Thread: pyroblast

Stood in the Fire Doctor Deanster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

pyroblast

is it just me or has anyone else who uses a fire spec is able to cast pyroblast without the hotstreak buff?
    I'm not sure if it's a bug or not but ever since i respecced to fire ive noticed that i can cast pyroblast with no hotstreak needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    not a bug it is as always hot streak just makes it free and instant you can cast it always

Technically, you cast Pyroblast! When consuming your Hot Streak Proc, and Pyroblast when you hard cast it.

But yes - timing a Pyroblast cast with the tank pulling is part of the recommended Fire rotation.
    Just another bad mage playing his class badly...
    Worst Mage EVAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Spleen View Post
    Technically, you cast Pyroblast! When consuming your Hot Streak Proc, and Pyroblast when you hard cast it.

But yes - timing a Pyroblast cast with the tank pulling is part of the recommended Fire rotation.
    I still remember, how raidlead tried to ban this in our case and actually name it as example of "bad playing"...

Bad raid leader is bad.

That with a pre-pot is part of min/maxing fire. Just like pre-pot + eating is part of Arc's :P
    Worst Mage EVAR!

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
    I still remember, how raidlead tried to ban this in our case and actually name it as example of "bad playing"...
    He would be true if you pull aggro every pull then yes it is bad playing. if the boss sticks to your tank then he should stop complaining tbh

If we're pulling aggro every pull when we time a Pyro to hit the target concurrent with the tank - his threat generation would be woeful for almost any raids.

Besides, if his aggro generation is that weak - taunting off us every pull would help improve his threat.

Seriously - the days of "wait 5 seconds to cast so tank can grab threat" are over and if you aren't ramping up your damage/threat as a tank upon initial pull, you're doing something terribly, terribly wrong...
    Worst Mage EVAR!

15+ Year Old Account
    Start with MI to avoid the whole fiasco. Problem solved and your raid lead can shut it.

Does your raid not run with a rogue and/or hunter?

L2Misdirect....