Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashe-Arathor View Post
    Too bad the GM actually said it was a known bug.
    Just because it's a known bug, doesn't mean they found exactly what it is that causes the bug.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard's customer service is without a doubt, hands down, the best for any game I have ever played. No other game I have ever seen has a GM team of this magnitude and helpfulness. Some people just have ludicrously unrealistic expectations of them- not meaning the OP here- but it is important to bear in mind that we are spoiled by having these people on hand to help us where most games have just a forum or nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    This is very true, but I still agree with the OP that the customer service is kinda low. While they cant give you the achievement they can reset a lockout completely and they can 1 shot bosses (to give you a lockout with only the end boss alive) thus giving you a second chance at getting the achievement in the same week, this is not something they do probably because they think it takes too much time but it is something they can do.
    They would never do that. It's most likely against their guidelines, because that would grant a group of players an advantage over all others for no particular reason.

Pure, Alliance Turalyon EU 8/8 25 HC

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebonzai! View Post
    They would never do that. It's most likely against their guidelines, because that would grant a group of players an advantage over all others for no particular reason.
    Last week when I had a problem where I needed this kind of service the GM suggested resetting the instance for me this was of course BWL (very old content) but I told him no because I couldnt use a reset for anything, I just wanted Nef as I can solo him. So it is possible and they could even go as far as removing VP + loot from the previous kill and just letting the players get another try on the achievement.

I know for a fact that GMs have 1 shot spells and he could have gone inside the instance and 1 shot the first 7 bosses, it would have been no problem at all but instead he decided to spend 45 mins trying to fix it for me by saying im stupid and that I dont know how extended lockouts work.
    Even if they have one shot spells, I don't think that using them in that way to fix the number of bosses that are up in a raid would be acceptable within their power use. Doing that, the GM would have probably been reprimanded by Blizzard. Just because someone has the power to do a work around for a fix does not mean they would be right in using it.

Many people have received the achievement and gotten the ICC 10 and 25 Mount.
    Like myself...

You mustve did sumthing wrong.
    Was in a ICC25 LK normal pug that did both achievements in 1 shot.

Last week when I had a problem where I needed this kind of service the GM suggested resetting the instance for me this was of course BWL (very old content) but I told him no because I couldnt use a reset for anything, I just wanted Nef as I can solo him. So it is possible and they could even go as far as removing VP + loot from the previous kill and just letting the players get another try on the achievement.
    I confess that I have a certain amount of trouble believing this. You are saying that a GM reset BWL, and then killed every single boss all the way up to Nef for you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I confess that I have a certain amount of trouble believing this. You are saying that a GM reset BWL, and then killed every single boss all the way up to Nef for you?
    No he suggested resetting BWL, he never touched any of the bosses I didnt even let him reset the instance im just saying that they do have the power to do so. It might be against their rules but they can 1 shot bosses.

Yes GMs can 1 shot stuff,... you'll never see them do it because they'll loose their little job but they can (ie... anyone remember martin fury?)..

but besides that GMs can definitely track all this stuff from even months before and on top of that, can see a log of achievements that are NOT in your achievement history that you SHOULD have. The reason I know this is because the scumbag GM i keep getting to replace my EPIC (and i mean EPIC in the strongest of senses) mounts from vanilla says... "I know you had X mount and X mount, (etc.... ) but we cannot replace mounts after server transfer/faction change on new servers that never saw those mounts ... :-/

Funny cause I'm fairly certain I met a guy with the exact mount I'm specifically referring to who told me they gave him the same runaround and eventually the GMs GAVE IT TO HIM!! He told me to keep pestering them and ignore their threats about banning me (haven't been banned for spamming them yet in about a year) So I'm freaking screwed.... but to the point... yes the GMs can see that you SHOULD have an achieve (some flag in their program goes off or something) and are able to grant IT and the same is true with mounts (even pre-WoTLK stuff evidently as this GM told me). If I were you I'd make them suck it up and slam them with requests, just keep requesting. They threaten to ban me all the time but can't because they know its a legitimate request, it's their own damn problem if they don't want to fix it. Unfortunately sometimes you get stuck with 1 GM 100% of the time and then you're screwed like me but luckily they aren't all reading some dumb paper that tells them what to type everytime so if you get lucky (and another GM) you might have your problem solved.

bleh /rantoff

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Layuth View Post
    I believe it is common knowledge and has been for a very long time that you cannot receive credit for both Lich King achievements on the same kill. Hence you need to do the achievements on two different runs.
    not true, I got both in one kill.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Layuth View Post
    I believe it is common knowledge and has been for a very long time that you cannot receive credit for both Lich King achievements on the same kill. Hence you need to do the achievements on two different runs.

Funny my brother DID get both on same kill. Fact is that bugs reported since a year ago are still not fixed make people more annoyed ... We even get bugfix patches for the most stupid things as emotes, but can't fix Encounter related stuff...

It is a shame, but this is life i'm afraid.

I understand your frustration, I really, really do as i've been there before when Champion of Ulduar was removed. The night before the removal, we where not rewarded it despite meeting the criteria. Response was the same.

Meh, its just a achievement and a very outdated one at that. I myself have never had a problem like that but haven't gone back to do outdated content neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullhurley View Post
    I earned it on 2 different toons while it was current content. I actually care about him working that hard and not getting it or the help needed from Blizz. I don't how ever think that posts like this should be allowed without infraction on these forums anymore. The community is really starting to get bad with internet baddies like you. If you feel this way you should refrain from posting in threads so the rest of us can go without the garbage you feel important enough for us to see.
    Please just use the report button in the future.

I'm just going to close this - the topic has been pretty well covered now, and it's mostly just flaming at this point.