Deleted

respeccing demo when already geared for affli

as the title says i play affli MS and have a destro spec that i havent used for months now, so im thinking of swapping it for demo, i was just wondering how badly my affli gear is gunna gimp demo dps, can i get away with playing demo in affli gear? or do i need to reforge every time i spec change or even keep an entire seperate set of gear? i know ive got a few mastery/XXX items where i reforged away from mastery, so i could just reverse the reforges while still being hit capped.

my guild is no where near bleeding edge progress so im not too keen on the whole "spend 9k on this and that for 17 more dps", and tbh, im not even sure how often i will use demo, we have a ele shammy on a pretty much constant basis, so its really gunna depend on how i like the way it plays

armoury link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inshade/simple

thanks for taking the time to read

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo prefers mastery, affli prefers haste, so to do ideal dps, yes, you should reforge.

You could run Rawr and check how you could perform as demo in your affli gear.

You can play demo quite good as affl reforge, but not the other way around, since Mastery is quite terrible for affl, but strong for demo. So it shouldn't be a problem whatsoever.

rawr is horrible for Locks, Check the simcraft sticky if you need some help running any of those. Rawr was designed for druids nad doesnt work all to well for locks. also wowreforge.com gives a pretty good picture

I saw this addon on the front page, seems like it would be handy since affliction / demo have different reforging.

luckily, though you want mastery, you're going to want a certain amount of haste for an extra tick for your dots. So reforge away your haste to mastery and whatnot, and perhaps you could land right on the haste mark with the rest into mastery. You'd pretty much be perfectly optimized.

Yay for haste plateaus allowing more flexible gearing?

Deleted
    cool, thanks for the quick replies guys, much appreciated, just noticed that addon Him, gunna have a look at it and see what its like

from what i last read aswell, demo and affli use diff trinkets aswell? as of right now, i have DMC:V and chalice equipped, with normal bell in my bag, dont have revered yet with avengers, but slowly chipping away at it when i get the time

dmc:v and chalice are bis demo until you do heroic baleroc and get the necro trinket to replace dmc:v so ur fine there. and i think sims show that although u want that 1993 haste threshhold for ur dots, mastery stacking is still a bigger dps boost than reaching that. i think the general consensus is that unless ur below 1k haste, dont worry about it.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

personally, i think afflict works in mastery gear as well.

affict w/ mastery offers the highest dps a lock can offer during execution phrase with soul drain.

not sure if simcraft actually reflect the dps during execution phrase.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexishomer View Post

affict w/ mastery offers the highest dps a lock can offer during execution phrase with soul drain.

yes it does and haste still > mastery over all for affliction

Simcraft does that.

10+ Year Old Account

There isn't really a "personally" when it comes to haste for affliction. Mastery is a weak stat for affliction. Haste>Crit>Mastery. There's a whole lot of fighting outside of execute that you have to get through.