Deleted

Cauterizing Flame is doing 1% of healing? Cmon...!

Cauterizing Flame is doing 1% healing.. What kind of 4-set bonus is that? Epic fail

Just when things were bad, raiders started running away from it thinking it's fire on the ground.. Not looking good!
    Last edited by mmocabe77c30e6; 2011-08-07 at 10:15 PM.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of the 4-sets are similar. It doesn't make up any reasonable portion of healing.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's closer to 4-5% for me, but then again, I don't have people running away from tiny red dot on the floor. Free 400-500k healing per boss, I'm not complaining.

The 4pc shouldn't just be for an extra spell effect/animation, wat?

Quote Originally Posted by Zatie12 View Post
    Just when things were bad, raiders started running away from it thinking it's fire on the ground.. Not looking good!
    Hope they didn't do the Shade of Aran encounter.

Deleted
    It's closer to 4-5% for me
    Do you have some logs to post? I don't see how you're getting so much from it. I'm averaging 1.00 to 1.08% healing from the 4-set and it's not overhealing by too much either. I can't see how you're getting it to proc so much.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It does around 400-500k per fight for me - obviously less in some specific cases. Unless you do 50mln healing per fight - so, Baleroc - it's more than 1%. On the average, it's free 500hps. Do you average 50k hps on all fights?
    Last edited by KaPe; 2011-08-07 at 10:47 PM.

The best way to analyze this set bonus is to state the healing it did as well as the time length of the fight. That way you get a HPS value out of it.

I was lead to believe its on a 45sec icd. Hence should fit in around the 4% to 5% mark on some bosses, ill browse some WoL logs the next time i'm on the pc, unless anyone else can post some findings.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zatie12 View Post
    Cauterizing Flame is doing 1% healing.. What kind of 4-set bonus is that? Epic fail
    It is doing 1% of the overall raid's healing in a 25-man. In order to calculate the percentage of your own healing it is doing, you need to add Cauterizing Flame healing with your own healing and then divide the Cauterizing Flame healing by that number. Cauterizing Flame tends to do 4-6% of your healing.

Using my last Beth'tilac kill as an example, you can see that it is marked as doing .76% of the raids healing. However, in order to figure out the percentage of my own healing it does, I need to 49,047 / (1,0035,958 + 49,047) to find that it did 4.66% of my healing on that pull.
    Last edited by Gaffer; 2011-08-07 at 11:07 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryya View Post
    Priest did 4.3 mln healing. Cauterizng Flame did 260k. It's 1% of total raid heals, including every single self heal and so on. 260k out of 4.3mln is around 6%.
    Basic math...

15+ Year Old Account
    I won't be seeing (4) bonus for my Priest this tier, so I'm glad it wasn't something awesome I missed. We all knew it was a weird bonus when it was released.

edit: @the avatar below; et tu Vook?
    Last edited by Ultima; 2011-08-08 at 01:22 AM.

It's a 4-piece bonus, it's not supposed to be some giant amount of healing. The other priest in my raid gets around 400-600k healing from it on H Alysrazor at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Is that true ppl r running away from it ? XD

Apiss it wouldn't surprise me in the least if people run away from it. I mean it is a fire effect, in a fire raid, where every other type of fire you see is uber bad. I am actually really not looking forward to our priest getting it because I'll have to explain to our group how to tell the difference between bad fire and good fire = /

can you see Cauterizing Flame on wol as a part of your healing output? i struggle to see it on healing done > healing by spell, i can see it in logs with query, so it surely happens somewhere

Deleted
    Our priest with 4 set frequently has 5-6% from the Cauterizing Flame, just dont see the overall healing done from everyone otherwise it might show 1%

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babylon View Post
    can you see Cauterizing Flame on wol as a part of your healing output? i struggle to see it on healing done > healing by spell, i can see it in logs with query, so it surely happens somewhere
    It's counted as "pet" or "totem", so it's not part of your normal spell list.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Apiss it wouldn't surprise me in the least if people run away from it. I mean it is a fire effect, in a fire raid, where every other type of fire you see is uber bad. I am actually really not looking forward to our priest getting it because I'll have to explain to our group how to tell the difference between bad fire and good fire = /
    Well it only lasts five seconds, and shoots little fireballs at people in high arcs. Kinda easy to distinguish it from bad fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".