Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Last 3 weeks I've cut 12 lbs using the following, another 10-15 and I'll be stoked. Here's the plan I'm following:

    Breakfast: 1 small entree, 1 fruit, 1 whole wheat/grain carb, 1 protein OR dairy.
    Morning snack: 1 fruit, 1 protein OR dairy
    Lunch: 1 small entree, 2 vegetables
    Afternoon snack: Semi-healthy snack aka low fat pretzels, fiber bar, etc
    Dinner: 1 small entree, 2 vegetables, 1 fruit, 1 carb, 1 small fat
    Dessert: same as afternoon snack.

    The keys to this one are LOTS of small, healthy portions all day to keep the metabolism up, and low calorie intake. I'm averaging 1400-1500 a day.

    Oh yeah, exercise too. Personally I go to the gym a couple days a week and golf a couple times a week. Mostly it's just being active in any way.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus82 View Post
    Try to switch to raw food diet with green smoothiess and nuts. Not only you will loose weight, you'll feel like reborn person. Mentaly strong, energetic & full of bliss. Try it for a week. Powerfull stuff!
    Please don't do any crazy diets OP.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKKvm...layer_embedded

    Healthy balanced diet and exercise.
    It's all you need.

  3. #23
    The Patient Glol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    240
    I would love to help you if you still feel like you need it aside from what people have already said. I have a lot of experience with exercise and weight manipulation as I am a college athlete that participates in a spot that has a weight limit. I am all for people getting fit, it will honestly change your life!

    Edit: I meant to say PM me and I will do anything I can to help you out. Cheers!

  4. #24
    Warchief Clevername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    behind cover
    Posts
    2,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    Eat what you want, focus on the bike.

    Activity > diet FTW.
    At his age yes, get to 30 years old see if you still feel the same way.

  5. #25
    Step #1, visit the doctor and ask what foods are better for you. The right food for your body is different from person to person
    I am Dave ! Yognaught, and I have the balls!

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by DiceDice View Post
    Please don't do any crazy diets OP.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKKvm...layer_embedded

    Healthy balanced diet and exercise.
    It's all you need.
    Crazy diet? Have you actually tried it or you just blindly follow videos like this? I don't claim it's for everyone, so I said to OP that try it for himself. From my personal expiriance I can tell that theres probably no drug that will make you feel like eating high raw diet. Mentaly, spiritually & physicaly you are a differrent person, in every positive way. And I also know few people that cured many desieses and dislikes that were labeled "incurable" by eating high raw. So..no, it's not a BS and please stop saying it is, and try it for yourself.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus82 View Post
    Crazy diet? Have you actually tried it or you just blindly follow videos like this?
    You don't have to try something to know that it is pointless.
    Also the video cited studies and sources.
    I trust those.

    I would reccomend watching it, even though I know you won't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Primus82
    From my personal expiriance I can tell that theres probably no drug that will make you feel like eating high raw diet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus82
    And I also know few people that cured many desieses and dislikes that were labeled "incurable" by eating high raw.
    Personal anecdotes don't count as evidence, sorry.
    Furthermore if we knew eating raw food cured uncurable diseases, then we'd be eating raw food to cure those diseases wouldn't we?
    Logic please.

    Quote Originally Posted by Primus82
    Mentaly, spiritually & physicaly you are a differrent person, in every positive way.
    This is hyping it up a bit too much to be honest. Eating raw food instead of cooked makes you more spiritual? What?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alistairr
    Could you two stop bickering at each other?
    Discussion on a forum?
    Oh gosh no.
    Last edited by DiceDice; 2011-08-08 at 08:46 PM.

  8. #28
    Could you two stop bickering at each other?

    Anyway, thank-you everyone for the advice so far.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by DiceDice View Post
    You don't have to try something to know that it is pointless.
    Also the video cited studies and sources.
    I trust those.

    I would reccomend watching it, even though I know you won't.




    Personal anecdotes don't count as evidence, sorry.
    Furthermore if we knew eating raw food cured uncurable diseases, then we'd be eating raw food to cure those diseases wouldn't we?
    Logic please.



    This is hyping it up a bit too much to be honest. Eating raw food instead of cooked makes you more spiritual? What?



    Discussion on a forum?
    Oh gosh no.
    Hyped? Well, obviuselly i can't convince you otherwise, so you rather stick to online videos rather than from personal expiriance. I know the truth cos i've expirianced it, you got your "truth" cos someone else told you. Im not going to argue with you anymore, if you don't like it, fine, but it's your loss.

  10. #30
    Cookie Monster Radux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    12,911
    The problem with 'personal experience' is that not everyone reads into the science. I could have a 'nothing but meat diet' because it makes me feel great and then market it for millions, regardless of the potential health gains or detrimental health problems that could arise.

    If you watched the video DiceDice linked, the guy never said that fruits and vegetables are bad, or that we have to cook them/eat them raw. Rather he was pointing out the blatant flaws in their 'science' to explain why raw food is better than anything else.

    The one thing that popped out to me as a little fuzzy was quoting Paleo as eating raw meats -- I eat Paleo and I'll tell you that I definitely cook everything (meat wise) I buy. You seriously think I'm daft enough to eat raw pork? I'm young! I wanna stay healthy and not sick. Never have I found any research in Paleo eating that requires me to eat my meat raw. But that's just me.

    I appreciate the sources the guy quoted, most of all. The more science and study backed papers included, the less bias and variance you get in the results.

    The basic point I'm getting at is that you have to research and understand why you're doing something. People follow the South Beach diet or whatever the new Fad Diet is because it's the new thing or it will promise them the body of their lives, etc. It may or may not work. The thing that's worked for years upon years upon years is a balanced diet -- you never see flashy commercials for it because it's a tapped market. People know it already works.
    Last edited by Radux; 2011-08-08 at 10:38 PM.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    The one thing that popped out to me as a little fuzzy was quoting Paleo as eating raw meats.
    I noticed that too.
    That's the first time I've heard someone say Paleo involved the consumption of raw meat.
    However the rest of the video was pretty solid so I let it slide.

  12. #32
    Cookie Monster Radux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    12,911
    Yeah, I went ahead and watched the 2nd video and that is the one people should really watch. It gives the pro's and con's for the raw foods diet. After that one, people should watch the 1st one. Seems odd, but I feel that would give all the proper information in the correct order with enough sources to let people decide for themselves. I haven't looked at anything else the guy produced, but if he could then wrap it up with something like a "Pro's & Con's of a well balanced diet (he may have done this -- like I said didn't look)", then that's wonderful.

    Again, big fan of finding people who heavily source their material (thus the reason I always mention Mark Sission in most nutrition discussions).

  13. #33
    Get a solid breakfast with whole eggs and rye toast, this will reduce your appetite for the rest of the day.

    Join a gym and doing the following workout plan.

    http://www.projectswole.com/weight-t...ngth-training/

    On off days I ride my bike for 45min around the neighborhood.

    I've lost 30lbs and have a muscular physique after doing this for a year, and I had a hell of a gut.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus82 View Post
    Hyped? Well, obviuselly i can't convince you otherwise, so you rather stick to online videos rather than from personal expiriance. I know the truth cos i've expirianced it, you got your "truth" cos someone else told you. Im not going to argue with you anymore, if you don't like it, fine, but it's your loss.
    Burden of proof falls on the person making the claim. You've provided no scientific evidence for your raw food diet, therefore you have no "truth." You can't get mad at people for being skeptical of your claim based on nothing but anecdotes, it's illogical.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post
    Burden of proof falls on the person making the claim. You've provided no scientific evidence for your raw food diet, therefore you have no "truth." You can't get mad at people for being skeptical of your claim based on nothing but anecdotes, it's illogical.
    You wan't science proof everywhere don't ya?
    Well, can science measure how great I feel being while on this diet?
    Can science measure my confidence boost?
    Can science measure mental peacefullness?
    From my personal expiriance I can tell you I had heavy migreanes headaches & acid reflux all my life and I didn't eat junk foods and i'm quiet a sportsman..what does science do? There's no "cure" only painkilles, so scientific way was to just take pills all your life and except you enjoy eating pills for breakfast (which some have preety serious sideeffects), you sould do something about it. Well, my personal expiriance is that those things went away when I started raw food diet last summer. And not just away, they were GONE. Not a signle migrene or acid reflux while on it. To add to that, my warts on my right palm dissapeared after having them there 5 or 6 years. Skin cleared, eyes look more healty, sinus system cleared up that i could actually breathe fully through my nose and a lot more of body improvements that I noticed along the way. That's just body, also mentaly i felt calmer, sharper & happier on my own. I makes really noticable difference.
    So..was that coincidence? Maybe. But when I started to eat cooked food again (not junk, just ordinary cooked) all those benefits went downstairs. There must be another coincidence, right? Reflux & migrenes are back, I don't sleep as good.I must mention, than on high raw food I couldn't sleep more than 6 hours/night becouse i had so much energy and i woke up fresh and energetic and continued to feel like that through the day. Also when i stopped raw I'm not nearly as great on spiritual/mental level as before. Im not saying I'm depressed or something, i get along preety well, but that magical feeling is gone.
    Why did i stop? Cos I moved to another place and god sucked in modern life/job working hours, so didn't really have a chance to prepare properly to eat high raw diet.
    I have restarted recently, by add more and more raw to my diet, until I reach like 90% of it.
    The only "bad" thing is that, you must mentally prepare to it & have some social restrictions not be able to hang out for a pizza or someting with your buddies. It won't taste that good at first, and you'll probably be hungry all the time first week or two. Also you might a get little detoxication state, when you'll feel a bit worse than before. That doesn't take long, probably few days or a week tops (not everyone gets through that I believe). Then all the beneficial stuff kicks in. And believe or not you will drop weight till you reach your normal weight. Then you'll maintain what you have.
    I'm writing this in order to maybe inspire someone to try it, if you don't like it, just switch back on regular diet. What do you have to loose?
    So, yeah this thing works and no science can't proove my experiance otherwise. You are judging from one semi scientific utube clip. Google "raw food expiriances or raw food benefits" and search some forums and you'll get information from the first hand. Search how raw foods look compared to cooked ones with kirlian camera. I could just go on and on...but I believe i put enogh effort on this. Haters gonna hate, but if I inspired just a few to give it a month of a trial, I've done my work
    Best of luck!

  16. #36
    "This diet works and is solely responsible for the way I feel, and no science can disprove what I feel!"

    "This religion is the one true religion, and no science can disprove the connection I feel with God!"

    "This cult is the one true path, and no science can disprove what I've learned here!"

    "This time my plan will work, no matter what anyone might think!"

    "I know that what I do/believe/plan is the best, regardless of what anyone else says or what research might show!"



    I'm glad you had good experiences with your diet, Primus, but please don't expect me to believe that your diet is responsible for everything else simply because you say it is.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus82 View Post
    What do you have to loose?
    So, yeah this thing works and no science can't proove my experiance otherwise. You are judging from one semi scientific utube clip. Google "raw food expiriances or raw food benefits" and search some forums and you'll get information from the first hand. Search how raw foods look compared to cooked ones with kirlian camera. I could just go on and on...but I believe i put enogh effort on this. Haters gonna hate, but if I inspired just a few to give it a month of a trial, I've done my work
    Best of luck!
    I'm not judging raw foods based on a youtube clip. I'm judging raw foods by the humongous lack of statistics and cohort studies conducted to see any real benefit.

    A Kirlian camera is a photogram that uses voltage. There is no relevance to what an image shows of different foods. There is no mystical energy aura surrounding objects revealed by these images.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    I'm glad you had good experiences with your diet, Primus, but please don't expect me to believe that your diet is responsible for everything else simply because you say it is.
    Well, I'm not forcing you to believe me. It's your call. I can only write what I've gone through. I'm extremly fortunate to have been presented to this raw food knowledge by amazing person and it worked wonders for me. If you search internet about raw foodism and beneficial stuff you will find hundreds if not thousands of sites and people benefiting it from head to toes. I won't earn a penny of it so i have no other motives than to inform peoples how powerfull stuff this is and can be powerfull for you also. I have no reason to lie. It's a suggestion topic isn't it? The rest it's up to you. Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post
    I'm not judging raw foods based on a youtube clip. I'm judging raw foods by the humongous lack of statistics and cohort studies conducted to see any real benefit.
    A Kirlian camera is a photogram that uses voltage. There is no relevance to what an image shows of different foods. There is no mystical energy aura surrounding objects revealed by these images.
    Lack of statistics? Are you kidding me? Try reading some acutally before you make claims like this.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus82 View Post
    Well, I'm not forcing you to believe me. It's your call. I can only write what I've gone through. I'm extremly fortunate to have been presented to this raw food knowledge by amazing person and it worked wonders for me. If you search internet about raw foodism and beneficial stuff you will find hundreds if not thousands of sites and people benefiting it from head to toes. I won't earn a penny of it so i have no other motives than to inform peoples how powerfull stuff this is and can be powerfull for you also. I have no reason to lie. It's a suggestion topic isn't it? The rest it's up to you. Good luck


    Lack of statistics? Are you kidding me? Try reading some acutally before you make claims like this.
    You haven't provided any. If you give me the names to some journal published articles and long-range studies, I'll be more than glad to read through them. I don't understand why this is a difficult concept for some. When you make a claim, you have to support it with evidence.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus22
    You wan't science proof everywhere don't ya?
    Yeah, if numerous scientific, peer-reviewed and published studies say that eating raw food is healthier than cooked food, then you can be sure it's probably correct.
    We don't have a single one though.
    Proof and evidence are important when trying to get people to do something, or claim something.

    Quote Originally Posted by Primus22
    Well, can science measure how great I feel being while on this diet?
    Can science measure my confidence boost?
    Can science measure mental peacefullness?
    Those could all be due to so many different things.
    It could be a placebo effect, could be the air you breathe, something in the water e.t.c.
    There is no evidence to suggest that raw food should have any of these "amazing" physical mental and spiritual benefits.
    It's just raw food.

    Quote Originally Posted by Primus22
    Also you might a get little detoxication state
    Advocators of these crazy diets love to throw around buzz words with little or no evidence.
    Toxins / Detoxing is one of those.
    Your body will do all the necessary detoxing for you, it does a good job for most people.
    Don't tell me that raw broccoli will detoxify my body but 3 minutes in the microwave means it's cancerous?
    'Toxins' as a vague, unidentifiable concept do not exist.


    Quote Originally Posted by Primus22
    Then all the beneficial stuff kicks in.
    Okay, this is the big one.
    I want you to provide me with all the "benefits" of the raw food diet.
    Studies / articles (Scientific ones) and all that.
    You make fantastic and extraordinary claims like:

    Quote Originally Posted by Primus22
    I also know few people that cured many desieses and dislikes that were labeled "incurable" by eating high raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus22
    I can tell that theres probably no drug that will make you feel like eating high raw diet.
    Those claims are going to need some reliable and solid evidence to support them.
    Infact the very few benefits from eatiing a raw food diet (lower of a certain cholesterol) are out-weighed by the negatives.
    I don't want to go on as I'm paraphrasing the video now.
    I also don't mean to keep going on about the video, but it does cite studies and provide evidence, which is more than can be said about your claims.

    And it's fine if you want to do the Raw Food Diet, but suggesting it to people with all these mythical claims that aren't true just seems like a cult to be honest.
    If the Raw Food Diet was so great it would stand by itself and not need crazy recruiters and fanciful claims.

    Peace.
    Last edited by DiceDice; 2011-08-09 at 03:24 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •