Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Anime] Just finished FMA:Brotherhood!

So before I get flamed for not seeing it until now I wanted to say that YES I am a huge Anime fan but NO I do not watch non-dubs. I've tried and tried to watch the originals with sub titles and I cannot get into. I am forced to watch the bottom of the screen 90% of the time and it's just not enjoyable. ALso, because I don't speak anything close to japanese, all the voices end up sounding familiar to me, and often times I cannot even tell who's talking. With that said:

I finally finished FMA:Brotherhood today (It came in the mail yesterday) and this is hands down the best Anime I've ever seen thus far, it was definitely one of those shows that you find yourself immediately sad it's all over (

FMA is really the best dubbed anime that I've seen, there are some other good ones, but FMA is probably the best.

Did you even watch the first series of FMA before you watched brotherhood?

Nope I was told brotherhood followed the manga so I skipped fma.

You might find it worth watching, it's the same quality, same voices and everything used in brotherhood just the story is a little different. There's a movie too that was pretty good, but it's different in a different way. I think the movie has to be watched after the first series though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pride is my favorite, such a badass (x

yeah the manga started after the first animated series had been finished. so you can kinda call it the "origial" series to FMA.
    well its really well done and somehow it makes me believe in all of those guys actions, while usually im getting confused about some decisions(unlogical or simply stupid decisions like the well known "deathtrap" for the hero whos gonna survive it anyways~~, bullet to the eyes and its over scumbag villain!).

so yeah, its really cool hehe!

Deleted
    Now go watch everything you have in subs instead of dubbed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree brotherhood is amazing, but personally I can not stand dubs.

I loved it, I watched subs. Best anime i've seen, well I guess my only i've seen besides FLCL. Really enjoyable, there's a movie after FMA B but i've yet to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by jyoung91 View Post
    Nope I was told brotherhood followed the manga so I skipped fma.
    Wise choice...i had initially watched the first series when it came out on DVD in the UK years back and it started off well but quickly devolved into something that was seriously not worth the money spent buying it, after seeing there was a new series that followed the manga i watched the first episode and noticed the same story so i avoided watching it until earlier this year and i've got to say the difference between the 2 is like night and day.
    I would recommend avoiding the first series tbh...the movie however was actually quite good as it came up with a completely different story

Quote Originally Posted by jyoung91 View Post
    So before I get flamed for not seeing it until now I wanted to say that YES I am a huge Anime fan but NO I do not watch non-dubs. I've tried and tried to watch the originals with sub titles and I cannot get into. I am forced to watch the bottom of the screen 90% of the time and it's just not enjoyable. ALso, because I don't speak anything close to japanese, all the voices end up sounding familiar to me, and often times I cannot even tell who's talking. With that said:

I finally finished FMA:Brotherhood today (It came in the mail yesterday) and this is hands down the best Anime I've ever seen thus far, it was definitely one of those shows that you find yourself immediately sad it's all over (
    It's kind of funny because it's the opposite for me, I can't really stand most anime dubbed. It just sounds... wrong to me. The subs also don't bother me and I can pay attention to the whole screen while reading them. I do agree though, FMA: Brotherhood is an amazing anime.

FMA was really good dubbed. Same goes for Yu Yu Hakusho and Cowboy Bebop and to a lesser extent, Dragon Ball z(other than the music replacement).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    I have yet to watch Brotherhood, but I did watch FMA and loved it. It's one of the few anime I've watched that I got "addicted" to, I usually grow bored after a few episodes.

Will definitely watch it sometime in the future.
    You must watch it, It blows the original away. And I am still a big fan of the first series. That said, there are a few things I though the original did do better then Brotherhood, mostly the early stuff that was in both probably due to the fact that they kinda rushed through that stuff in brotherhood in order to get to the new stuff.

As for Subs vs Dubs, I defiantly fall into the sub camp but I was not always that way. When I first started out I was much like the OP in that I couldn't read the subs and follow the action. Just takes a bit of getting used to it I think. Now I just cannot watch dubs. Even series that i loved dubbed like Bebop and Trigun I just cannot stomach with the bad english voices when I try to rewatch them now.

Brotherhood was AMAZING. It really was everything I wanted the first series to be.

Also, dunno if you know this, but just like the first series, they are ending with a full length movie.

The FMA:Brotherhood movie is out in Japanese theaters now. Look up FMA:Brotherhood The Sacred Star of Milos. Can't wait to see it. I hope it's better than Conqueror of Shamballa.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    FMA and FMA:B are at the top of all the anime i have watched. But i gotta say, subbed owns the dubbed. I know its kinda annoying to look at the subs and watch at the same time as you dont know the language but thats how i learned english and also now, a bit of japanese When it is a lot of serious talking going on i always read but in the "action" scenes all of the animes mostly use the same words and i have learned so much from just hearing. The subbed version also gives me more of a "real" feeling then the dubbed, basicly i hate dubbed shows and i cant stand is since its not supposed to be that way!

Well i guess its an individual choice but once you go sub, you never go back :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I watched both "seasons" and like FMA:B more than the 1st season, Cuz i didnt like such End that FMA had. The last seconds of Brotherhood made me really happy! When i saw the photo of Elrics family I was smiling like a stupid boya and rewatching last minutes of this anime Winry and Ed's conversation at the train station was so funny and adorable i rewatched it like 100 times aswell And i find the first season more cruel than the second, why? u can compare the story about Nina and his father(which made 'em chimaera like -_-)

I never watch Dub anime cuz i like to watch only subbed eng/rus which is available on that moment and yes, some japanese phrases i know really well, and when i hear something without subs - i can easily find out what about characters talk

So 10/10 to FMA, cant wait for the second movie (which shows in Japan Cinemas for now) when it comes to BD i heard they are gonna release Blueray in q4 of this year(or q1 2012 )
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Is the whole series dubbed yet?
    Ben Kenobi "This isn't the signature you are looking for."

Quote Originally Posted by ryoukthebloodelf View Post
    Is the whole series dubbed yet?
    The last dubbed episode airs on TV on sept 24.

yep its one of my top anime ive ever seen but its really sad youre handcapping yourself to dubs only i recognize that at least in my language there are some very decent dubs but still the original version is far superior...

luckily for you: http://madokamagicausa.com/

Deleted
    Dubs are the cancer of anime. One that I'd like to see purged rather soon.