Thanks for the link! Might have to check it out.

great movie i thought. laughed hard when they said they only played 20-24 hours a week

15+ Year Old Account
    funny people call this a movie.

Well, for people who havent seen it yet. IT IS NOT A MOVIE. It is a Documentary.

I've been raiding competively in a hardcore guild for a couple years now and was looking forward to seeing this documentary and watched the livestream premiere last night. What a disappointment!

First, the video quality was extremely poor, the fraps quality was horrendous.

Secondly, under what rock did they find these people? I was horrified to see that was who they selected to represent the gaming community. From the serial killer looking guy that couldn't maintain eye contact with the camera to the neck bearded, mic eating, foul-mouth to the unemployed guy and the college drop-out internet addict, they were all socially awkward, strange looking people.

Third, they said raiding was hard, but they didn't go into the why. The research, planning, work, the math - all of what goes into making a successful endgame raid possible was not even touched on. The little fraps clips they included looked simply like pew-pew boss is dead and left out the complexities of gameplay and task-oriented teamwork and interaction required for a success.

Fourth, I was completely baffled by the girl gamers comments that Lore made. Compare his "nice" good girl to the neck beard mentioned above.

This documentary only served to reinforce every negative stereotype of gaming possible. Kevin Michael Johnson committed a great disservice to the gaming community and I sincerely hope this film never sees the light of day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    I've been raiding competively in a hardcore guild for a couple years now and was looking forward to seeing this documentary and watched the livestream premiere last night. What a disappointment!

Secondly, under what rock did they find these people? I was horrified to see that was who they selected to represent the gaming community. From the serial killer looking guy that couldn't maintain eye contact with the camera to the neck bearded, mic eating, foul-mouth to the unemployed guy and the college drop-out internet addict, they were all socially awkward, strange looking people.

Third, they said raiding was hard, but they didn't go into the why. The research, planning, work, the math - all of what goes into making a successful endgame raid possible was not even touched on. The little fraps clips they included looked simply like pew-pew boss is dead and left out the complexities of gameplay and task-oriented teamwork and interaction required for a success.

Fourth, I was completely baffled by the girl gamers comments that Lore made. Compare his "nice" good girl to the neck beard mentioned above.

This documentary only served to reinforce every negative stereotype of gaming possible. Kevin Michael Johnson committed a great disservice to the gaming community and I sincerely hope this film never sees the light of day.
    i saw the premiere last night also, But it was in 720p so it was in great quality for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    funny people call this a movie.

Well, for people who havent seen it yet. IT IS NOT A MOVIE. It is a Documentary.
    A documentary is still a movie...

Thanks to i4ni for this awesome signature.

Looks like the link is broken now.. but isnt the full movie available on their website?

Sorry, but what's the password?

Okay I didn't really give a positive review on the film either, but what I don't understand is everyone's comments on the raiders themselves.

Why are people saying "they were wierd/ugly"??? They looked EXACTLY like WoW players, you're delusional if you think WoW players look like Ashton Kutcher and Angelina Jolie; shit, they looked like AVERAGE people too, I really don't even understand the high hopes in seeing super models during this film. Get over yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post

The video/link isn't working for me, but I searched for it and saw a trailer and I'm not sure what this guy is talking about. There seemed to be a fine set of people interviewed and the captured videos, at least in the trailer, looked quality. Looking forward to this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had no idea the doc was about Months Behind on my server until I saw Lore. Friend of mine rolled with Lore a long time ago, and my whole circle of friends were in Ashleyriott's guild <Illuminatus> before it broke up and she went to MB.

Pretty enjoyable movie, but I was hoping it would be more along the lines of something I could show to people to show them what the game was about and why I play it. I think it only got halfway there.

Good thing I set it to render about an hour ago before going afk - I went to refresh after I finished watching it to see an updated view count and it was password protected.
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com