10+ Year Old Account

Infernal Ambassadors: Nemesis Critera as Hunter.

What's up, ladies and gentlemen?

I tried posting this on the Blizzard forums but because posts are continuously added or bumped, mine was pushed to the bottom and hasn't received a response in a few days. Yeah, I bumped. Regardless, I seem to be having issues with the Nemesis criteria for the "Infernal Ambassadors" achievement as a hunter. From personal experience, I've noticed that a hunter's pet is not entirely susceptible to immense damage intake from certain abilities and game mechanics. For example, your pet takes close to no damage from Raging Inferno during the Fire Warder encounter at the gauntlet event in Heroic: Halls of Origination, or the Shatter that Ozruk delivers in Heroic: The Stonecore. Knowing this, I willingly let my pet hold aggro on Nemesis while I simply attacked. I stood in close proximity to Tortolla so I was prepared to be protected by her shield to avoid taking damage from Molten Fury. When he cast it, "IMMUNE" showed up on my character's unit frame. That's what is supposed to happen.

After I defeated Nemesis, I did not receive the achievement. After I turned the quest in, I did not receive the achievement. I mentioned it in guild and one of the other hunters said he attained it but couldn't recall how. I did summon Nemesis by speaking with Tortolla myself. I am unsure if it truly matters, but I don't know if I actually tagged Nemesis first. There was a paladin that landed and hit Nemesis as soon as he showed up.

Later through the day I had begun to think that maybe because hunters would obviously be the easiest class to obtain this on, you need to prevent your pet from taking damage as well as yourself. I had also begun to think that this may be one of those few occasions where a hunter can be in melee range but still be able to use ranged attacks, essentially omitting the need for a pet, therefore keeping your pet from taking damage. I am sure you could leave your pet on passive and bring it in when he is about to use Molten Fury.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by reuva; 2011-08-09 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Typo

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try without a pet?
    It dies in 5 seconds, dont see a problem there

Deleted
    Your pet does not matter. Stay inside the shield. You know you are inside because you cannot attack while in. It's a 2-way immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallinsinner View Post
    What's up, ladies and gentlemen?

I tried posting this on the Blizzard forums but because posts are continuously added or bumped, mine was pushed to the bottom and hasn't received a response in a few days. Yeah, I bumped. Regardless, I seem to be having issues with the Nemesis criteria for the "Infernal Ambassadors" achievement as a hunter. From personal experience, I've noticed that a hunter's pet is not entirely susceptible to immense damage intake from certain abilities and game mechanics. For example, your pet takes close to no damage from Raging Inferno during the Fire Warder encounter at the gauntlet event in Heroic: Halls of Origination, or the Shatter that Ozruk delivers in Heroic: The Stonecore. Knowing this, I willingly let my pet hold aggro on Nemesis while I simply attacked. I stood in close proximity to Tortolla so I was prepared to be protected by her shield to avoid taking damage from Molten Fury. When he cast it, "IMMUNE" showed up on my character's unit frame. That's what is supposed to happen.

After I defeated Nemesis, I did not receive the achievement. After I turned the quest in, I did not receive the achievement. I mentioned it in guild and one of the other hunters said he attained it but couldn't recall how. I did summon Nemesis by speaking with Tortolla myself. I am unsure if it truly matters, but I don't know if I actually tagged Nemesis first. There was a paladin that landed and hit Nemesis as soon as he showed up.

Later through the day I had begun to think that maybe because hunters would obviously be the easiest class to obtain this on, you need to prevent your pet from taking damage as well as yourself. I had also begun to think that this may be one of those few occasions where a hunter can be in melee range but still be able to use ranged attacks, essentially omitting the need for a pet, therefore keeping your pet from taking damage. I am sure you could leave your pet on passive and bring it in when he is about to use Molten Fury.

Thoughts?
    Regardless of your class, *you* need to be the one to tag it. As long as you tag it and meet the criteria, you should get the achievement. Note that you can hang around there all day and keep killing it over and over. I did that with those, and I've been doing that with the mobs for Ready for Raiding II on the Molten Front as well. It's disappointing Blizzard stuck in achievements where the goal seems to be to make sure you ninja tag the mob in order to get credit, but there you go. If someone else is there trying for it, I usually try and stick around to help them if I'm the one who tagged it first, as a courtesy, especially if I've been hanging around a few tries tagging a lot.

All you have to do is dismiss your pet, tag it then profit. Its easy thats all I did to get it.

Seems that you have to tag it, and maybe land the killing blow too.
    Due to the rather questionable decision to have quest credit but not achievement credit from killing those summoned by someone else it does make it rather difficult due to ninja tagging to speed up the questing.

Deleted
    Remember that you can summon them as often as you like if you don't turn in the quest. Might help if someone else tags it first next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olafski View Post
    Remember that you can summon them as often as you like if you don't turn in the quest. Might help if someone else tags it first next time.
    Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I was totally oblivious to the fact that you could continue to summon him. This will definitely give me an advantage, should I mess up again. Being the first to tag it to earn the achievement does make sense. I guess by that logic, I answered my own question in my own thread.

Slashwink.

Deleted
    On the Molten Lords you have to be first to tag - with the quest dudes you don't. As long as you've hit it at some point you'll get credit for the kill for quest purposes and if you've done what you needed for the achi you'll get credit for that too. At least that's how it worked for me.

On the bird dude I was in a party and my party member went awol while doing call the flock - i carried on and killed the big guy (can't remember his name). Party member got the achievement and didn't even have the quest. He was happy with me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    On the Molten Lords you have to be first to tag - with the quest dudes you don't. As long as you've hit it at some point you'll get credit for the kill for quest purposes and if you've done what you needed for the achi you'll get credit for that too. At least that's how it worked for me.

On the bird dude I was in a party and my party member went awol while doing call the flock - i carried on and killed the big guy (can't remember his name). Party member got the achievement and didn't even have the quest. He was happy with me
    I did get the criteria for the achievement, thus earning me the Infernal Ambassadors achievement subsequently. Very strange thing happened, though. I managed to protect myself from Molten Fury the first time. I didn't realize that after each Molten Fury, Tortolla moves to a different location. About a quarter way through the Molten Fury cast, I noticed that Tortolla was on the other side of the island, adjacent to my location. I made it under the shell at the same time Molten Fury was cast and I was hit by it. My pet was dead so I used Scare Beast to fear Nemesis away to revive my pet. During the time Nemesis was feared, a system message appeared, telling me that Nemesis was beginning to cast Molten Fury but there was no cast bar and Nemesis was still fleeing.

I was able to revive my pet and finish Nemesis off without any problems. I was astonished when I got the achievement, despite being hit by Molten Fury.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter who tags the mob first. I received credit on mine for only tossing up a disease because Nemesis was practically dead when I got there. (Personally I don't deserve the achieve credit being I didn't actually do the requirement, but one less thing I have to worry about later)
    Try engaging him minus your pet, or if you have the pet out, call him back when Nem starts to cast Molten Fury.
    Kaeliri
    Sturmgrenadier Officer
    www.sghq.org
    Join a 10+ year old adult gaming syndicate in the domination of the MMO world