Pvp 3's comp question.

Hey guys I'm new to pvp I just started doing 2's 2 weeks ago as a shadowpriest. So I was wondering what a good 3's comp would be. Someone in trade chat suggested affliction warlock/ spriest/ resto sham. But it was trade chat so I wasn't really sure. Any tips and tricks for shadow priest pvp in general would be greatly appreciated. Right now my current rotation is dot up one player and a then ms x3 then mb till they die. I dont know if that changes in 3's or what the strategies are. I may or may not be in my pvp gear but you can look me up arlegit- us malygos. Thanks guys I'd really appreciate constructive feedback.

Get a shaman and a lock/mage. It's pretty faceroll.

Shaman + Mage/Lock works well.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

Experienced or any less stupid players please correct if I'm talking crap.
    - As said above, get a resto shaman and a mage or lock. I liked the mage version in wotlk.
    - Back then the "usual" tactic was to rush the most appealing target while trying some fearbomb, mash cc like df, hex, horror on some pattern etc. Go hard on damage. If no deaths, switch or depending on comp go (semi)defensive and wait for the next fear. If the next fear goes well, go for gib again.
    - Or you can just train stuff while spamming almost coordinated cc and still succeed adequately.
    - The "rotation" and that sort of stuff are easily learned, not to eat interrupts, communication and coordination with your teammates, and proper positioning (this is huge) comes along.
    - What spells to use for damage probably depends. I don't know anything about shadowpriest any more, but whether go for that vt+dotting etc. or wings+3*ms,mb,swd "of death" depends likely whether you're applying pressure or going hard for the kill. Going hard usually means there's some good cc on the enemy team and you're in a good offensive position.
    - Don't care for the ratings first, or even second. They don't mean a shit. Take it easy. Have fun.
    - Watch some spriest pvp film, the setup is not that relevant (arenajunkies is a good source methinks), and watch the playstyle. Don't watch the huge numbers or health bars, rather how they position themselves etc; the general playstyle.
    Last edited by ifrah; 2011-08-08 at 08:12 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow priest, rogue, druid is my favorite comp. Your rouge has to be multilate spec I believe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anything with a Resto Shaman + Mage/Lock is viable, but those comps are far over-used.

I'd say pick up a Rogue + Druid and have some actual fun instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Anything with a Resto Shaman + Mage/Lock is viable, but those comps are far over-used.

I'd say pick up a Rogue + Druid and have some actual fun instead.
    lolwut? how would rogue+druid be fun over the other comps? unless you mean having no fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickx View Post
    lolwut? how would rogue+druid be fun over the other comps? unless you mean having no fun.
    In my opinion, it's a fun setup. Just like triple Feral can be fun.

All I'm saying is that setups with a Resto Shaman + Mage/Lock aren't fun. They're easy. They're OP. They're over-represented. They're everywhere. They're NOT fun.

Imo, Resto Druids > Resto Sham with a mage/lock because you have cyclones. Fear/Sheep/Cyclone ALL on different DR. Go with Resto Druid/Frost Mage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danky View Post
    Imo, Resto Druids > Resto Sham with a mage/lock because you have cyclones. Fear/Sheep/Cyclone ALL on different DR. Go with Resto Druid/Frost Mage.
    I can sum up a huge list of reasons why you should go with a Resto Shaman instead though, and I guess we all can.

MLS >>>>> MLD.