Deleted

[Movies] Scott Pilgrim vs The world 10 years too late?

I was discussing the movie "Scott pilgrim vs The world" with my friends and one said that movie came out 10 years too late the stuff it makes jokes about new comers wont get it and if this movie came our during the the age of snes or genesis (megadrive if your are european or australian) or even n64 and playstation time most people would get the jokes.

As I replied not really most people who watch the movie pretty much know what to expect, and on top of that a lot of those said people are gamers themsevles.

So here is my question do you think the movie or comic came out too late or its just fine the way it came.
    Last edited by mmocac0d632917; 2011-08-09 at 08:17 PM.

I think it came out at the perfect time, considering the movie was just a metaphorical kick in the dick to all the hipsters out there in the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SynergySin View Post
    I think it came out at the perfect time, considering the movie was just a metaphorical kick in the dick to all the hipsters out there in the world.
    Hmm yes you are right I havent given tought about that hipster thing but then again I really wasnt paying attention to that were.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have only played the game for like 10-30 minutes years and years ago. Never read the comics. But I knew the basics.
    Imo the movie is fantastic, and any gamer worth his salt that's north of 22 years should get most of the gaming references.

It's just not very good. It's hipster garbage.

It had a lot of hot girls tho...

Deleted
    I loved it!

Awesome movie and I'm 22 years old.

It was sort of a niche film for retro gamers and comic readers. A lot of people who understood the references thought it was the coolest movie ever. Anyone else on the other hand would have no idea what's going on.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I Like this movie....but for some reason, its passed under the radar.
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

Vegan power!!!