Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Skyrim] What will your backstory be?

I recently watched a video on youtube where a guy asked in text, "what will your backstory be?" And while I couldn't think of a good one right off the back, there were a lot of interesting stories that people made up in the comments.

So I wanted to see what other things gamers could come up with as to how they ended up in jail in the beginning of Skyrim.

Can't remember if it was confirmed or not but I believe it was Todd Howard that stated in the beginning you're being led to your execution through a cave I think.

It would be interesting to hear what you guys could imagine and i'll post one as soon as I can think of something good. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I will tell you later =p sorry but I just want to save this page in my history and don't have time to write, I must check out that trailer. You can make your own story or?

It will be along the same lines of the other games, where you are in prison/about to be executed/somehow confined and are set free my a strange twist of fate.

This happened in the Fallout games, and in Oblivion, which are the only games I can talk about with certainty since I played them.

I want to say that there was an official post about Skyrim somewhere that says basically the same thing, but I couldn't find it.
    "I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." - Frank Sinatra

I will be Max Powers - Space-Archaeologist and Rocket Surgeon.
    On my way back from my daily shark wrestling, I am notified by my secretary that I have to go back in time and save the world for some reason, and then I do, but then I see a shiny spoon and decide to pick it up anSTOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM

bah hate how the guards always arrest you for some thing you just need to do, a damn female orc warrior attacked some that may killed her friend and suddenly a imperial guard comes along, she would had died if i wouldent help her. so after that quest, go to the city and hearing "stop right there criminal!

and obvious folk attaking monsters while i trying not to hit them..

Quote Originally Posted by psychedelica View Post
    bah hate how the guards always arrest you for some thing you just need to do, a damn female orc warrior attacked some that may killed her friend and suddenly a imperial guard comes along, she would had died if i wouldent help her. so after that quest, go to the city and hearing "stop right there criminal!

and obvious folk attaking monsters while i trying not to hit them..
    I wish to become a Security Guard at a mall so that I may come to work dressed as an Imperial Guard shouting "STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM."

My character will be criminal scum with the fantastic ability to stop right there.
    This is a signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by This is a name.
    This is a quote.

Starting an elder scrolls game in a prison cell... sounds vaguely familiar....

10+ Year Old Account
    stop right there,i will probably be criminal scum

Ok, I pee'd in the well, it's not my fault it was dollar draft night at the local tavern and I really had to go halfway home. I didn't think anyone was looking, but some perv guard must've been getting his kicks looking at my... you know.

Deleted
    Caught using invisibility in the ladies locker room.

Like you havn't thought about it

A direct descendant of Nerevar, second toon has some bastard Septim blood in him...and he knows it.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Quote Originally Posted by A Forum Troll View Post
    I will be Max Powers - Space-Archaeologist and Rocket Surgeon.
    On my way back from my daily shark wrestling, I am notified by my secretary that I have to go back in time and save the world for some reason, and then I do, but then I see a shiny spoon and decide to pick it up anSTOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM
    I was about to respond, but this took my breath away. I just can't compete with that backstory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    My character will not remember his backstory. He will awake in jail, without knowing what he did. :P
    "My sword? [Heck] yeah I know how to use it. What's to understand about swish-swish-stab? It's a [freak'n] sword dude, it's not a fighter jet." -Tucker "This One Goes to Eleven

I need to see more of the quests first. Like in Oblivion I tended to do Dark Brotherhood and then I'd do Knights of the Nine as retribution for the slaughters. Right now I'm just thinking about which race I will be. I think it is between Nord and Imperial; nord might be nice since your in Skyrim, but still not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by brown View Post
    I need to see more of the quests first. Like in Oblivion I tended to do Dark Brotherhood and then I'd do Knights of the Nine as retribution for the slaughters. Right now I'm just thinking about which race I will be. I think it is between Nord and Imperial; nord might be nice since your in Skyrim, but still not sure.
    That's good thinking with the Nord...

Personally I love being Khajiit. Because I love stomping the shit out of people who treat you like crap or coming back way later as the Nerevarine and being like "what were you saying before?" *ONE SHOT*

My back story would be, I used to bethe Nerevarine then I got tired and went and helped Prince Martin save Cyrodiil. NOW magically I am in Skyrim, where me and ONLY me can save the day! Yes, again...
    Intell 8088 @ 7.14Mhz | 604K RAM | TCGA 16 Color graphics | TWO 5.25" 640K Floppy drives | 10MB Hard disk

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    That's good thinking with the Nord...

Personally I love being Khajiit. Because I love stomping the shit out of people who treat you like crap or coming back way later as the Nerevarine and being like "what were you saying before?" *ONE SHOT*
    Haha yeah, I always found it amusing the sudden change from being insulted as an outlander to being praised. I have disliked how Khajiit looked in past Elder Scrolls, but I admit they look pretty now. I may have to make one for pure assasin purposes.

My character ”Duncan”, is a physicist who becomes lost in time following a time travel experiment, temporarily taking the places of other people to "put right what once went wrong". Duncan’s adventures will be a mix of comedy, drama and melodrama, social commentary, nostalgia and science fiction. At the start of each new quest Duncan will utter his trademark, a dismayed "Oh, boy!"

Are there gonna be guards like in Oblivion?