Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's hilarious that everyone claiming this fight is just fine and shouldn't be touched haven't put a SINGLE wipe into it yet. Guilds are dumping 400-500 attempts into this boss. That's more than HMLK by about what? 200-300 attempts?

Most of you would start to crack around wipe #50.

Ragnaros has nearly been out for a month now, and you can't compare yourself to those who play for firsts in the world honestly man. you gotta take it at the pace you can handle it. It took my guild 3 months to kill H: LK25m. If you get it before the next raid content, it's still worth a recognition in my opinion. it's gonna be a hard encounter, sinestra is still hard.. we wiped the other day like 3 times on it.

Deleted
    I really hope they won't touch heroic Raggy, my guild will most likely never manage to beat the encounter but I'm okay with that. The prestige seeing an encounter that only a few groups of people manage to beat is what this game has missed for a long long time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flingy View Post
    tl;dr: Ragnaros Heroic 25 is too hard.

Been killed outside Naxxramas after an hour and a half of Loatheb prep.

SNAP!(10chars)

Deleted
    If M'uru was so easy why did it takes months for the first kill and your now here complaining for a nerf after less than 1 month of Rag being out and his first kill being in the second week?
    We killed M'uru in slightly over two weeks. SK killed him the weekend after his gate opened if memory serves.

i don't have experience with ragnaros heroic, but i personally see no problem with blizzard creating a boss so difficault. it's not for everyone to do ragnaros heroic. he is for the really... really... really... good people, not your in-between-awesome-and-"getting by"-players
    We have several Paragon-quality players. Just not 25 of them. That was the entire point of my post. No other encounter has ever had the frankly unreasonable requirement that you have 25 Paragon-quality players.

Let's put this in perspective, i love how everyone basis everything off what paragon does, I want you guys to understand, that their not better then most players. they all just put so much more TIME into it then others. if you put 18 hours a day into a boss, you'd get it down faster then others that are doing 3-4 hours a night.
    Most guilds dont have players to merit that type of scenario, most dont. if you dont down it in 3 nights dont give up. they put 3 nights of work into one night to a regular raiding guild.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...8768165924.jpg

User was infracted for this post. This is spam.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2011-08-07 at 06:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you suppose Rag heroic is so hard? It's because Firelands only has 7 freaking bosses...Blizzard had to make Rag insanely hard so that the patch has longevity, but this is perhaps the worst way to do it. Blizzard: Making one boss insane and having 6 other bosses very easy to medium difficulty is not good design. Why can't you just admit your faults and go back to the Ulduar model: Lots of bosses, gradual difficulty ramp ups: something for everybody = content longevity. Don't even get me started on how no boss in Cataclysm has more than two phases unless its end-raid, they are even cutting back on boss abilities...
    Watch the weather change...

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    I'm sure Ragnaros heroic will be nerfed before this month ends. Maybe not by a huge amount but enough to make him killable for a much larger portion of the player-base.

Edit: For clarity, yes, heroic Ragnaros is a horribly overtuned fight and by far the hardest encounter ever in WoW.
    That's essentially 'how it's done' though, isn't it? How else can Blizzard truely manage to satiate not only the best of the best guilds, the pinnacle of raiders, but all of the other guilds as well? They make a fight extremely difficult, and then, over time, they can slowly make it easier, until other guilds are capable of bringing it down. This does not at all lessen the accomplishment of those first guilds that kill it, while at the same time it allows those who come later to still take a real crack at the fight. It's literally the only way that I can personally think of for Blizzard to cater to not only the hardest of the hardcore, but those below them as well, at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Flingy View Post
    We have several Paragon-quality players. Just not 25 of them. That was the entire point of my post. No other encounter has ever had the frankly unreasonable requirement that you have 25 Paragon-quality players.
    That's true Paragon is simply the best guild and that by a huge margin I guess you must have been in a top guild to really give enough credit to that fact - but I still wouldn't worry too much though.
    People with a little common sense should know that as long they aren't in guilds on the first page of wowprogress.com their chances of beating that encounter without a nerf or a significant amount of gear farming in the next time are ridiculously slim. I am myself in one of those guilds and everyone of us is realistic - we keep progressing, exercise the phases but nobody of us would expect to get a kill within the next couple weeks and I am really convinced that the nerfs aren't that far away anyways. I mean does it really matter that you didn't kill ragnaros till now ?

Quote Originally Posted by cekz View Post
    Let's put this in perspective, i love how everyone basis everything off what paragon does, I want you guys to understand, that their not better then most players. they all just put so much more TIME into it then others. if you put 18 hours a day into a boss, you'd get it down faster then others that are doing 3-4 hours a night.
    Most guilds dont have players to merit that type of scenario, most dont. if you dont down it in 3 nights dont give up. they put 3 nights of work into one night to a regular raiding guild.
    No, they are better. They are absolutely better. Watch their kill video. The precision of the raid is obvious, and they all move in perfect lockstep whenever they need to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    That's essentially 'how it's done' though, isn't it? How else can Blizzard truely manage to satiate not only the best of the best guilds, the pinnacle of raiders, but all of the other guilds as well? They make a fight extremely difficult, and then, over time, they can slowly make it easier, until other guilds are capable of bringing it down. This does not at all lessen the accomplishment of those first guilds that kill it, while at the same time it allows those who come later to still take a real crack at the fight. It's literally the only way that I can personally think of for Blizzard to cater to not only the hardest of the hardcore, but those below them as well, at the same time.
    They still never had a fight that required absolute perfection from everybody besides muru and he obviously died fairly fast. Hell, sejta dc'd on paragon's first lk kill. If you dc on heroic rag something or other will kill you

No, they are better. They are absolutely better. Watch their kill video. The precision of the raid is obvious, and they all move in perfect lockstep whenever they need to.
    I certainly agree no other guild match their number of good players - everyone disagreeing on that must be in huge denial.

15+ Year Old Account
    Funny. Everyone is QQing about too easy bosses, and now the QQ has changed into a boss being too hard

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Funny. Everyone is QQing about too easy bosses, and now the QQ has changed into a boss being too hard
    The wow community is not a hive mind.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    They still never had a fight that required absolute perfection from everybody besides muru and he obviously died fairly fast. Hell, sejta dc'd on paragon's first lk kill. If you dc on heroic rag something or other will kill you
    Mu'ru really didn't require perfection from absolutely everybody, or he really would not have died so fast. :/ If I have one wish, it's that I wish Mu'ru would stop being quoted as 'the hardest boss ever' as some kind of measuring stick... anyways, I digress.

Like I said, that's the arms race, though. Encounters are going to keep remaining difficult and getting more difficult, and then being nerfed over time. I can't personally think of a way for Blizzard to satisfy as many people as they can, from the hardcore down, though maybe I'm just dense.

Quote Originally Posted by cekz View Post
    Let's put this in perspective, i love how everyone basis everything off what paragon does, I want you guys to understand, that their not better then most players.
    You know those "Movements" that look orchestrated? That's not just someone on vent calling them to move, that's each individual player being good enough to know the exact moment they need to move, and not taking even 2-3 steps extra to get there.

If you must simplify it - this is where you need to start. Every fight is as simple as knowing precisely what to do, and when to do it. They just happen to have such great individual responsibility that they're doing that action simultaneously, and without fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could only imagine Heroic Deathwing, they topped H LK, let's see them top this next patch and the one after.

I somewhat agree. They need to balance bosses out. There should be no reason why the other 5 bosses are shit jokes and Rag is so much more difficult.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mu'ru really didn't require perfection from absolutely everybody, or he really would not have died so fast. :/ If I have one wish, it's that I wish Mu'ru would stop being quoted as 'the hardest boss ever' as some kind of measuring stick... anyways, I digress.

Like I said, that's the arms race, though. Encounters are going to keep remaining difficult and getting more difficult, and then being nerfed over time. I can't personally think of a way for Blizzard to satisfy as many people as they can, from the hardcore down, though maybe I'm just dense.
    I didn't say he was the hardest boss ever, but you couldn't make a mistake on him. I felt a lot more leeway on every other boss regardless of difficulty. And you can't please everybody. You're a mod so you should read most of the threads on here.