Poll: Do you agree?

Thread: Weekly Quest

Deleted

Weekly Quest

Anyone else think that the weekly quest from dalaran should give valor points? Nothing big, something like 70 VP, just to stop the old instances rotting away and being ignored, i see so many people sitting in org, and this would give them something to do.. Feed back please

Count me in I'm sick to death of Z's, I'd love to go back and 2 man an 80 instance for 70 VP!

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Here's a crazy concept, you could just clear the raid content (ya know, what Valor points are SUPPOSED to drop from) to get your cap.

Deleted
    I like to be capped before i do raids, so i have the best gear when i go into my raids

Quote Originally Posted by vhaman View Post
    Here's a crazy concept, you could just clear the raid content (ya know, what Valor points are SUPPOSED to drop from) to get your cap.
    Agree.

There should be no reward for running level 70 heroics. It's not hard and certain classes are significantly better at solo running.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    Agree.

There should be no reward for running level 70 heroics. It's not hard and certain classes are significantly better at solo running.
    except that the weekly was for a raid not a heroic,

imagine if they made it that for a level 85 when you had this quest in your log you entered a 'phased' raid instance and the boss was a level 85 with scaled up abilities and hp.

now that would be awsome.

i posted on the forums weeks ago that they should bring back the weekly raid quests as they would be much more preferable to running heroics for valor points, it fell on deaf ears.

any boss from BoT, BWD or Totfw would do, it'd even encourage more pugging of T11 raids.

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 11:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    except that the weekly was for a raid not a heroic,

imagine if they made it that for a level 85 when you had this quest in your log you entered a 'phased' raid instance and the boss was a level 85 with scaled up abilities and hp.

now that would be awsome.
    have to say that would be quite cool, they could re-use the argent tournament grounds or build some new ampitheatre purely for weekly raid boss quests, each week a random raid boss is thrown into the pit and you have to take it down - a bit like the X-men training room or something, you have someone summon forth the weekly challenge which could be any boss from throughout wow

it'd be a good opportunity to throw old bosses at players without having to completely re-hash old instances as well as offer up an endless variety of bosses, you could go anywhere from vanilla bosses to cataclysm bosses - all scaled to current endgame level, so that in new expansions they could continue the weekly random raid boss.

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    it'd be a good opportunity to throw old bosses at players without having to completely re-hash old instances as well as offer up an endless variety of bosses, you could go anywhere from vanilla bosses to cataclysm bosses - all scaled to current endgame level, so that in new expansions they could continue the weekly random raid boss.
    They would have to retune and test the bosses before releasing them. This takes effort. They then release them and get flamed for rereleasing old content again. I don't see them doing it. The re-hashing QQ has ruined the chances of us revisiting some great classic content.
    Source

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    They would have to retune and test the bosses before releasing them. This takes effort. They then release them and get flamed for rereleasing old content again. I don't see them doing it. The re-hashing QQ has ruined the chances of us revisiting some great classic content.
    you make it sound like they are testing things before releasing them, and as if revisiting old raid content is more then just "the eayest way to make money"

i'd still prefer to raid a random untuned raid boss for some valor points, than to run more friggin heroics.

do it properly and it could be something that lasts throughout expansions, think of it as an alternative to VoA/BH and the random dungeon finder, it could easily become the random raid finder, it throws you into a group, throws you in front a raid boss and gives you valor points as loot instead of gear.

but also think of the variety, ANY boss from vanilla to cataclysm could be used - WITHOUT having to re-create the entire instance. everyone gets their nostalgia fix without having to break the old content or fully recycle it.

you could even have more than 1 boss, with the random bosses increasing in difficulty as you kill them. you could start with easy tank and spank patchwerk/old VoA bosses then move onto more and more mechanically complex bosses.

imagine walking into a raid where the first boss was patchwerk, the second was shade of aran, the third was prince malchezzar, the fourth was freya and the last was cho'gal. would that not be fun? the next week you could have an entirely different subset of bosses. i think it'd be an interesting addition

Quote Originally Posted by Zweistein View Post
    you make it sound like they are testing things before releasing them, and as if revisiting old raid content is more then just "the eayest way to make money"
    Yes I am.

You test every patch before releasing it. But the time taken to find all errors increases with complexity squared. They fix all they can before releasing it, some still get through, but it is still heavily tested. Afterall, that's why the top guilds had far too much experience with FL before it was released.

Revisiting ZG/ZA/SFK/DM was not the "easiest way to make money", it was doing something that was appreciated by a large number of players, it was bringing back classic content. They're some of the best dungeons out there, and I know many people who will appreciate even more classic content being updated for level 85. They've put in a lot of effort to make those dungeons new, its just a shame that some people cannot see that because the background environment those new elements exist within are the same as the older version of the dungeon.

The suggestion of brining back raid bosses, would require significantly less effort than designing a new dungeon, and hopefully they would convert a larger number of bosses because of this. However, as I said, people will complain that is re-hashing content to make cheap money as you have just done. This is why it won't happen. Players don't want fun things, they want shiny things.

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 12:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    i'd still prefer to raid a random untuned raid boss for some valor points, than to run more friggin heroics.
    When I say retuned I mean scaled up, which is no easy task. If you leave them as their current level, paladins will be at a much greater advantage than those classes such as priests, who cannot both tank and heal.
    Source