Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I've seen topics like this before, and my response normally is that if you love a certain play style, keep at it. If you really enjoy something you'll do it much better then if you hate it.

That said, in the same vein don't hold back your guild for your own personal play style. It is a team effort, and sometimes you gotta take it on the chin, for the whole team.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Well not to be a whatever, but Demo is about 7% ahead of Destro.
    Just so you know Demo is ahead because of the a bug which will eventually get fixed soon they find how to fix it and demo will be back at the bottom again

They totally messed up warlocks because they were busy desiging the biggest fail of a mechcanic that is soulshard system
    Last edited by Prossy; 2011-08-09 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plinius View Post
    Thanks for the input guys, some helpful, some sympathetic (prob all I was looking for tbh) and some usual troll retardedness.

I am actually one of the Raid Leaders and a Guild Assistant and I am sure if I stubbornly decided not to change spec I could get away with it, but while trying to progress, I need to be doing as much as I can (in particular in fights where we are hitting enrage or very close to).

I have been running as Demo and getting pretty good numbers doing it. I will continue to do so, except for the odd occasion (normal modes, farm content etc.) where I don’t need to max out my dps and revert back to Destro to make myself feel better J or at least a little nostalgic. lol

I am only a 3-5weeks off Dragonwrath and I’m way to loyal to the group of friends and guildmates to consider changing guilds for such selfish reasons anyway.

My question still stands if anyone could help with the maths.

4. Will next tier, if we make the 50% haste cap, mean we will be GCD capped for Immolate, Incinerate (with backdraft) and Chaos bolts, which in turn will make improvements to our dps even more difficult? Or is there some hope that Destruction will become viable again?

And from a later post, just another whiny qq type question:

Destro is low dps (PvE) hopeless in PvP….is there any spec of any class that has that much misfortue at the moment? Therefore is there any point to it, until they buff it/fix it??
    Frost mages and Sublety rogues might be low on the PvE charts but at least they have a place in PvP, Holy Priests struggle in PvP environments but can really shine in PvE etc.??
    Be very glad you can at least change your spec to be competitive, while you may like destro you do have the option to change and still dps. Paladins are the worst atm, our only dps spec depends on RNG to hit acceptable numbers and even then is way below par. Yes, there are certain specs behind ret pally in terms of dps, but there isn't a single class worse off for dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, after playing destro yesterday on Ragnaros just for the extra stun I just feel gutted. Destro is the spec I love to play the most but tbh it's utter piss compared to other specs. popping up 5th on meters while being used to being top 2 pre 4.2 while not fucking up rotation ( believe me i know how to maximize Destro dps) is just sad.
    Guess it's time to start playing affli, the spec I like the least to play (snoozefest compared to destro imo).

That combined with clumsy hardcasting soulfire and eating a flame incoming cus u think u can make it makes me a sad puppy.

U can say l2play ur spec but all shows destro dipping behind major.
    Fuckup by blizz and no sights of improvements soon cus its been ages since warlocks were improved in a good way.

Rant over back to work

Quote Originally Posted by Prossy View Post
    Just so you know Demo is ahead because of the a bug which will eventually get fixed soon they find how to fix it and demo will be back at the bottom again

They totally messed up warlocks because they were busy desiging the biggest fail of a mechcanic that is soulshard system
    It took them until 4.2 to fix the imp extra dipping ... I don't expect demo doomguard extra dipping to be fixed until 4.3 at the very earliest. Possibly 4.4.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I understand how you feel. I raided with destro since the beginning of wrath all the way through 4.1. In 4.1 I started having to play demo a on a few fights for the AoE at frist and then was able to switch back to destro once we got it out of the way. Destro was my favorite spec as well and I HATED affliction and demo. I still hate demo and.. I will never play it as my main spec. By the end of 4.1 I had been messing around with affliction but still had not mastered it.. I really wanted a fresh start with the spec in firelands but I ened up playing destro for utility instead. Now that we are pretty far in to firelands I play affliction on every boss... sometimes I will play destro for baleroc but... my dps is still very competitive. I also (at first) played destro on Shannox and my dps on him as affliction is about 3k more.. but.. still as destro I was competitive.. I will say however I was playing destro for rag for the stun and I was usually last or next to last on the dps charts in 10 man.. However... even though i was last i was like.. 3k behind everyone else I was still w/in 200dps or so.

I would LOVE to see destro buffed... but now I am playing affliction as my main spec and I love it! usually w/in the top 3 on every fight and having no issues with lack of utility from destro. Maybe you should just let go of destro for a while and try out affliction you might like it! Just keep destro and an OS and use it on fights like shannox where it can shine!