Blessed Life on Majordomo?

So last night we were progressing on Majordomo 25m and I was wondering if it would a net gain to spec into 2/2 Blessed Life for this encounter, as I would imagine it could lead to a decent gain in HP generation and thereby increasing my max AOE throughput.

What are your thoughts on it?

Yes for normal, no for heroic. Personally, I would think just 1 point would be a significant enough gain, but that is just personal preference. I seem to always have 3 HoPow at a scythe, on both normal and heroic (heroic scythes are dealt with in a far different spectrum), so the Blessed Life HoPow might actually go to waste. It's really a Nefarian style Electrocute mechanic, which also generated HoPow with Blessed Life, I used it, seldom, but I ended up respeccing out of it for WoG + PoV + Imp Judgement, and didn't really see a net loss in my healing.

It only procs on direct damage, as noted in the tooltip. Nothing the boss does outside of melee is considered direct damage except Maybe the fire orbs. Flame scythe, flame leap, and the flame seeds are all aoe and not considered direct damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Novamourne View Post
    It only procs on direct damage, as noted in the tooltip. Nothing the boss does outside of melee is considered direct damage except Maybe the fire orbs. Flame scythe, flame leap, and the flame seeds are all aoe and not considered direct damage.
    This is incorrect. I get HP on my pally from AoE's.

Quote Originally Posted by Novamourne View Post
    Afaik direct damage is pretty much everything that is not a dot and it has little to do with aoe vs single target. (=> orbs don't proc it because they apply a DoT)
    But there's a list somewhere on those forums for things that can proc it:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ife-encounters

On topic: don't see much of a point in speccing into it - for the first stacks you should be able to get to 3 HP anyway without blessed life.
    Last edited by Nillo; 2011-08-08 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    On topic: don't see much of a point in speccing into it - for the first stacks you should be able to get to 3 HP anyway without blessed life.
    That's where I see having it might result in minimal gain as the frequency of the flame scythes increases. Meaning towards the end of the Scorpion phase I would have very little gain from it, whilst in the Cat phase I would have no gain at all.

I think I'll just stick the points somewhere else or perhaps try 1/2.

Quote Originally Posted by Inval1d View Post
    That's where I see having it might result in minimal gain as the frequency of the flame scythes increases. Meaning towards the end of the Scorpion phase I would have very little gain from it, whilst in the Cat phase I would have no gain at all.

I think I'll just stick the points somewhere else or perhaps try 1/2.
    Yeah, 1/2 would definitely do, although there isn't very much room to screw around in the Holy tree, you could spec out of Magic cleansing for that one point, since there is no cleansing during that encounter, or one out of Enlightened Judgements,

Something like: http://db.mmo-champion.com/utils/tal...H.b0w.paladin. will do nicely on Majordomo, and even on Ragnaros, for Blessing of Life experimentation. I think the knockback would give you HoPow, I don't rul BL so I'm not entirely sure

Quote Originally Posted by Phosey View Post
    Yeah, 1/2 would definitely do, although there isn't very much room to screw around in the Holy tree, you could spec out of Magic cleansing for that one point, since there is no cleansing during that encounter, or one out of Enlightened Judgements,

Something like: http://db.mmo-champion.com/utils/tal...H.b0w.paladin. will do nicely on Majordomo, and even on Ragnaros, for Blessing of Life experimentation. I think the knockback would give you HoPow, I don't rul BL so I'm not entirely sure
    I'll give it a go on our next raid tommorow and report my findings, if we get him down I'll report its use on Rag too.

I find it quite effective to use CS on the fight before scythes if i need that one extra HP

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

i like it on that fight, you can pretty much get a free holy power from every flame scythe, which let me do a 3 HP LoD on each scythe. Probably not going to make or break anything, but it's a nice bonus.