Thread: Alysrazor

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Alysrazor

I could use some help here.
    1. I always miss the rings. (granted, I haven't had more than 2-3 tries...)
    2. What spells should I use, provided I do get all the haste buffs? spike, flay?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

First of all, you shouldn't be up there as a shadow priest.
    Fly in a circle while dpsing, yet aiming for them. You need to hit all of them when you fly around. It's not really that hard if you press your spells (not with your mouse) and then just focus on flying. Think valithra dreamwalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    Fly in a circle while dpsing, yet aiming for them. You need to hit all of them when you fly around. It's not really that hard if you press your spells (not with your mouse) and then just focus on flying. Think valithra dreamwalker.
    I probably shouldn't, yes, but in 10 there's not a lot of choices.

And what you're saying is extremely difficult, I can't fly AND dps AND aim for the rings. Don't have that many hands.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Shadow Priests are one of the best dps up there (only beaten by fire mages), so I don't know what you're talking about.

The flying and aiming for rings is just one part.. the dps on the boss should be a piece of cake when you have her targeted.
    Since you have collected the feathers you can cast while moving.

Fights like these prove how inferior keyboard turners are!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post

And what you're saying is extremely difficult, I can't fly AND dps AND aim for the rings. Don't have that many hands.
    Aim with mouse, strafing / casting with left hand.

---------- Post added 2011-08-07 at 12:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Susej View Post
    Fights like these prove how inferior keyboard turners are!
    Oooh I see. For some reason it always completely slips my mind that this might be the case.
    Last edited by Luko; 2011-08-07 at 05:55 PM.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Move/fly with your top mouse buttons, not your WASD keys. I did this on my Shadow Priest in our alt run a few weeks ago and I got the hang of it fairly quick.

Strafe with A and D, turn with mouse and put main spells on keys such as 2, 3, 4 as they are easily accesible. That's how I do it.

It's really not all that hard, I do it as a fire mage, using mouse hold right click to aim for ring, press and hold left and right mouse buttons to move to said ring, all while using left hand to do your damg rotation. Anybody with a little coordination can pull this off, if not you dont belong in the air, maybe even the raid.(I do the same method on the ground to avoid tornados and attack alys)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use the binds 1-9, T, Y, U, and every single one of them with a CTRL / Shift / Alt bind, and had no serious problems at all flying as a leftie.

My biggest pain was simply the contrast of the entities up in the air. My eyes were practically bleeding towards the end of our nights there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Duke
    Hail to the King, Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye Heart GS View Post
    I remember a guy like you who used to go around forcing his beliefs on others. He started up a few camps in Germany back in the 40s and it didn't turn out well for him in the end.

Let this be a warning to you.

Spriest are great for this fight. You have to make sure you go through it. I initially missed alot because I would go right up to it and stop. Once one spawns the next few will be at similar elevation. Rings are priority, your dps will just get higher and higher. Make sure you get a ring on the ground so you can keep buff during the ground burn.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the middle of the ocean for 7 months out of the year
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post

WHat is your raid comp?

And as for flying and DPSing, its pretty simple once you get the hang of it. You should NEVER use the keyboard for turning. You should be using the mouse for this.

Right Hand - Mouse + Steering / Flying
    Left Hand - DPS Keybinds

the fuck are you smoking?
    N

I think you need get invest in a Razer Naga mouse and stop clicking.

15+ Year Old Account
    1, practice, whatever works for you is fine.
    2, just continue normal rotation, just with lots of haste you go super saiyan.

Why not? Spriests are the 2nd best next to fire mages.
    Use your normal rotation, keeping DOTs up, spam mindflay and shadow fiend, use MB on cooldown.

I zoom my camera in to be fairly close, helps me hit the rings easier, also I strafe back and forth through them as I fly through, seems that sometimes they don't apply the buff if you don't do that. (I have A and D bound to left/right strafe instead of turn)

Continue to DPS her during the fiery vortex phase.
    60k Is pretty easy to achieve.

Also it is much easier to make it to each ring before it despawns if you have lavawalker on boots.
    Last edited by UunaPriest; 2011-08-07 at 06:21 PM.

1) Refresh your DP/VT every few rings
    2) Once your haste is getting up there, swap to mind sear over flay, only using flay to refresh SWP
    3) Make sure you get every ring, getting to 25 buffs should be your priority

When you get down on the ground for the vortex phase prior to essence of the green, make it your priority to grab rings to keep your buff going at max duration for the upcoming burn phase. Three rings spawn near the center, on the inner most ring of vortexes when that phase starts, make sure you grab one of those. From then on, you should try and get at least one more. Use Dispersion to run through a vortex if you have to.

Up in the air, move with your mouse by either holding down both left/right to move or have auto run bound to a mouse button, and steer with it on/off. If you need to rebind a set of keys just for this fight, do it. Grabbing rings becomes much easier with a little experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    2) Once your haste is getting up there, swap to mind sear over flay, only using flay to refresh SWP
    Don't do this, this would be absolutely retarded. Mind sear won't do any useful damage it will just be a waste of mana.( it won't even damage anything while you're in the air)
    Mind flay does far far far more damage than swp

10+ Year Old Account
    shadow priests are fine to go up, just do your normal rotation the whole time. I find it easy to stay a bit behind her until the ring spawns then go through it and stop until the next ring spawns that way you dont accidentally pass it while flying.