Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Best recent RPGs:
    1. Mass Effect Series. Play it...NOW.
    2. The Witcher 2. Absolutely freaking amazing. You have to play this regardless whether you're just getting into RPG's or a veteran you need to play this.
    3. Fallout: New Vegas.
    When life gives you lemons, throw them back and say, "WTF life?"

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateThunderz View Post
    Best recent RPGs:
    1. Mass Effect Series. Play it...NOW.
    2. The Witcher 2. Absolutely freaking amazing. You have to play this regardless whether you're just getting into RPG's or a veteran you need to play this.
    3. Fallout: New Vegas.
    The Witcher 2 looks good along with Mass Effect. I've played and clocked all the Fallouts + Oblivion and Morrowind. I also completed Borderlands 3 times to max everything out.

I'm looking for a game that pretty much sets itself apart from the others and doesn't try to imitate or copy other games. I do hear good things about The Witcher 2 so I think I will try this one 1st. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Greendog View Post
    Cool never heard of this til now and I just looked it up on youtube. These classic type RPG's are among my faves. It's real easy on the eyes too thanks for telling me about this little gem. I'll defo be getting this one ^^

Edit:Is there any place to download it btw? I want to play it like right now lol
    I can't link the site until I post a few more times, but you should be able to google it until the Wikipedia shows up with the site it's on. Just don't play the first. They're separate titles from one another (thankfully) and the first didn't do so well in the reviews. It was pretty unanimous that 2 made up for its mistakes so it's essentially the only one worth playing.

There's also a free trial of about 2-3 hours of the game before you purchase, and for me, it felt like the PERFECT cut-off point before the "Buy Now" prompt. I recommend doin that at least . It lets you keep the same save.

Witcher, Witcher 2, Mass Effect 1 and 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Fallout New Vegas, Borderlands, Torchlight

- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 (Best RPG ever!)
    - Dragon Age: Origins
    - Fallout 3
    - Fallout: New Vegas
    - The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Noone proposed Baldur's gate ? Kids these days...

Best solution for you would be going to the site like metacritic, sort by genre > user/critic scores = some kewl games to play.

Deleted
    Another vote for dragon age, its vey pick up and play yet incredibly absorbing.

Deleted
    try out NIER...

youtube has a few video reviews...

Deleted
    most of what i would recommend is already here, really enjoying fallout 3 atm, even if it crashes every few hours (f5 is wearing out )

one thing I would mention is, if you like snes style RPGs like FF5-6, secret of mana, zelda etc, its well worth checking out games made in RPGmaker. Some are pretty bad, but alot are good, and free to play of course. Also as they are fan made games, they often have funny stories, which would never make it into a retail game.

If you missed Diablo and Warcraft, you probably also missed Baldur's Gate. This classic series should take priority over anything else mentioned in the thread.

Deleted
    ah on the subject of warcraft, wc3 is really good fun

10+ Year Old Account
    buy a snes, best thing an RPG fan can do

Witcher 2, DA, ME are fun and all, but they got nothing on the classics

Lufia 2, Secret of evermore, secret of mana, Illusion of time(illusion of gaia), earthbound are all extremely awesome
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Tales of Vesperia is amazing. Who the hell would call it lackluster?

For PC: I enjoyed Jade Empire a lot, but it was a bit short. It's also ~6 years old now I think, but it's made by Bioware.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am gonna buy Skyrim, I think you should too.

If you dont care about graphics;You have to play Fallout 1 and 2.The story, -"conversations"- and quests are better than Fallout 3(not saying fallout 3 is bad).
    Neverwinter nights 2.NWN 1 is also good but its hard to read conversations etc. , for me at least.
    Baldurs Gate ofc.
    Dragon age 1. 2 is for console it seems.

I insist for Fallout 1-2, those are real RPG's.You wont find the feeling these give in other games, they dont make such quality stuff lately.Just like they dont do games like Grim Fandango.

Deleted
    As several have mentioned, morrowind is a great game, it is a bit old though, but luckily you can find lots of mods that improve visuals ( I didnt like oblivion)
    Mass effect 1+2 some of the best rpgs out there, if you think shooters are easy, try the hardest difficulty in these 2
    Dragon age origins ( never tried 2 and looks like I havent missed much)
    Baldursgate 2: awesome game
    Neverwinter nights 2: A lot better than the first one and the Mask of the Betrayer expansion is really epic.

I would love to also add Neverwinter Nights 1. The Original Campaign is subpar, but the expansions are great. The best part of NWN is the modding community, by far grander than any other game. The NWN toolset is very easy to use, so there are many great player made campaigns to play that even rival AAA RPGs. I spent a year playing a majority of the modules in the Hall of Fame and there are still a few left I want to check out. ;p

http://nwvault.ign.com/fms/TopRated....dir=ASC&w=&p=1

Neverwinter Nigths 2 also has a great campaign/expansion -- but the toolset seems to be more cumbersome compared to NWN. There are a few campaigns made for it that players have loved, but for some reason I couldn't get into any of them.

Dragon's Age (first one was awesome, 2nd was ok..)
    Fallout 3

Older ones:
    Planescape Torment (best rpg i've played, awesome story. Gotta love The Nameless one and Morte! But 12 years old already)
    Baldurs gate 1 & 2 (same as torment. Old but great fun)
    Last edited by Elephant; 2011-08-08 at 12:54 PM.

Deleted
    If you want a good one for 360, wait for Skyrim. Also Golden Sun series to the GBA is amazing. The atmosphere in those games is like nothing I've played before. There is a sequel to the DS also. Worth playing, but not as great as the prequels

Lunar the Silver Star is an oldie, but fun