High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

lookin to buy new pc usin between $700-$800

anyone know any good sites that are having deals right now? i dont feel like building it. i just want to customize it and order it.
    i want i5 2500k 4gb ram and atleast a gts 550ti. OS not needed. any suggestions would b greatly appreciated thanks

Deleted
    Good sites will depend on where you live. I wouldn't get the 550 ti, there are better alternatives. Where I live you can pick up a gtx 460 or a 6850 for only 10%'ish more cost.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You may want to check with cyberpowerpc, very customizable and you should be able to get a good system together for around that price.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Where you from? PA tells me exactly nothing. :< Pennsylvania?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    You may want to check with cyberpowerpc, very customizable and you should be able to get a good system together for around that price.
    Until you buy a rig with an unlocked CPU and an H67 mobo, or vice versa, a locked CPU and P67 mobo then charge you 10% more because they built it themselves.

Granted, they are better than the POS Walmart/Target/etc prebuilt rigs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asics View Post
    Until you buy a rig with an unlocked CPU and an H67 mobo, or vice versa, a locked CPU and P67 mobo then charge you 10% more because they built it themselves.

Granted, they are better than the POS Walmart/Target/etc prebuilt rigs.
    Still a good system. Not excellent or great, but good. He's better off going with at least a H67/P67 or Z68 system so he can upgrade the processor later on when Ivy becomes available anyways.
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Deleted
    Is there a significant difference between P67/H67/Z68? The technical jargon baffles me!

10+ Year Old Account
    P67 allows you to overclock your CPU if it's unlocked ( k versions, like 2500k), Z68 allows you to use a SSD as a cache for your HDD and the the graphics of the CPU along with your graphics card.

10+ Year Old Account
    H67 doesn't allow overclocking but has integrated video
    P67 allows overclocking, no integrated video
    Z68 has both and some additional features.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_1155

I went to cyberpowerpc, downgraded the cpu to a 2100 i3 and added Windows 7 64-bit Home premium, you'll get a video card, a Z68 motherboard, and it was just under 800. Good system especially if you can't/don't want to build it yourself.