10+ Year Old Account

Need help with a gift...

So long story short, I have this girlfriend and we broke up, but we are still really close and stuff. And I was never the type to randomly show up with flowers or shit like that, neither was she the type to really care. But she did buy me a few things over time that I really appreciated and now I want to really surprise her with something special. She is really into music, all kinds, books, an intellectual, theater, dance, etc. Anyone have any gift suggestions? Please keep the price range in the triple digits. I'm already gonna surprise her with a nice dinner but I would love some more suggestions too from the ever-trustworthy MMO Champ community!

10+ Year Old Account
    Get her a cd she really likes.

Buy her a Kindle. I personally love mine and loved my husband for getting it for me. Also, keep in mind there are several types of these out there. Barnes & Noble has the "Nook", etc. Kindle is only good for Amazon.com and Nook can only be used with Barnes & Noble. I vote for the Kindle because Amazon.com has the largest selection of books overall and it only takes seconds for the book to be delivered over the whisper net.
    Last edited by Demona3; 2011-08-08 at 08:00 PM.

Don't buy her anything. Go do something with her, got watch a play or something that she thoroughly enjoys. You mentioned theater?? 90% of women i know prefer you taking them somewhere and showing them something unique once in a while. My two cents hope it helps!

Buy her the gift of giving by making her a list of things you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Forum Troll View Post
    Buy her the gift of giving by making her a list of things you want.
    Well trolled, A Forum Troll.

As for the others, I do spend time with her, that's a given. And I don't mean for that to sound rude. The kindle is a good idea though, thank you.

BUMP FOR MORE HELP PLZ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go do something with her, get tickets to a concert or something.

Personally I wouldn't I did that and now wish I had used those funds elsewhere. As for gifts nothing beats a Whitman's sampler.

Or get her a piece of art by Charles Bronson http://freebronson.co.uk/shop/purchase_art.php

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    Go do something with her, get tickets to a concert or something.
    Take her to see GWAR, women always like it when I ask them to go see GWAR. Or Rammstein if it is possible.

iPad or a Whopper with no onions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    iPad or a Whopper with no onions.
    Already has one. iPad that is. :/

---------- Post added 2011-08-08 at 05:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Welo View Post
    Buy her wow.
    I should have expected this on a WoW forum.

---------- Post added 2011-08-08 at 06:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Take her to see GWAR, women always like it when I ask them to go see GWAR. Or Rammstein if it is possible.
    Yeah GWAR would be a great idea, lol. Everyone loves being showered in shit.

---------- Post added 2011-08-08 at 06:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Personally I wouldn't I did that and now wish I had used those funds elsewhere. As for gifts nothing beats a Whitman's sampler.

Or get her a piece of art by Charles Bronson http://freebronson.co.uk/shop/purchase_art.php
    Fair enough, but I think I'll pursue it anyway. All of that art seems to be sold out, unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    What makes you say nook over kindle?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say in addition to the dinner, take her to a show at the theater she really wants to see and try to get some really nice seats if you can.

I'd see if you have a local theater that does a season pass type thing. Or pick a show that she'd really like and get tickets to that. A few years ago I got VIP tickets to a Cirque Du Soleil performance and that was so much fun!

If she already has an ipad then nook/kindle are obsolete. She can just use her ipad as one.

Just take her out and do something fun. Go to the carnival and win her cheesy stuffed animals (Disneyland or Cedar Point or something along those lines if it's doable). Or take her to the mall for a mini shopping trip.

15+ Year Old Account
    What is the message you want to get through? I would suggest making her a CD of some special songs but it may send the wrong message.

Best gifts I've ever had never were big expensive things but small things that showed me the other person remembered/cared. See what it is that she needs, no matter how small. That small thing she wished she had few days/weeks ago.
    Last edited by Deleo; 2011-08-13 at 09:29 AM.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Welo View Post
    Buy her wow.
    gonna be her death lol