Deleted

Budget Build Help?

Heya guys, wondered if you could aid me in building a new computer. I'm a student living in the UK and income is at a relative low, but I dont want to buy a complete budget computer as I spend most of my time on the computer price->performance pieces I can find to built a relatively decent system. I'm not overly worried about maxing out graphics settings in every game (although it would be a bonus) but playable and stable frame-rates on "newer" games would be relatively nice.

The computer I'm using right now has been hitting a lot of hitches such as ram issues, overheating, and a few others. Instead of replacing single parts of this system that is already incredibly outdated, I've been thinking about just rebuilding a new "decent" comp spec. Here is a screenshot of the specs of the computer I have right now:

The pieces ive been thinking about grabbing for the new rig are as follows:
    My knowledge of hardware is mediocre at best but I am by no means a computer noob. I've been quarreling about what to upgrade to for a while now, and trying to decide which parts are cost effective isn't particularly easy for those not in the know already..

Don't be afraid to just smack me upside the head if i've made any stupid mistakes in my choices, I'd appreciate the feedback, and dispense lots an' lots o' cookies if you could help, particularly in directing me into any wrong choices or just general bad build ideas. The feedback im looking for mostly is the Motherboard, as well as PSU, and choices of my CPU and GPU (not much ^^)
    Last edited by mmoc0ae8ef4977; 2011-08-07 at 06:16 PM.

As for the Ram, check this out.

4G of 1600mhz Gskill.

F
    or the PSU you should either get 550W for not upgrading, for 650-700W for upgrade-ability.

Both are 80+ and will work well.

As for cases...

I like the CoolerMaster look in general. So check out the 912. (I'm pretty sure everything will fit.) Also, there is the Antec 300.

Last edited by Arslay; 2011-08-07 at 02:19 AM.

GTX 560 TI stable at 1GhZ
    PCPartPicker Love it.