when to pop guardian? - on use trinket and heroism

i always thought that i popped my trinket (moonwell chalice) then guardian and both right before heroism/bloodlust/timewarp... is this the correct order so that the guardian gets the trinket affect and haste buff?...

I don't think guardians scale with haste, personally I do it when both my trinkets and power torrent coincide, I pop Synapse Springs and fire up that baby.

Deleted
    Guardians benefit from mastery and intellect/spellpower.
    So if you have Power Torrent, Lightweave Embroidery fx., Darkmoon Volcano Card, Volcanic Potion, Moonwell Chalice, proccing at the same time, well, popping Doomguard now would be the time to do it Today on dummy, I had my Doomguard critting for 80k when all those procs were up.

Although, I'm actually not quite sure if Doomguard benefits from Demon Soul: Felguard ?

You want to pop it the moment when you have the highest possible stat increases. which means mastery and intellect. you don't get any gain from Meta or heroism when popping guardians, i've tested this.
    in Demo, i always pop when i have MWC, volcanic pot up, and if possible; DMV and/or power torrent proccs. getting all those four at the same time is always easisest in the beginning of a fight, but if the fight has a burn phase, like shannox, rhyolith or Beth, you might want to save it for that, even if you do lower dps overall. on majordomo and baleroc it's safe to pop it whenever you see fit.

Although, I'm actually not quite sure if Doomguard benefits from Demon Soul: Felguard ?
    I don't think so since it's Shadow and Fire damage done and is not a int/sp buff.

The doomguard benefits from haste RATING on your gear. It does not benefit from % based haste you have such as DI, 5% from shadow priest/moonkin/shaman totem, heroism or anything else really. Take off all your gear and pop a DG and watch his cast time. Put all your gear back on 10 mins later and pop him again and see he casts a bit faster. He also benefits from Essence of the Red on Sinestra (but I doubt that's relevant info for you atm).

You can also directly DI him when he's up and that will quicken his casting speed too lol but yeah f that.
    Last edited by Sanoku; 2011-08-09 at 09:47 PM.

I personally have a problem with this, I even got an addon tracking my internal cooldowns just so I could use it when I procc'ed everything. But it just seems that I would never have all of them at the same time(other than at the start). Is it worth to just use it at the start ? I've done it a couple of times and it's been really awesome, I'm just unaware if there are any negative aspects to this?. thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by Slickzdmaw View Post
    I personally have a problem with this, I even got an addon tracking my internal cooldowns just so I could use it when I procc'ed everything. But it just seems that I would never have all of them at the same time(other than at the start). Is it worth to just use it at the start ? I've done it a couple of times and it's been really awesome, I'm just unaware if there are any negative aspects to this?. thanks .
    There aren't, unless there is a burn phase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yllemanden View Post
    Why would you have felguard up and summon doomguard instead of infernal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koudbiertje View Post
    Why would you have felguard up and summon doomguard instead of infernal?
    Don't know if you know this or not but the doomgaurd does tons more damage than the infernal.

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    On single target fights yes, but if its single target you should be using felhunter not felguard, hence his comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dommo View Post
    On single target fights yes, but if its single target you should be using felhunter not felguard, hence his comment.
    Yes but you should be using DS: Felguard anyway, since it's way better.

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    There aren't, unless there is a burn phase.
    yeah that's what I wanted to know, thanks a bunch. Should help me quite a bit on certain fights where I used to save it for execute(Don't ask why lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Peepo View Post
    i always thought that i popped my trinket (moonwell chalice) then guardian and both right before heroism/bloodlust/timewarp... is this the correct order so that the guardian gets the trinket affect and haste buff?...
    For max personal dps you want to always summon it once all your procs are active (i.e. always early in the fight) regardless whether hero/bl will be popped as neither benefit your guardian. However if you need to use it at a point where high dps is required later on in the fight then it would be best to save it till then and try line it up with some of your procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician View Post
    For max personal dps you want to always summon it once all your procs are active (i.e. always early in the fight) regardless whether hero/bl will be popped as neither benefit your guardian. However if you need to use it at a point where high dps is required later on in the fight then it would be best to save it till then and try line it up with some of your procs.
    okay, but is it guardian then trinket use or trinket use then guardian?...

if i make a macro -

cast demonsoul
    use trinket
    cast demonform
    use pot
    cast guardian

?

All procs up THEN use your guardian.

Guardian snapshots your current stats/buff/procs (w/e you want to call it). That snapshot (literal meaning) will keep all the buffs active on the guardian until it despawns. So if you have 1s left on your buffs when you summon the guardian the +stats will remain on the guardian for the full duration of its summon even though the procs have all dropped off you. Same can be said for Meta.

Also, it would be wise to not macro your procs into meta/guardian summon. With server lag you might go into meta or your guardian might summon before the server recognises your procs.

Deleted
    at the moment i have DS and MWC macroed together, i then just manually pop meta and doomguard, is that an alright way of doing things?

i also have a question about pet swapping, but its probably not worth maiking another thread about.

my question is how do you guys manage pet swapping, my own example is, i start with fg already out, DS, then SB: felhunter, wait till DS is up again then SB:FG, rinse and repeat, however i then run out of shards after just two DS's and have to hard cast my summons from then on.

is that intended or have i missed some glaringly obvious trick? : \

EDIT: another sneak question if you dont mind, on fights when FG is gunna be most useful ive been told to take glyph of FG, but what do i drop for it, my own thoughts go towards corruption since its only a small chance for a free spell, but its always worth getting second opinions
    Last edited by mmocc79d143111; 2011-08-10 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigyin109 View Post
    at the moment i have DS and MWC chalice macroed together, i then just manually pop meta and doomguard, is that an alright way of doing things?

i also have a question about pet swapping, but its probably not worth maiking another thread about.

my question is how do you guys manage pet swapping, my own example is, i start with fg already out, DS, then SB: felhunter, wait till DS is up again then SB:FG, rinse and repeat, however i then run out of shards after just two DS's and have to hard cast my summons from then on.

is that intended or have i missed some glaringly obvious trick? : \
    I think you're supposed to hard cast FG and SB the puppy after popping DS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    I think you're supposed to hard cast FG and SB the puppy after popping DS
    aah yea that makes more sense, no idea why i didnt think of that my self /derp

ty

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 04:18 PM ----------

even more questions! is it worth keeping FG out for lolstorm? or shall i just pop DS then insta summ Felhunter back?

Quote Originally Posted by bigyin109 View Post
    aah yea that makes more sense, no idea why i didnt think of that my self /derp

ty

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 04:18 PM ----------

even more questions! is it worth keeping FG out for lolstorm? or shall i just pop DS then insta summ Felhunter back?
    I'm not sure on the math, but yeah I think you have to hardcast FG, use lolstorm, then SB:Felhound.