Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Theme: Dark Fantasy

Levelling: 1-60, through Quests.

PvE: Not so much raids or dungeons, but it's merged with the PvP and you can find rare special mini boss mobs throughout the world that drop rare items to help with your PvP.

PVP: Massive battleground areas where if you can manage to destroy the enemies base or kill their leader (think of AV sorta) you win. If you manage to get into the enemies base and attack the leader, he'll fight with whatever faction he's with and can be healed/buffed.

Ream politics: Not sure :/ Have to update later

Theme: Pokemon

Does anymore need to be said? I'm not sure about raiding in a Pokemon MMO, I guess you raid Team Rocket/Team Plasma/ etc.. head quarters and battle every trainer until you get to the boss, or Gym Leaders/Elite 4 will be some sort of raid.. somehow. They could honestly do a lot with a Pokemon MMO.

Pick which region you want to start with, I can picture it now...

I'm pretty sure a Pokemon MMO would mostly be PVP oriented.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2011-08-07 at 09:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    If I shared my content, people would just rip off my ideas :O So I'll keep my work for myself.
    Somebody is suffering for severe paranoia. Nobody is original these days.

On topic: I like WoW. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Theme: Pokemon

Does anymore need to be said?
    What could that do beyond what's already done by things like Pokemon Online and the actual games' wifi battling? I always thought Gamefreak should've done it a long time ago though.

@above: You don't think any other ideas could match WoW for you?

Fill out the template below:

Theme: Tacos. Lot's and lots of tacos.

Levelling : Will be based on how many condiments you obtain. Level will be determined by the size of your taco fortress.

Raiding: Stop the Burger Overlords and their Pastrami minions from ruling the world of Foodtopia

PVP: Join the epic struggle of the Burritorians and the Tacolithians in the constant power of struggle over Sourcremith Valley and Nachorio Mountain.

Ream politics: Politics are rough, and are constantly under fire between the 2 leading political factions. The Del'Tacoweigs and the Tacobellians. Which side will you pledge your sauce to?
    Bleh

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    What could that do beyond what's already done by things like Pokemon Online and the actual games' wifi battling? I always thought Gamefreak should've done it a long time ago though.

@above: You don't think any other ideas could match WoW for you?
    A consistent open world with other players exploring it with you, probably 3D instead of 2D sprites. Special events where you can catch certain types of Pokemon that can only be caught during those events, kinda just brain storming now, a lot could be done with a Pokemon MMO.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    A consistent open world with other players exploring it with you, probably 3D instead of 2D sprites. Special events where you can catch certain types of Pokemon that can only be caught during those events, kinda just brain storming now, a lot could be done with a Pokemon MMO.
    there have been multiple fan attempts at a Pokemon MMO

Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    there have been multiple fan attempts at a Pokemon MMO
    Nothing official, do not want.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing official, do not want.
    yes but they are good examples of what could be done

I was thinking of the Dream World they've got now. They could do some amazing things connecting handheld games to a real legitimate social MMO.

I want to hear more

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I was thinking of the Dream World they've got now. They could do some amazing things connecting handheld games to a real legitimate social MMO.
    I think it'd be a pretty good idea to have each player pick a region they wish to start out in, and a possible PVP option would be some sort of regional tournament where each region competes with eachother in battles. So, it'd sort of be like factions, but not really, then again Pokemon doesn't really need factions, you can battle anyone and it'd make perfect sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pokemon MMO. Yep. I went there.

Theme: 40k Universe

Leveling: Regular leveling through a mixture of grinding and experience however keep a progression feeling going all the time. Dungeons and gear that last and doesn't get outdated in 1 hour. The leveling process should feel as coming to age process not a chore. Also with different progression paths to keep it fresh for a couple of alts.

Raiding: at least 3 raids to start all with 3 levels of difficulty with their appropriate rewards: Easy = rare gear, Normal = Superior Gear (already with distinguished aesthetics) , Hard = Epic gear (recolored version of superior with better stats) That way everyone gets to see the content and rewarded for the time they chose to invest. Also easy mode raids should be doable by small groups of 5 players.

PVP: All abilites effects should be tweak to work in pvp enviroment without conflicting with pvp. Example : Kraken Bolts, deals "x" amount of dmg to target , deals ".7X" dmg to pvp target.

Realm Politics :is 40k so ongoing conflict between all races that populate this universe.

I think it'd be a pretty good idea to have each player pick a region they wish to start out in, and a possible PVP option would be some sort of regional tournament where each region competes with eachother in battles. So, it'd sort of be like factions, but not really, then again Pokemon doesn't really need factions, you can battle anyone and it'd make perfect sense.
    The regional tournament thing is a great idea though, but I'd prefer it if they allowed movement between them somehow. Maybe specific servers could have a system like Diablo 2's ladder resets, resetting people's pokemon to allow for fresh levelling and a new tournament at the end of each season. Pokemon should be highly replayable like that anyway. Individual local tournaments could be like weekly or daily events, and players could have a system to set them up as well.

Somehow, this MMO needs to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I worked at GameStop way back when, some friends and I actually came up with two pretty cool ideas for a Pokemon MMO. One was just like the one you are discussing now, where you are the trainer and you collect the Pokemon for battles and such. The other idea was where you actually play the Pokemon. There are numerous Pokemon with 3 evolutionary forms. We thought it would be cool if those would be your "talent trees". Take Pikachu for example. A Pichu would have weaker electrical attacks, but be quick and agile. A Raichu would have strong electrical attacks, but be very slow. Pikachu would be the balance between the two. You would always start off as a Pichu, but depending on where you put your points, you would either stay a Pichu or evolve into one of the other two evolutionary forms.