Thread: New HDD

Deleted

New HDD

I need a new HDD but haven't got a clue what to be looking at. I'd prefer not to replace my current HDD if possible and I would prefer at least a 1TB HDD.

This is my current HDD: seagate (dot) com/ww/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=dcab9d630e0e3110VgnVCM100000f5ee0a0aRCRD&locale=en-GB

Any advice where I should start looking?

Cant go wrong with Samsung Spinpoint F3, seems like it's at really big discount atm in Newegg.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Cant go wrong with Samsung Spinpoint F3, seems like it's at really big discount atm in Newegg.
    Agree, either that or Western Digital. Those are the only 2 major brands that haven't failed on me yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Definatly a +1 for the F3 from me. It's cheap, it's nice and fast and it's reliable. What more could you ask for? Sure the WD Cavier Black boasts faster speeds on paper, but are you going to hit those speeds? Most likely the answer the no.

Another +1 for the spinpoint f3 from me... windows 7 boots more than twice as fast with it compared to my old budget drive lol..
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Deleted
    Cool, thanks.