Alysrazor, such a gap in DPS?

Hello all, long time reader first time poster

is the latest log of my guilds 10m normal alysrazor kill, where I gain the 3 feathers and fly after the bird dpsing.

is a WOL to the top ranked spriest for the same fight. There is a significant difference in damage done / DPS, but not such a huge difference between gear.

Also, % wise, our damage is coming from the same sources, roughly speaking, as one another.

I note that my raid doesn't have some major dps boosting buffs on the boss, namely - 8% magic damage, 10% spell power ( I did have 6% ), and I don't have DI.

Can anyone offer some advice, or maybe point out something obvious that I'm missing ( aside from the fact that they are better players )

Any help would be appreciated!

Many thanks ( Links to follow )

Zanp

Deleted
    Gameplay asides, the fights were not the same length, yours finished earlier with a shorter 2nd Alysra's rasor (75% crit buff) where the other got a longer and maybe started a second phase 2 (where Alysrazor is on the ground taking 100% dmg).

Looking at damage, raid buffs do play a lot on shadow priest dps,(maybe more signicatively than other casters).
    Differences from 6% spell power to 10% gives from +300 to more spell power.
    3% haste + 3%dmg on dots and mind flay.
    8% magic dmg.
    +5% crit on target from the destro lock.
    All that make a lot

Just look at your respective average damage on VT :

Yours => hit avg:7203.2 and crit avg: 15948.2
    His => hit avg: 9295.1 and crit avg:21863.7

Deleted
    About Alys, anyone knows if you can have more than one shadowfiend up?
    Killed it on heroic yesterday and noticed that my shadowfiend came off cd roughly every 3rd mind flay with the crit buff, but was too unfocused to actually notice if I had more than one up. Logs didnt get recorded

You can't have more than one shadowfiend up at a time, if you try to cast it while one is still up you'll get an error.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Arlee: I disagree. I had two up the other day at the same time. It was kinda cool because everyone was asking how I managed to summon two :P Granted, they're only up at the same time for a few seconds until the first one dies but it is possible. Maybe a bug?
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Sounds like a bug to me. Obviously I have no idea what would allow you to summon more than one at a time. What were you doing around when you had two up?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Sounds like a bug to me. Obviously I have no idea what would allow you to summon more than one at a time. What were you doing around when you had two up?
    You know how we have a talent (Sin and Punishment I think) where our MF crits reduce the cooldown on Shadowfiend? They just mean that, because of the crit buff, they were able to reset the cooldown so quickly they could summon a second Shadowfiend before the first one had dissappeared.

Yes, but it's classified as a pet, and as such should only be able to have one at a time. I understood what they're saying, but from a technical perspective, it doesn't make too much sense for it to be possible (or even handle-able in the games engine) to have more than one of the same pet up at once.

You might bring up bloodworms as an example of why it's possible, but those don't have a pet bar, and the shadowfiend does.

I have noticed that it does not error when you try and summon more than one, so it is fully possible for more than one to be out at a time, but technically and technologically, I don't think the game has a way to register more than one pet-bar-controlled pet at once.

Hope that makes sense :P

It also matters where in the fight you kill the bird.
    If you kill it just on the last second off the burn phase, your avg dps will be alot higher compared to having to burn off the last few M in the air.
    It takes time to build up the dmg buff so those last Million(s) takes relatively long, lowering your avg dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    Arlee: I disagree. I had two up the other day at the same time. It was kinda cool because everyone was asking how I managed to summon two :P Granted, they're only up at the same time for a few seconds until the first one dies but it is possible. Maybe a bug?
    That is uber weird... and yea I would agree it is most likely a bug. I'll definitely keep an eye out this week to see if that happens or not and try to catch a screenie either with two or the error. Certainly wouldn't be the first time something worked in a way that didn't make sense though