Thread: Tab Target

10+ Year Old Account

Tab Target

So I have been trying to get it working for a while now but with no luck. Pressing tab just doesn't seem to cycle targets for me at all. On the massive list of keybinds which one of those is the 'tab target'?

Deleted
    it should be the "tab" key, unless you've bound it to something else

Deleted
    Unless you have been changing Keybinds, it should be Tab but there has been a know bug to do with tab targeting so I'm not sure if the hotfix has gone live yet though.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be something like "next enemy"

Quote Originally Posted by Blackspur View Post
    So I have been trying to get it working for a while now but with no luck. Pressing tab just doesn't seem to cycle targets for me at all. On the massive list of keybinds which one of those is the 'tab target'?
    Mine sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Most of times targets dead players. It's very annoying and I'm hoping the fix comes soon and solves the issue.

You can eighter be standing too far away for it to tab, or you have messed up the binding, try checking the key bindings..

Known issues with tab targeting which should hopefully be addressed in an upcoming 4.2 bugfix patch.
    Though as to when that will be remains unknown.

Tab Target is broken for a lot of people, and Blizzard knows about the issue and apparently has a fix ready to be implemented.

Personally, when I Tab Target, it usually targets dead mobs or nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Known issues with tab targeting which should hopefully be addressed in an upcoming 4.2 bugfix patch.
    Though as to when that will be remains unknown.
    ^this. i would hope its fixed within the next few weeks but you never know

Quote Originally Posted by Visko View Post
    It'd be something like "next enemy"
    Pretty sure you're the only one who answered the actual question :P

Yes, it's under the keybindings under Next Enemy or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lausten View Post
    You can eighter be standing too far away for it to tab, or you have messed up the binding, try checking the key bindings..
    Yeh thats what i meant with my original question, what is the actual tab target keybinding called?

Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
    Pretty sure you're the only one who answered the actual question :P

Yes, it's under the keybindings under Next Enemy or something.
    pretty sure its "target nearest enemy"

10+ Year Old Account
    Still "works" for me, but tab targetting have always sucked though...
    I just use nameplates now and click on those instead, much more reliable.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tab targeting is currently bugged, in that when you tab to your next target the UI will sometimes switch back to your original target. Blizzard says they have a fix, but need to implement a client side patch to roll out the fix. According to the Blues they are in the process of building the patch and rolling in a few other fixes for release *soon*.

The bug is very annoying for someone like myself that uses tab targeting all the time. Having to click targets on the screen is slow and annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    pretty sure its "target nearest enemy"
    Thank you for being virtually the only one to answer the question I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackspur View Post
    Yeh thats what i meant with my original question, what is the actual tab target keybinding called?
    Some one answered that already. "Next Enemy." Don't give me the credit though.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/189387/tab-target

Blue Post on the tab target issue. Towards the end of the page, Zarhym hinted the bugfix patch would come this Tuesday/Wednesday, though obviously it could be delayed.

I know personally, the tab target issue has caused at least 6 wipes over the last 3 weeks in my za/zg runs while tanking on my pally. Of course they could have been avoided if the dps killed the scouts instead of me going after them before they got to the drums but, ah well, i do like to pug those for the challenge (and the satchel, still have yet to get a mount out of about 40 satchels.)

---------- Post added 2011-08-09 at 02:05 PM ----------

The fix has been implemented and seems to work pretty well. No longer targeting dead targets and tabbing through mobs seems to work well enough. Tabbing to a distant target while you are embroiled in a local fight seems to still be dicey, but click targetting will work in those cases. I started playing my dk again since its not frustrating anymore.

GJ blizz.

yea im not targetting the dead anymore either..... but targets not in los.... and critters now.... ZG i was destroying temple rats inadvertently ............. glad im not targetting the dead anymore but jeeez i thought the fix would be better than this

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Neutral mobs and critters were and always have been valid targets for tab targetting. Dead mobs should not have been. Fix is working as intended. :P