Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Trying to understand this girl :/

I have this wierd problem, or not so weird, not sure how common it is.

Anyway to introduce myself, I'm a 17, just short of 18 years old and will be graduating in high school next year.
    She on the other hand is one year older then me, same age as my sister, and two of them are like really good friends.
    One more note about her, quite important one. She's REALLY hot, like half of my friends are envy of me even knowing her.
    I'm not a throwaway I guess, but that kinda girls usually date much older guys, and not someone who's even younger then they are.

Well, here's my problem. She's been coming over to my house (to my sister ofc) alot this summer and we talked alot while she was over, and even gotten drunk two times while we played this board-game in which main goal is to, you guessed it, get as drunk as you possibly can. After one of these games we played spin-the-bottle and I even got to kiss her (I probably put too much meaning into it, but just thought I'd throw it out there).

Anyway, ever since I've been often getting messages from her over facebook, for example tonight she asked me will I be going out and where, and just 30 min ago when I came home she was also on facebook, asked me how it was etc. And sometimes she askes me something then after 1-2 replies she doesn't say anything, and when she does say something, it's usually a one-liner so it's hard to pick up conversation with her. Oh yeah and one last thing, probably unimportant, but doesn't matter I just wrote all this text so might aswell write this too. Her last facebook youtube-link song is called 'Just because I don't beg for it, doesn't mean I don't love' xd

Now, irrational side of me wants to believe that she likes me and that I have a shot at her, but half of time my rational side kicks in and I'm like, she'd never date someone like me, knowing that her last boyfriend was 2-3 years older then her, and also how hot she is, she could find just about anyone.

So, any of you have some advice on how I could find out if I have a chance with her at all? :P

Trying to understand girls completely will never work, and should not be attempted; it would be best for you to just act casual with her, not get drunk and just ask her if she wants to hang out with you alone sometime, like at a movie. (And the same applies for men; trust me if someone could understand me completely there head might explode!)

Oh...and it seems odd that you guys are getting drunk at that age, the legal age must be a bit different there? or maybe I am just a nerd that never under-age drank <.< And I have not heard of anyone playing spin the buttle past the age of like 14, so that seems a bit odd to! But I guess these things happen :P

Deleted
    You know, if she's as hot as you say she is, you should try going for it. She can pick and choose any guy she wants but I guess there's never been someone who tried picking her. (One that wasn't a total egocentric douchebag of course)

Alternately, you can flat out ask her if she's got any feelings for you or if you're just going to be friends. Solutions, solutions..

Us girls work in weird ways. Just ask. We're just as scared if not even more, to ask a guy out. It's not going to hurt anything, I mean. I highly doubt she'll stop hanging out with your sister.
    "Come...the task should not be that difficult; I need only direct my blades towards the smell of shit."

"It is a curse.. being blessed with so much to offer."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post

Oh...and it seems odd that you guys are getting drunk at that age, the legal age must be a bit different there? or maybe I am just a nerd that never under-age drank <.< And I have not heard of anyone playing spin the buttle past the age of like 14, so that seems a bit odd to! But I guess these things happen :P
    About age, in my country there are laws, but very few people enforce them so it's very easy and common to get drunk.
    Secondly, playing spin-the-bottle while everyone is extremely drunk is fun at any age, trust me. We do some scary shit playing it.

As for asking her, I'm afraid of how stupid I might look if she was only playing with me, or only trying to be a friend with me. :/

Deleted
    Whats the worst that could happen? You ask her out, shes says no and you dont talk again. End of story, theres plenty of women out there, dont get worked up over what one of them thinks of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    About age, in my country there are laws, but very few people enforce them so it's very easy and common to get drunk.
    Secondly, playing spin-the-bottle while everyone is extremely drunk is fun at any age, trust me. We do some scary shit playing it.

As for asking her, I'm afraid of how stupid I might look if she was only playing with me, or only trying to be a friend with me. :/
    there is really nothing to fear about asking her, if she says no...most girls would get over any awkwardness about it pretty fast, and probably even joke about it with you later on! And please, do not tell me what scary shit you do while playing spin the bottle! My innocent ears! D:

OP, here's my true advice: ask her, and tell us how it went. Please!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthmatto View Post
    Whats the worst that could happen? You ask her out, shes says no and you dont talk again. End of story, theres plenty of women out there, dont get worked up over what one of them thinks of you.
    Trust me, this is a keeper. You definetly don't meet girls like this every day.
    So, I want to take it slowly, so if I have any chance what so ever I want to use it.

IF you're too scared to talk to her then stop fantasising and get castrated.

It's normal to be scared or apprehensive, especially if you've not really chatted up a girl before, or one as hot as she is, or been rejected or whatever. Don't think about it. You hesitate, you lose your chance. You look like a meek little shy kitten, she probably won't be interested. Just tell her (even if you have to wait til you're bot ha bit drunk first :P ) that you like her, or make jokes about how she obviously likes you instead, that one is normally easy to work

Next time she comes over stay in your room. If she comes or asks about you then i would go for it.

("Jersey shore" answer; do not attempt) Yo what you gotta do it just get her a drink, and slap her ass, and tell her you are into her. Just gotta be alpha about it, no room for being scared, if she says no, she probably just wasnt good enough for you, and was intimidated by your alpha male status. Leave the room and go pump some iron.

Deleted
    Trust me, this is a keeper. You definetly don't meet girls like this every day.
    So, I want to take it slowly, so if I have any chance what so ever I want to use it.
    Slowly is cool. Just not too slow, you don't wanna get "friend-zoned"

Deleted
    Worst thing you can do is not ask.

Just tell her you like her and ask her if she likes you. Worst case, she says no and you just carry on being friends, best case, say says yes and something happens.

It's scary to do but if you can get the courage to do it, it'd be worth it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just out of curiosity, she might be good looking but what's her personality like?

Deleted
    The whole situation because I've known her from before is kinda awkward, but I'll definetly try harder to come close to her in the next days. I'll definetly know by the end of summer the answer to my question.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    ("Jersey shore" answer; do not attempt) Yo what you gotta do it just get her a drink, and slap her ass, and tell her you are into her. Just gotta be alpha about it, no room for being scared, if she says no, she probably just wasnt good enough for you, and was intimidated by your alpha male status. Leave the room and go pump some iron.
    LOL

"Trying to understand this girl"

Bolded parts are the problem. What I've noticed with a lot of people is that short, quick replies are often not a good sign. I'm not sure I'd just straight up ask how she feels, because it can be awkward if you did read too much into it. Unless you're incredibly smooth it may not work. Keep talking to her, arrange to hang out and do something, it may turn into something else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthmatto View Post
    Slowly is cool. Just not too slow, you don't wanna get "friend-zoned"
    Yeah, that's my worst fear trust me, that I'm getting 'friend-zoned' :/

10+ Year Old Account
    girls
    you cannot understand them