Thread: Alysrazor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's a double post, but I can't bump otherwise.
    I can hit all rings while she's circling in the air now, but when she's going down (before the nado phase) it's difficult if not impossible to see either on of all of the rings that spawn. It's just too much fire and orange coloring.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

What I do is take the inner circle of tornado's. With your 3 feathers you run at almost the exact speed as the tornado's in the inner ring, so you never have to change lane. You can then easily spot the rings and get them.

As long as you get one right near the end you'll be ok

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    I probably shouldn't, yes, but in 10 there's not a lot of choices.

And what you're saying is extremely difficult, I can't fly AND dps AND aim for the rings. Don't have that many hands.
    then you shouldn't be raiding.
    Being a good raider doesn't simply mean mastering your dps rotation, you have to be able to do your job effectively.
    There are countless players out there that can fly, dps, and aim for rings. They all have two hands.
    I actually have a friend who lost his arm during a deployment that does this exact job....with just one hand.
    And he tops charts.

soo.......

ya........

I'm glad your friend is able to play, however I fail to see the relevance to the quote or thread. You'll also have to help me find the constructive part of this post, or was it "you shouldn't be raiding"? Not enough for an infraction, but you've got my attention. ~ Ultima
    Last edited by Ultima; 2011-08-16 at 11:47 PM.

Well, it's a double post, but I can't bump otherwise.
    I can hit all rings while she's circling in the air now, but when she's going down (before the nado phase) it's difficult if not impossible to see either on of all of the rings that spawn. It's just too much fire and orange coloring.
    Stay above and behind her during that transition. You should be able to easily see the rings that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaa View Post
    crap
    You weren't helpful at all.

@Themos, thanks man.

Deleted
    If you have problems to hit the rings when she goes down for her cleave, wait a few seconds before chasing after her. She spawns one on her way down and 3 while crossing the area. The three can only spawn in one of three spots.. like BOMB---RING---BOMB directly behind her. IF that made any sense at all?

And remember, you have 4 seconds to reach the ring. And if you don't dps her <10stacks it's no biggie, you'll catch up in the burnout phase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Affectionate View Post
    Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Mind Sear damage has been doubled. In addition, it now causes damage to target if unfriendly, not just surrounding enemies. Can no longer be self-cast.
    Just click on his link and read it. It says only "Mind Sear damage has been doubled." The other part is not there and you wont find it in any patchnotes.PS: Cant post/quote Links, but you will find it on page 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaftwig View Post
    If you have problems to hit the rings when she goes down for her cleave, wait a few seconds before chasing after her. She spawns one on her way down and 3 while crossing the area. The three can only spawn in one of three spots.. like BOMB---RING---BOMB directly behind her. IF that made any sense at all?

And remember, you have 4 seconds to reach the ring. And if you don't dps her <10stacks it's no biggie, you'll catch up in the burnout phase.
    Yep, after some practice, I finally learned everyhing last night. And yes, you're right, there is a pattern there, I got used to following the 3-somes. That's the easiest part now I always have 25 stacks and 30 secs+ on the burn phase now, albeit with some tornado damage taken.
    It's good practice for the real fights, in 25 man, that we're gonna have.
    Last edited by Vargur; 2011-08-16 at 09:35 AM.

Another fight where Naga Mouse is king

Strafe with left hand, change direction with right mouse button and DPS with right thumb.

Deleted
    Me as shadow priest going up. (Link in my signature since i can't link yet)

I've binded all my spells what i use in that fight so i have full concentration on tracking those rings of flame. Also i keep my spells CDs near middle of my screen as u can see in my video & castbar is also near middle of my screen which helps as well.

Just remember to NOT TO cast new shadowfiend in burnout phase before last one has disappeared since new shadowfiend kills the previous one. Especially if u have 2piece bonus from T12. Also always during molting pop shadowfiend cos thats the only time when shadowfiend reaches alysrazor during air phase. Aaaand try to not miss any rings during air phase so u get that crit buff asap. If u do all this correctly you should be able to reach 65-70k without too much trouble. After some practice of course. In video i didnt even get DI...it went to boomkin who was going up as well

And when/if u got 4set bonus from T12 u get nice 200k+ MB crits
    Last edited by mmocbbfb49769c; 2011-08-16 at 11:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    If you have 2 piece, flay ends up being better b/c your shadowfiend cooldown drops down to under 1 min and it's usable on her. The overall DPS of both abilities together outdo Mind Sear. But for those that don't have t12 2 set yet, it's definitely better to use mind sear once you get up to about 10 stacks and using flay once in a while to refresh the duration of SWP.

-T
    Mhn, care to explain this though, you mean the fiend flies in the air and follows her or when shes shedding her feathers going down on the ground? Interested in seeing how this pans out on hm alysrazor (she stays in the air untill she crashes down)

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    First of all, you shouldn't be up there as a shadow priest.
    ... and why's that?

To the OP, like the Valithria rings, the collision detection is a little "off" so its best to "wiggle" as you go through a ring to ensure it bursts and applies the buff. Another tip is to never stop moving, because theres isnt much time between rings and getting there takes most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiematico View Post
    Mhn, care to explain this though, you mean the fiend flies in the air and follows her or when shes shedding her feathers going down on the ground? Interested in seeing how this pans out on hm alysrazor (she stays in the air untill she crashes down)
    Pets like that (AFAIK) will not follow their master through the air, always gives me a chuckle seeing our locks 2 set pets belting back and forth along the ground chasing Alysrazor in the air.

I could use some help here.
    1. I always miss the rings. (granted, I haven't had more than 2-3 tries...)
    2. What spells should I use, provided I do get all the haste buffs? spike, flay?
    I use my normal rotation as a spriest, including cooldowns. It just takes practice. When I first did it, I was falling out of the sky for lack of hitting the rings, when we finally killed it I did 29k dps on the boss. Next week, I got my dps up to 44k. Just practice and get used to moving while dpsing, it does take getting used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenxion78 View Post
    Shadow Priests are one of the best dps up there (only beaten by fire mages), so I don't know what you're talking about.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Deleted
    This video helped me a lot back when i was still getting used to the rings and stuff. It'll come in time though don't worry. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeysRPy0PSA

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    Only if you have t12 2 set should you use flay, b/c the fiend is useable in the air on her and it ends up being about 8k DPS alone with the insane cooldown reduction from flay making up for the latency issues of using it.
    Does the fiend really work up there? I've watched several videos from flying sp pov and none of them used SF ever, except ground burn phase. Even if fiend isn't usable up there, it should be usable when the boss does molting and/or on the chicken adds down there.
    Edit: I just saw a vid in this thread when a priest used fiend up there, but it seemed like it despawned after 3-5 hits. It should last for 10 hits at least.
    Last edited by Zka; 2011-08-17 at 06:24 AM.

You're wrong, this changed a while back as it was monumentally stupid

EDIT: Meant to quote, but I see someone already corrected that anyway :P
    Last edited by VitesseEOD; 2011-08-17 at 07:10 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Does the fiend really work up there? I've watched several videos from flying sp pov and none of them used SF ever, except ground burn phase. Even if fiend isn't usable up there, it should be usable when the boss does molting and/or on the chicken adds down there.
    Edit: I just saw a vid in this thread when a priest used fiend up there, but it seemed like it despawned after 3-5 hits. It should last for 10 hits at least.
    Yes, it does work. You should be using it every CD, w/ 0.6s Mind Flays after the 2nd middle sweep ability, you should be using it every 30 seconds tops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Duke
    Hail to the King, Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye Heart GS View Post
    I remember a guy like you who used to go around forcing his beliefs on others. He started up a few camps in Germany back in the 40s and it didn't turn out well for him in the end.

Let this be a warning to you.