10+ Year Old Account

My PC seems sick

My computer is pretty slow at some things its does for example when i alt tab it takes forever for me to get back to the desktop etc things like that is there any FREE way to clean my pc or anything anyone know of a way to speed up my computer some. i have a simple inspiron 530 but its ran alot better b4 so how can i get that back simply and free? programs? cleaner? tips and tricks? im open for any advise plz. Granyed im a husband and father so i cant just go buy a new computer or something so helpfull comments only plz and yes i know my pc probly sucks thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    <snip>

Mod Warning: Don't spam our forums.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-08-08 at 03:31 AM.

Spybot S&D, Ccleaner, defraggler. In that order.
    You could also reinstall Windows instead.

-edit- O lol, 1000th post
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2011-08-08 at 03:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    grats on your 1000

I would be careful using ccleaner. It has been known to sometimes mess up the registry.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcrow View Post
    I would be careful using ccleaner. It has been known to sometimes mess up the registry.
    That's if you decied to mess with the registry though. That's like saying disc cleanup deletes things that I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    That's if you decied to mess with the registry though. That's like saying disc cleanup deletes things that I want.
    OP has limited knowledge of his PC as you can tell, giving him a third party program to go at his computer with could result in exactly that.

First thing id do is follow the instructions here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rom-keyloggers

Once you finished all of that, And if it comes out clean then you can try cleaning the registry, (or you got 1 sneaky virus)

If you have not used this already, AVG has a PC tune up thing that works FLAWLESSLY, I used this thing a few months back when my PC was sluggish, And it was ace afterwords. You can only do it once tho (Unless you pay for the product) But they allow you to do it one time for free. So id recommend doing it after you finished all of the scans, It can be found here http://www.avg.com/us-en/avg-pctuneup

How much memory does your computer have, OP? Sounds like disk thrashing from huge pagefile use.
    Super casual.

reinstall your windows from scratch.(format all your data) be sure to back it up on something.

best way to make it run fast.