um stuff cant go back in time, its called a Am3 socket for a reason. Am2 CPUs can fit in a AM3 slot but not vice versa.

Except, you know, they can.

As AM3 processors also support DDR2, they are backwards-compatible with Socket AM2/AM2+, contingent upon a BIOS update for the motherboard. Manufacturers including Asus,[5] Gigabyte,[6] and others have labeled existing AM2/AM2+ boards as being "AM3 Ready" or similar, indicating that BIOS support is provided for the specified boards. This allows existing AM2/AM2+ systems to upgrade the CPU without having to upgrade any other components.

Deleted
    well the sun has just come out ingame, and it looks alot better, i think it was the full screen glow.

side note checked my ram and its on 100% ouch really need that upgrade :P