Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Personally I am focused on T12, so I really don't care if they are available. I have them for main and off spec already.

I never understand why people care. I mean if you are a true raider, you don't even care about T11 anymore

So i hadnt been in the normal t11 raids since their nerf. I went in yesterday to help someone grab gear for one of their alts. All i can is LOL if you cant clear those things which dont even require you to pay attention to the mechanics then you dont deserve anything. I was "healing" on my priest and literally i smite spammed for 40 minutes and cleared BOT, another 40 mins of smite spamming and BWD was dead. And no these people werent geared half of them were /2 pugs in za/zg gear at best. Spend 10 minutes and get a solid pug clear it in less time then a dungeon que takes to pop.

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 03:36 PM ----------

Also quick note with JP gear, crafted gear and BOES you can be almost full epics without ever setting foot into a raid. I dont know how much easier they can make it to "gear out."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same old tired bullshit in this thread. People can debate this until they die. But in the end it doesn't matter one bit what people think, Blizzard isn't going to change something they've been doing since before this expansion.

To me, T11 for JP is just fine. Last night I did my first Cata raid since I finally found a guild that raids on a schedule that works for me. The gear I got for JP and valor along with molten front rewards allowed me to be fully ready for raiding without having stepped into a Cata raid instance, except BH.
    I'm a crazy taco.

If it's old gear, who cares. I think it's a shame when only 1% of the subscribers get to see the content. I think blizz has got a pretty elegant system for releasing content to the masses over time.

(only read the 2 first and the last pages. It may already beed said..)

Honestly, i think the system is perfect as it is right now. Those who raid on a regular basis will always get better gear than the non-raiders. Those who doesn't raid on the other hand, are still able to get a decent gear (not the best).

I never did any raid in cata, not even a single BH. Though, i did many heroic. I assume many raider would like to see me stucked at 350 item level ? Maybe you're right, this is suffisent for heroics. (But i would still be kicked sometimes, because of bad gear).

Now what if i suddenly want to start raiding ? Most guilds are raiding firelands right now.. impossible with a 350 item-level. Dooing "old" raid ? Yes sure, that will be fun, they are all new to me anyway. Almost all pugs for old raids ask for 359 item level. (Total absurdity). Some of them, who are desperate, lower it to 355. Plus, they want everyone to know every fight perfectly. With a 350 item-level, plus a lack of knowledge from the fights, no chance to get into a pug. (Go gear nubs ! Sure, but how ??) I would be stucked into dooing heroics until next expansion.. sad.

So, the way it work right now seems perfect. With many heroics, plus alot of gold, i can get a decent enough gear to pass the inspection test. Allowing me to raid, and get better gear. Yep, better gear.. many seems to think that non-raiders can get the same exact gear than those who run firelands regularly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Sarcastic View Post
    I dont want to speak for the person you're replying to, but personally, I could maybe commit to that if I considered WoW raiding a big priority for me. I don't, it's just a bit of fun. Having done all dungeons and dailies and so on, though, if I couldnt get better gear, there would be nothing left in the game for me. While you might be fine with that, Blizzard would rather retain my custom, I would rather continue to play and progress in gear, and serious raiders lose nothing.
    I do understand where you are coming from, ad I fully realize this is a topic about the helm and shoulders not being available for JP. But then again, you have Blizzar basically giving you a near a FULL set of gear that will get you to perform to decent level in Firelands.

I wouldn't mind if they made the shoulders and headpiece available trough points, like the one I quoted previously, obviously had more than enough time to post complete and utter crap in topics, while that time could be better spend on getting the gear he has been literally begging Blizzard for. You can now easily pug BoT and BWD and clear it without any major issues. I'm simply SICK of these so called "casuals" constantly nagging and whining about "having a life" and claiming that "raiders obviously don't have a life and how I should be entitled to everything because i pay the same as you".
    You know what the sad thing is about this? Those people probably spend more time in game than any casual raider would do. They are making up stupid excuses for their bad performance, and in the meanwhile bashing the people who actually put in the effort.

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 09:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TypicalGoblin View Post
    Now what if i suddenly want to start raiding ? Most guilds are raiding firelands right now.. impossible with a 350 item-level.
    You can do fine in firelands with ZA:ZG gear and Justice point gear. You do not need anything above ilvl 359 to do normal Firelands, besides, being decked out in 359 gear wasn't even the case with guilds now progressing trough firelands, because it means you basically had the BiS normal gear from T11.

Quote Originally Posted by tacoloco View Post
    Same old tired bullshit in this thread. People can debate this until they die. But in the end it doesn't matter one bit what people think, Blizzard isn't going to change something they've been doing since before this expansion.
    i think you'll find that they did mid wotlk expansion, if you'd bother to read what i posted on page 19 then you'd see that blizzard changed mid expansion how tier gear was obtained

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    Iv always had a problem with this subject as more and more raid gear is made available to non raiders using methods besides raiding to obtain them. Its always bugged me to see people who dont raid complain about not being able to get the newest loot or complain that half the raid tier drops from boss's. But then i saw this on the blue tracker.

And i facepalmed. Am i the only one who sees a problem with this? I Think that if you dont raid you dont need or deserve raid loot. Absolutelly no reason to have it. Does this make me elitist? Am i the only one who has a problem with this?
    I don´t have the time to raid on a weekly basis, but still love the occasional raid. And when I do I want to be there armed to the teeth. Or do you rather have blue geared folks in your raids?

Also, don't let anyone else's pixels ruin the fun for you.

i totally agree.
    only thing id be fine with is say their are three tiers out,
    first- all pieces available to buy with points
    second- boss tokens only
    third- boss tokens only.

that way at least getting the second (and therefore eventually third) could be made slightly easier so people arent
    coming into the raiding "scene" (lol) in heroic gear trying to do second expansion tier raids

(might have been said, didnt wanna read 20 pages of crap)
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rocketbear
    wrote: then why can you not commit one night to farming old faceroll content?
    Few people like to run old content to get people geared up. We fucking hated that shit when we were required to do it in BC and we fucking hate it now. Epic gear for JP only helps raiding guilds because it increases the pool of people who don't have to be geared up.
    I'm a crazy taco.

As far as I'm concerned, if you don't raid, why do you want epics? If you do raid, then what are you complaining about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tacoloco View Post
    Rocketbear

Few people like to run old content to get people geared up. We fucking hated that shit when we were required to do it in BC and we fucking hate it now. Epic gear for JP only helps raiding guilds because it increases the pool of people who don't have to be geared up.
    Wait... if there are all of these "undergeared" players around massing in majority, why don't they band together and run some fuckin' T11 raids.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    i think you'll find that they did mid wotlk expansion, if you'd bother to read what i posted on page 19 then you'd see that blizzard changed mid expansion how tier gear was obtained
    They did that for their own purposes, not because of some sort of "community pressure". I don't know exactly what Blizzard's goals were, but I'm confident it wasn't because people were bitching about it.

In any case, my point stands. This thread is, in fact, the same tired old bullshit. On one side we have people who think they should have exclusive access to epic gear because they're raiders and on the other side are people, many like me, who couldn't care less how people got their gear, especially if it's old tier gear. Neither side is completely right or completely wrong. But regardless, the two sides are separated by a vast divide that will never be bridged.

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 10:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Wait... if there are all of these "undergeared" players around massing in majority, why don't they band together and run some fuckin' T11 raids.
    I'm talking from a guild perspective. The better geared someone is, the less time needs to be spent gearing a player. Without some sort of system for obtaining older raid gear, we're back to running old content to gear people up. That nonsense thankfully went out a long time ago.
    I'm a crazy taco.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many trolls. Closing.