Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, OP, I remember that it was my thread that made you start with minecraft, and now you're building these crazy things That's epic !

On-topic; I haven't really made anything big lol

Feel the awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post

Feel the awesome.
    How do you get it looking so good? Obviously it is not just a texture pack. TELL ME YOUR SECRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tantric View Post
    How do you get it looking so good? Obviously it is not just a texture pack. TELL ME YOUR SECRETS!
    I really don't know, I found the screenshot on a random thread and the OP at the time wouldn't reveal it either :S

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't know, I found the screenshot on a random thread and the OP at the time wouldn't reveal it either :S
    I have seen screens like this in the past and I have always wondered how they did it. Oh well, the search continues!

Allright, I'll try get some pictures, I haven't built the big stuff yet. But were not that many people, and I'll try show some of the projects we currently have. Most of them are not even finnished and is probaly way bigger than the stuff you see here (we got a huge project filling around 70*60.

---------- Post added 2011-08-08 at 04:39 PM ----------

Feel free to comment .

This is our League of Legends Arena (currently under work, and isn't polished yet).

The Idea is to make it a mini game inside Minecraft (currently it works and its funny as hell).
    if you wanna know more just ask I'll gladly answer . Theese pictures are taken from the control tower, which adjustes the game. Again if you wanna know how it works just ask.

This here is an underground hidden area it took alot time to build and it looks awesome if you ask me. and the traps to find this area is just amazing .

The rest of my "Big constructions" is currently under work and is hidden (not even anyone of my servers knows em hehe).

Ps. my english sucks atm, dont know why. So try to see if you can live with my spelling mistakes :P.
    Last edited by Slanyou; 2011-08-08 at 04:53 PM.

There is a mod that allows you to up the detail in textures and add motion blur. I can't find one that works as of now nor can I find anyone to tell me where to find one that works. The search indeed continues.

Also, /highfive @ Slanyou for the borderlands texture pack. Nice builds also!

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post

Also, /highfive @ Slanyou for the borderlands texture pack. Nice builds also!
    Thank you pal. What I find most cool, is that the arena you see, work as a mini-game inside Minecraft and is quite funny. However when I finnish my big builds I'll try to upload them .

Bordercraft, texture pack because let's be honest, borderlands is totally awesome. No doubts there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    I actuly built my city without flying mod was hell and took along time i actuly havent built anything with it yet only just got it.

EDIT:

Try Hamachi even if you have a legal server it might still not work if your not connected trough Lan me and my friend uses Hamachi for this exact reason.
    Otherwice you might be like me that havent forwarded ports on your router i havent bothered as you have to fix a static ip wich is also annoying i cant host any games online not even wc3 but somehow avp2 works just fine...
    I have tried Hamachi. It didn't seem to work. I routed IP's and everything too. There just must be something I am missing or doing wrong. I'll mess with it sooner or later. But I got Better Than Wolves and the Portal Gun mod and both are so much fun.

---------- Post added 2011-08-08 at 06:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by reak71 View Post
    Haha, OP, I remember that it was my thread that made you start with minecraft, and now you're building these crazy things That's epic !

On-topic; I haven't really made anything big lol
    haha yeah I remember. Can't bash on it too much until you try it for yourself.

---------- Post added 2011-08-08 at 06:17 PM ----------

I have seen screens like this in the past and I have always wondered how they did it. Oh well, the search continues!
    I am guessing it's this texture pack.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/127377-16x-32x-64x-128x-256x173-lb-photo-realism-update-for-the-rpg-pack/

It's really good, just watch the videos. I have used it and everything is very crisp.
    Last edited by Youarefired; 2011-08-08 at 07:36 PM.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    I am guessing it's this texture pack.

adfly

It's really good, just watch the videos. I have used it and everything is very crisp.
    Really... adf.ly link..

Also, it is not that pack, it is a mod.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    I know this probably not the place for it, but could someone direct me to some multiplayer information on minecraft? im thinking about buying it but i want my friends to play with me is that possible?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishyface View Post
    I know this probably not the place for it, but could someone direct me to some multiplayer information on minecraft? im thinking about buying it but i want my friends to play with me is that possible?
    I actually started my own multi player server for my friends and I. There are plenty of hosting companies that will host it for cheap. It is nice because you have full control over mods and such, and control over who joins.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishyface View Post
    Yes creating an online server with your friends is free and doable, if you do it like me you can host using Hemachi and Minecraft server.exe

If you want further infomation to do it free, feel free to PM me. you dont need to buy a server to host it for you. As I sayd it can be done free .
    Last edited by Slanyou; 2011-08-08 at 06:57 PM.

I actually started my own multi player server for my friends and I. There are plenty of hosting companies that will host it for cheap. It is nice because you have full control over mods and such, and control over who joins.
    Hosting yourself for a few friends isn't very demanding, anything over 10 tends to make things require outside support, though.

Hosting yourself for a few friends isn't very demanding, anything over 10 tends to make things require outside support, though.
    Depends on your computer really, for an example I host a minecraft server over hemachi, somtimes were 10-12 people online, it doesnt hurt my own perfomance at all (or the others).

Quote Originally Posted by Slanyou View Post
    Depends on your computer really, for an example I host a minecraft server over hemachi, somtimes were 10-12 people online, it doesnt hurt my own perfomance at all (or the others).
    I'm talking about connection speed.

I'm talking about connection speed.
    Thats part of the perfomance, anyhow, as I have my own router with 20mbit connection speed isn't a problem either. But you're right in most cases having 10+ require a dedicated server. But if you are around 8 or so you shouldnt have any problems .

that is pretty awesome. I've been doing adventure maps. I think my home base on my first server is pretty epic, especially since I farmed the materials rather than inventory editing. I don't know how to get a picture of it here, but it's got all the good stuff a minecraft home needs. fence around the yard made of netherack to keep stuff out, a lava moat around the cobblestone castle structure, some dispensers I can activate from the house interior to knock stuff into the moat.

then the central room is storage and the bedroom with a glass ceiling, two side rooms containing home theater in one, pool + hot tub in the other, downstairs for cooking and food storage..

gah it's hard to describe this without pictures...there's a mimicry of the split lava hallway from the incredibles, a throne room, a mushroom farm...

Yea. Lots of stuff in it but I still don't consider it as fancy as some of the stuff I see people build.

edit: Yea, Zarim, that's what I mean. LOOK AT THE ATTENTION TO DETAIL, HOW CAN I COMPETE WITH THAT!?
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2011-08-08 at 07:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

Lots of stuff in it but I still don't consider it as fancy as some of the stuff I see people build.
    It doesn't really matter imo, if you like it and created it yourself, everything is worth mentioning. Yes its neat what some people build, but what I love is using my imagination and just creating stuff I think are cool. And what I enjoy alot aswell, is creating hidden stuff and creating evil traps to make sure only people I want to see my stuff can (for fun really).

But just because a build is big doesn't make it less awesome (most cases). Agian it's all about imagination. only you create the border!