10+ Year Old Account

Rate my Warlock, please...?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arius/advanced

I'm not really happy with my dps. I know my rotation, spec, etc.

but like all of us i want more.... at 17.02% hit, and when fully raid buffed in my 10 man at 30.67% haste i feel like i should be doing more.

I don't have a wol link or anything but i average about 24- 25k, depending on fights, bloodlust, etc. others are well above 30k

I've even considered playing destro as i hit the magic 30% haste but its horrible and i refuse... :P

does anyone have a similarly geared lock with comparative dps figures? am i gearing correctly? have i gimped my crit/mastery and focused TOO much on haste? as affliction i know 30% is not necessary....

ergh...... help...

Without a WoL is hard to really assist, or seek areas of improvement. I would say you have an insane amount of haste, perhaps increase your mastery a little bit? I know its not the best scaling factor for us, but you are not getting much from stacking that much haste over extra ticks.

Just a thought, provide a WoL and we will really see what is the problem or what can be improved.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calabera View Post
    Without a WoL is hard to really assist, or seek areas of improvement. I would say you have an insane amount of haste, perhaps increase your mastery a little bit? I know its not the best scaling factor for us, but you are not getting much from stacking that much haste over extra ticks.

Just a thought, provide a WoL and we will really see what is the problem or what can be improved.
    i don't think at any point is another stat better then haste for affliction
    even if you aren't getting more ticks, ticks are still gettin faster and SB is taking less time to cast haste is never bad for affliction

Did... did you just tell an affliction warlock to dump haste for mastery?...

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    i don't think at any point is another stat better then haste for affliction
    even if you aren't getting more ticks, ticks are still gettin faster and SB is taking less time to cast haste is never bad for affliction
    ^ That, affliction does not have haste plateaus as destro does, more haste will mean more tics over the course of a fight, weather or not each individual cast does, as long as you remember to clip your DoTs. If you don't clip, then you'd be correct (referring to Calabera)

Easiest way to explain it (not the most accurate by far... but easiest) is as such:

Lessay you have enough haste for 6.33 tics of UA per cast, if you don't clip, the spell will tic 6 times, and the 0.33 tics are essentially useless and wasted haste. If you do clip, it makes the first tic of the next UA come slightly faster, meaning every 3 casts you will get that extra tic, so while you don't have 7 tics per cast, you have 19 tics per 3 casts, instead of 18.
    Last edited by Delia; 2011-08-08 at 07:54 PM.

Deleted
    0/10 ,

Reforge crit on belt and 2nd ring to hit. Reforge DMC:V to haste. Refresh DoTs after Demon Soul: Felhunter is used. Use Demon Soul: Felhunter with other on-use or procs. To be honest, 22-24k is pretty decent for your item level. I can't see you doing over 30k with your gear at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stridulent View Post
    Reforge crit on belt and 2nd ring to hit. Reforge DMC:V to haste. Refresh DoTs after Demon Soul: Felhunter is used. Use Demon Soul: Felhunter with other on-use or procs. To be honest, 22-24k is pretty decent for your item level. I can't see you doing over 30k with your gear at the moment.
    Thanks i'll experiment with reforges a little and see if i can squeeze anything out.
    I understand our dps is totally fight dependent, i just thought i may have put TOO much priority on haste.

My slowbolts casts are on average around 1.7 - 1.9s, eradication brings that down to 1.4.

Obviously i'm refreshing Haunt, UA, and Doom (which times great with trinket, springs and racial), but should i also be recasting corruption?

its refreshed by haunt on cd, but should i be recasting it on procs? <--- thats one thing thats confused me....

edit: i reforged some things, and got MORE haste... 16.92% hit though... we'll see.
    Last edited by Licarius; 2011-08-08 at 11:18 PM.

you dont need to be hit capped. I'm at 15.7% hit and still getting top 200 DPS parses on WoL on the heroics we do and normals we do. Don't stress being low on hit. Only worry is your at about 15.5% or under, assuming your getting decent stats instead of hit (if you have a haste/mastery bit, of course reforge the mastery to hit if aff as it's a DPS gain over mastery etc)

15+ Year Old Account
    Gem 2x 40 Int in your chest, 20 Int is better than 20 Haste + 20 Hit.
    Gem 2x 40 Int in your belt, 10 Int is better than 20 Hit.
    Gem 40 Int in your gloves, 10 Int is better than 20 Hit.

Those will lower your hit slightly (You can raid with anywhere between 15-15.5% hit as Affliction).

Don't hold me to this; but I think you can reforge hit on your wand or something to crit, I don't know the maths behind it, but since you don't need as much hit as you have the crit (albeit not the best stat) might be slightly better, not sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    Gem 2x 40 Int in your chest, 20 Int is better than 20 Haste + 20 Hit.
    Gem 2x 40 Int in your belt, 10 Int is better than 20 Hit.
    Gem 40 Int in your gloves, 10 Int is better than 20 Hit.

Those will lower your hit slightly (You can raid with anywhere between 15-15.5% hit as Affliction).

Don't hold me to this; but I think you can reforge hit on your wand or something to crit, I don't know the maths behind it, but since you don't need as much hit as you have the crit (albeit not the best stat) might be slightly better, not sure.
    Thanks! though, i thought 20 hit > 10 intel, i prefer no misses.... ever. so getting to the cap is important. lowest i run with is 16.8% or higher, just personal preference.

I love the haste, i just thought i may have gimped my crit/mastery.... and if haste ever became less of a priority... ?

fully raid buffed, i'm at 31.5% (ish?) haste. 20 odd % crit. and almost base mastery....
    i think a few more 378's and intel should help.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Licarius View Post
    Thanks! though, i thought 20 hit > 10 intel, i prefer no misses.... ever. so getting to the cap is important. lowest i run with is 16.8% or higher, just personal preference.

I love the haste, i just thought i may have gimped my crit/mastery.... and if haste ever became less of a priority... ?

fully raid buffed, i'm at 31.5% (ish?) haste. 20 odd % crit. and almost base mastery....
    i think a few more 378's and intel should help.
    I think on paper taking the 20 hit over the 10 int is a DPS loss, that said if you really hate misses personal preference would probably outweigh pure maths in a minimal situation like this one due to playstyle.

Stop expecting 30k. Just ran a quick sim of you and your looking at 28k maximum with perfect play on single target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea View Post
    you dont need to be hit capped. I'm at 15.7% hit and still getting top 200 DPS parses on WoL on the heroics we do and normals we do. Don't stress being low on hit. Only worry is your at about 15.5% or under, assuming your getting decent stats instead of hit (if you have a haste/mastery bit, of course reforge the mastery to hit if aff as it's a DPS gain over mastery etc)
    Not to be rude but it just seems like you are pulling numbers out of your ass with the "only worry at 15.5% hit or under" where is your math backing this?

Made by dubbelbasse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Stop expecting 30k. Just ran a quick sim of you and your looking at 28k maximum with perfect play on single target.
    Wow, thank you. I'm not saying "i want 30k!", i was just wondering if i was doing 'appropriate' dps for my gear.

which, thanks to you, i am.

Correct me if I am wrong, but 2792 haste rating will not be beneficial until he can get another scale (tick) out of it. Meaning for Unstable Affliction he wont see benefit until he reaches 4951 rating, Corruption until he gets 3900, BoA (if multidots and use of SS allows for it, waste in single target) 3476. With his current gear and available options out there these numbers are hard to get.

I do know that Int >> Hit (to cap) > Haste > Crit > Mastery. Mastery being placed at the lowest priority over all other stats, however the same was true for Demo until someone decided to think outside the box.

It does not hurt to look for different options once you reach certain level of gear, especially when your gear scale factors is compromised due to higher stats requirements, to get that extra push. For as little as it may be, if he cant scale haste for a while perhaps he can get an extra 200-400 dps from increasing the periodic damage of our DoTs via mastery.

The worse thing that could happen is he tries it, looks at his numbers and say - meh, not really worth it. The best thing that can happen is, he found the next contradiction to stats weights after certain level and improved his numbers.

I did not look at his armory until today, just cause I wanted to make sure his haste is actually that high before I commented the above.

Anyways, happy hunting to all that were quick to jump down my throat.

Correct me if I am wrong, but 2792 haste rating will not be beneficial until he can get another scale (tick) out of it. Meaning for Unstable Affliction he wont see benefit until he reaches 4951 rating, Corruption until he gets 3900, BoA (if multidots and use of SS allows for it, waste in single target) 3476. With his current gear and available options out there these numbers are hard to get.
    Consider yourself corrected... twice... affliction does not have haste plateaus, since you apparently missed it in my last post, I quoted myself for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Delia View Post
    Easiest way to explain it (not the most accurate by far... but easiest) is as such:

Lessay you have enough haste for 6.33 tics of UA per cast, if you don't clip, the spell will tic 6 times, and the 0.33 tics are essentially useless and wasted haste. If you do clip, it makes the first tic of the next UA come slightly faster, meaning every 3 casts you will get that extra tic, so while you don't have 7 tics per cast, you have 19 tics per 3 casts, instead of 18.
    If you wanted to go "outside the box" why on earth would you dump your highest stat priority for your lowest? Even for Demo when haste was top, mastery was a close second, not a far off dead last >.>

There's a difference between trying a different approach, and just giving bad advice... go to the druid forums and tell the kitties they should all be hit capped, because you're taking a different approach, and that with no math at all, you think it might increase their DPS, see what happens.

Edit: also it wasn't just "someone looking outside the box" that changed Demo's stat priorities, it's basically the triple dip on doomguard mastery that simcrafts weren't accounting for that put it so far ahead of haste for demonology. When (if) Blizzard fixes that bug, mastery and haste will be far more comparable stats for demonology, quite possibly putting haste above it once again.

Edit2: I'm sorry for jumping down your throat, I'm just sick of so many people going on about haste plateaus (that matter significantly) for specs other than destro... any spec/class which clips their DoTs doesn't need to worry overly much about plateaus. It only really matters for healers (who generally don't clip HoTs), and destro (because of conflag, not actually immolate itself).

Edit3: The further above a plateau you are, the more important it becomes for you not to allow a DoT to drop off, that's about the extent of how much it matters for affliction. If you are just under a plateau, and you allow a DoT drop it is a far greater DPS loss than if you are just over one.
    Last edited by Delia; 2011-08-09 at 05:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

I do know that Int >> Hit (to cap) > Haste > Crit > Mastery. Mastery being placed at the lowest priority over all other stats, however the same was true for Demo until someone decided to think outside the box.

It does not hurt to look for different options once you reach certain level of gear, especially when your gear scale factors is compromised due to higher stats requirements, to get that extra push. For as little as it may be, if he cant scale haste for a while perhaps he can get an extra 200-400 dps from increasing the periodic damage of our DoTs via mastery.

The worse thing that could happen is he tries it, looks at his numbers and say - meh, not really worth it. The best thing that can happen is, he found the next contradiction to stats weights after certain level and improved his numbers.

I did not look at his armory until today, just cause I wanted to make sure his haste is actually that high before I commented the above.

Anyways, happy hunting to all that were quick to jump down my throat.
    someone didn't think outside the box till mastery was buffed for demo till then yes it was the worst stat

10+ Year Old Account
    I have my scheduled 10 man tonight. I'm running at MAX haste while still retaining high hit 16.9%.

If i see an improvement in my numbers i'll stay (hopefully a few drops too). Other wise i may start reforging some haste to either crit or mastery.
    However i want to retain the max possible ticks for ALL my dots....

and it looks like the 30% plateau is the highest i'll need for UA, Corr, and BoA. http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t112939-...m_4_2_release/

as such i may as well reforge any haste ABOVE 30% to crit.... right???

PLEASE PLEASE correct me if that's wrong...

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 02:25 PM ----------

So i just ran BH25 after reforging some things. almost bang on 30% haste, hit capped i did 25,282 dps.

Thats my highest in bh so far. IMO any haste over 30% is wasted.... you can't hit next plateau so why bother with it.

also got the legs, lucky drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Licarius View Post
    I have my scheduled 10 man tonight. I'm running at MAX haste while still retaining high hit 16.9%.

If i see an improvement in my numbers i'll stay (hopefully a few drops too). Other wise i may start reforging some haste to either crit or mastery.
    However i want to retain the max possible ticks for ALL my dots....

and it looks like the 30% plateau is the highest i'll need for UA, Corr, and BoA. http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t112939-...m_4_2_release/

as such i may as well reforge any haste ABOVE 30% to crit.... right???

PLEASE PLEASE correct me if that's wrong...

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 02:25 PM ----------

So i just ran BH25 after reforging some things. almost bang on 30% haste, hit capped i did 25,282 dps.

Thats my highest in bh so far. IMO any haste over 30% is wasted.... you can't hit next plateau so why bother with it.

also got the legs, lucky drop.
    ..... there is no plateau for affliction so don't drop any haste
    ..... there is no plateau for demo so still don't drop any haste

only destro has a couple plateau from immolate the reason being immolate also effects how much damage conflag does