Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    the motherboard i have is AM3 (running athlon x2 atm), and was looking for a decent AMD quadcore CPU and found the X4 925 for $89on newegg. not looking for an intel cpu.
    The X4 925 is significantly faster, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    It's an AMD. How good is it? For what? A coaster? Something to stick under a wobbly chair? I'd give it an A+. As an actual processor? You mean people still willingly PAY for AMDs?

I've had nothing but horrible luck with AMD. Based on the numbers I've seen though, that proc looks like it'd power through WoW, as long as the rest of your system is up to par. Also, unless things have changed recently, WoW can't really take advantage of multiple cores. You want to get a processor with multiple cores, you better make sure each core is fairly powerful.
    AMD has ran pretty well for me whether it be cpu or gpu, I think your just doing it wrong. ANYWAYS to respond to the other point in what you said, wow does in fact use multiple cores generally 2 and then offloading some other minor processes to the third and 4th core, if you ever have task manager open you'll notice 2 being used heavily with wow and 2 being used mildly.

But I will say if you had the option either buy a intel or wait for Bulldozer both of which currently beat down the current amd cpu (bulldozer is more of a guess since it is replacing phenom II) but if you really want don't want to wait go with the 925 it will be a nice increase I went from a athlon II x2 OCed to 3.5ghz to my current 965 OCed to 4ghz and it game me rather nice improvements in everything, the athlon II x2 was a complete bottleneck on my 6870
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D

Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    the motherboard i have is AM3 (running athlon x2 atm), initially i was looking for some good PC then i though i might save some money if i replaced my current CPU and get a better GPU, and was looking for a decent AMD quadcore CPU and found the X4 925 for $89on newegg. not looking for an intel cpu.
    For WoW x4 955 would give decent speed boost, for non-WoW games the difference between AthlonII and PhenomII less than 10% in typical games making it very ineffective upgrade and mostly waste of money. Only if you have really low end CPU currently (x2 200/400 series) upgrading it is worth considering, while AthlonII x4 600 series is pretty much identical in in most games to low end PhenomII's.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.