Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Firelands BoE drops.

So after 2 days of solo trash farming approx 20 pulls, Of 1 pack of scorps the 3 sleeping turtles and the hounds i have seen 0 boes. I just want to pick up my one handers not being greedy, But anyways is it still possible to get boes when soloing? Cause all i have seen is greens.

I farmed for 4 hours a few days ago and cleared 175k. 13 BoE's. Avg run time 7 mins for the turtles (2 packs) + scorpions + hell hounds.

Deleted
    Yes, it is still very possible for them to drop, but the drop rate for them have been reduced very significantly, so don't expect to see lots of them drop, you will be lucky to see one of them drop in 40 packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spuddie View Post
    Yes, it is still very possible for them to drop, but the drop rate for them have been reduced very significantly, so don't expect to see lots of them drop, you will be lucky to see one of them drop in 40 packs.
    I believe the nerf must have been reversed, because on Bleeding Hollow US, prices are now down under 10k for most items. Seriously, 4 or so hours of farming and almost 200k cleared.. just glad I got most of my items sold before prices plummeted.

Wild case of rng I have yet to jump back into soloing but I will get back to it shortly

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's still possible, I've gotten a few myself soloing on my frost DK but

The drop rates have been pretty much wrecked due to the fact it was ''Higher then intended'' but in reality it was because of soloing the trash. So it pretty much destroyed the actual people doing the trash rather then kite kite kite kite though I don't understand when they could of just made the mobs you know...

Hit harder? Snare Immune? etc

Anyway RNG is RNG

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spuddie View Post
    Afaik only the droprate of the recipes was reduced. Anyhow, we had 8 drops this week druing our clear and just 1 the two weeks before. Rng is Rng.

2 hours, 2 shamans doing pyrolord packs. 14 epics, 250k richer (split) - (note: 4 polearms and 2 daggers)
    If you're there for the money it's easy, if you're there for a spesific drop you'll need quite a lot of luck.
    Probably gonna best to sell the other epics you get first, then by what you need

Deleted
    I've not had a drop from the small scorpions after the drop rates were apparently nerfed :\ And I haven't seen a pattern in aaaages :P

I do the 5 packs of Pyrelords on my shammy, kill about 200 mobs total, just guessing off the rep gains. (done from friday till sunday this recent weekend)

BSmith pattern 2x Tank rings caster dagger mail bracers.

stuff still drops, and drops solo, I literally looted the 2x tank rings off back 2 back mobs during the same clear lol.

In contrast, Ive been going in there with my guild since the 2nd week, and during actual clearings (we're only 3/7 but still kills lots of trash) Havent seen a single trash drop lol, first week yeah but I wasnt there then.

Ive also gotten a caster dagger and a pair of the mail bracers doing scorp/turtle/dog packs on my DK. not nearly as many pulls as my shammy tho.

Don't know about solo'ing but in two weeks my guild has gotten:

1x BoE World drop (Pauldrons of Edward)
    1x Obsidium Cleaver
    2x Firebound Gorgets (one after the other!)
    1x Pattern of some kind (Leather, I think)
    1x 359 staff (?) BoE world drop
    and I think one other that I forget.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anything that can be solo kited with 0 skill required had the drop rates significantly reduced. This includes scorpions, turtles and dogs. The rest kept their standard drop rates. I kite the easy stuff and I got the blacksmithing tanking gloves on Friday night.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

4 shamans, each soloing 25man trash 30 min clears, in 8 hrs about 30 boe drops

They nerfed trash drops when they realized more people we farming trash rather than playing through the nerfed T11 content. Just amking sure you knew that, and yes BoEs still drop.

---------- Post added 2011-08-07 at 11:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xalek View Post
    I've not had a drop from the small scorpions after the drop rates were apparently nerfed :\ And I haven't seen a pattern in aaaages :P
    The small scorpions are no longer able to drop epics.

Quote Originally Posted by phatkiid View Post
    4 shamans, each soloing 25man trash 30 min clears, in 8 hrs about 30 boe drops
    I didnt know we could have level 90 characters yet!

Quote Originally Posted by matters View Post
    They nerfed trash drops when they realized more people we farming trash rather than playing through the nerfed T11 content. Just amking sure you knew that, and yes BoEs still drop.

---------- Post added 2011-08-07 at 11:09 PM ----------

The small scorpions are no longer able to drop epics.
    Not true, I had Chelley's dagger drop friday night off the scorpions.
    Warriors in PvP are like small hyperactive children in a candy shop made of bouncy castle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    I didnt know we could have level 90 characters yet!
    why lvl 90? elemental shaman can pretty good solo the packs - hunter is a little behind them.

join a 3-6/7 id, pull 5 packs (which accumulates to 10 pyrolords and 30 elementals = 40 adds) and kite them around. dot them, kite them, loot them.

Deleted
    I had a dagger drop over the weekend.

But it seems I get 1 epic for about 4 - 6 hours farming.

As mage I clear in 4 pulls / 30 mins:

1 x 1 pack pyrolords, 3 pack turtles & scorps
    1 x single turtle (ive come to think of him as 'Lucky'
    2x pull of 2 pyrolord packs.

Made a resonable stack of gold, now want to get a dagger or stick formyself..
    Last edited by mmoc7a143c34b4; 2011-08-08 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaving View Post
    I farmed for 4 hours a few days ago and cleared 175k. 13 BoE's. Avg run time 7 mins for the turtles (2 packs) + scorpions + hellhounds.
    1 every 18mins, wow..

last 3-4 weeks of maybe 12-15 hours trash clearing i have seen 1 boe. rng hates me and my groups..first week it was like boe/pattern every other kill..

Farmed couple days now. zero drops